Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

you could also spend that money on the LCD tv and use it as a monitor as well, like many people do here. kill 2 birds with 1 stone, essentially

I have a buddy who is trying to focus on his studies so he left his 32" samsung and his ps3 at my house.. I used the samsung for a while as a monitor. the 32 pales in comparison to the 3007 I am now using. 2 words, desktop space.
 
I have a buddy who is trying to focus on his studies so he left his 32" samsung and his ps3 at my house.. I used the samsung for a while as a monitor. the 32 pales in comparison to the 3007 I am now using. 2 words, desktop space.
Yeah, I'm guessing it's probably 720p res (1366x768?). That doesn't quite cut it for me for use as a PC monitor.

I caved in and ordered the Hanns-G 28" from Amazon for $349.99 earlier this week, because my 22" Samsung just felt so pitiful compared to some of the setups here. :D
 
...but other than that, I'd rather spend that money on a big LCD TV.

I hear you. Big TV's are fun for a lot of things. I thought a lot about getting one when I started this project, but some research changed my mind.

I worked at a high-end A/V boutique for four years. I got used to watching HD programming on $10k plasma TV's. They are nice, and I will be replacing my ancient 52" Mitz (non-HD) with a new Sammy one of these days...

However, I use my center 30" as a TV already. I added an HD tuner card to the PC and installed a Wineguard SS2000 in the attic. I get close to forty local channels (though maybe 10 are interesting, lol) with a crisper picture then any HDTV could provide. You've probably heard this a 1000 times already, but an HDTV is limited to 1920x1200 (1080p) regardless of how big the screen is physically. My 30"s sport 2560x1600 (1600p) and the dot pitch is so much smaller the an HDTV, blu-ray's and HD programming look better then anything high dollar screen I've ever sold. Having said all that, I rarely watch TV and spend most my free time at my PC's. You may get more money's worth out of the TV, but for me monitors was the best investment.

--

My hat off to you sir...i just ruined my keyboard with all the drool that got on it.

lol, thank you. This thread has had the same effect on me (probably half the reason I have blown the money I have ;) )
 
tripletson.jpg


f"n amazing!!!!!!! all it needs now is a hot naked girl popping out under the desk.
 
Ok, I've had a chance to tidy up a bit:

wirese.jpg

Lots of hardware means lots of wires.

wirescovered.jpg

Stealthed as best I could.

tripletsn.jpg

I'm afriad to find out what the power consumption of this room is during a good fragfest, lol.

I added a third tower to the mix on the right. It houses an old 900Mhz Tbird system of mine. I installed Win98SE on it for my old DOS based games. :D I just ran VGA to the center monitor. 640x480 at full screen is pretty hilarious, lol. I still have the new desk and all that to go, but I probably won't post any more pics until it is ready to be officially "unveiled". ;)
 
Im confused, is Frraksurred the same person as Murry? it appears they have the same setup...or am i just seeing stuff?

edit:: im stupid, didnt realize that murry just quoted that pic from Frraksurred. Ignore me.
 
Frraksurred, what table do you have there? Any referential links please?

Sorry Dan, I'm afraid I don't. I bought the desk about 9 years ago at Staples and have had numerous people ask me about it. I have checked out every desk on their site now, and several others, but found nothing matching it. Hopefully you will have better luck. Wish I could be more helpful.
 
I don't have an LCD setup but i have an LED setup:

Apple 24" LED Cinema Display is the first LED display for computers on the market today and it's only Apple compatible. The thing is entirely made from a solid piece of aluminum. It has a built-in camera, microphone, and speaker system. Consume lesser energy then LCDs. And 16.7 million colors.

3486321462_700c61e497_b.jpg

3486661398_a2ea5f5166_b.jpg

3486663978_cd22f1197d_b.jpg

3486668960_a1b7925936_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
its soooooo...... apple...

could use a new chair

and some wire management

and a pc

other than that nice stuff there
 
yea just because you displays have led backlights doesn't mean they aren't lcd screens. I'm not sure whether you are trying to be funny or not, but those are definitely led backlit lcd screens
 
yea just because you displays have led backlights doesn't mean they aren't lcd screens. I'm not sure whether you are trying to be funny or not, but those are definitely led backlit lcd screens

yeah LCD stands for liquid crystal display. LED stands for light emitting diode. I guess his idea of LCD only applies to those that have a CCFL backlight.
 
What's up everyone. I've been reading this forum for months now, so I figured it was time to join up. I'll try to get my setup posted in the next few days, but just wanted to say hi.
 
hey Postmodum!
i finally got them! as of now, im still playing with the placement and position of those babies,
but i love em! sound is great!

DSC02713.jpg

DSC02710.jpg


to stay on topic, these are my 2x 2243bwx

i had a T260HD in between them for a couple of days but wasn't use to it,
DSC02688.jpg

old setup
 
I don't have an LCD setup but i have an LED setup:

Apple 24" LED Cinema Display is the first LED display for computers on the market today and it's only Apple compatible. The thing is entirely made from a solid piece of aluminum. It has a built-in camera, microphone, and speaker system. Consume lesser energy then LCDs. And 16.7 million colors.

Nice Apple gear, but why the chair :confused:
 
vangogh623 said:
The chair looks really uncomfortable though.
tfortier said:
Good lord, you should sacrifice few cores for get a decent chair...
could use a new chair
Sweet equipment but the slime on the walls is disgusting.
anobrin said:
Nice Rig but get a better chair Bro.
Nice Apple gear, but why the chair :confused:
that is a fugly chair
LOL!

That's it! I'm getting a new chair! :mad:
 
Last edited:
hey Postmodum!
i finally got them! as of now, im still playing with the placement and position of those babies,
but i love em! sound is great!

DSC02713.jpg

See, I have this same desk and just went Dual-Screen. I was thinking of placing them in the corner of the desk, but than I'd have to twist my head while at the keyboard. What kind of arm do you have....link maybe?
 
See, I have this same desk and just went Dual-Screen. I was thinking of placing them in the corner of the desk, but than I'd have to twist my head while at the keyboard. What kind of arm do you have....link maybe?

hello,
what do you mean what kind of arm i have?
my keyboard is in the front of my two monitors, so i don't really have to turn my head,
i just roll my eyes from 1 screen to the other,

i don't know if thats what your asking, if not, feel free to pm me.
 
hello,
what do you mean what kind of arm i have?
my keyboard is in the front of my two monitors, so i don't really have to turn my head,
i just roll my eyes from 1 screen to the other,

i don't know if thats what your asking, if not, feel free to pm me.
I think he's asking about the monitor stand. ;)
 
I think he's asking about the monitor stand. ;)

Yeah, that's what I was referring to.

I thought they were called "arms" or "monitor arms".

And I do see your keyboard placement, but for my gaming needs, it's 10x better with my keyboard and the level at which it rests on the keyboard tray, rather than on top of the desk.

I need to try and find out if my HP monitors can be taken off their stands...
 
I don't have an LCD setup but i have an LED setup:

Apple 24" LED Cinema Display is the first LED display for computers on the market today and it's only Apple compatible. The thing is entirely made from a solid piece of aluminum. It has a built-in camera, microphone, and speaker system. Consume lesser energy then LCDs. And 16.7 million colors.

Get taken in by the Apple Store sales people much? You have an LED backlit LCD screen. And it is certainly not the first of its kind. LED backlit monitors have been used since 2004. Hell, you can even get the technology in a cheapy $200 TN Dell, not to mention a slew of notebooks.
 
I don't have an LCD setup but i have an LED setup:

Apple 24" LED Cinema Display is the first LED display for computers on the market today and it's only Apple compatible. The thing is entirely made from a solid piece of aluminum. It has a built-in camera, microphone, and speaker system. Consume lesser energy then LCDs. And 16.7 million colors.
Very sexy! I've got one of those laptop stands on order... now I need to get one for my iPhone!!
 
Get taken in by the Apple Store sales people much? You have an LED backlit LCD screen. And it is certainly not the first of its kind. LED backlit monitors have been used since 2004. Hell, you can even get the technology in a cheapy $200 TN Dell, not to mention a slew of notebooks.
Those comparing LED ACD to inferior, cheaper Dell/HP monitors: You might want to double check the specs.

First, those comparing it to cheap TN based panels: Forget it. This monitor is leagues above those. For an immediate comparison, go to an Apple Store and look at this LED monitor, then turn around and look at a 22" iMac screen (TN based). The difference in image quality is startling.

PVA panels, that's a much closer comparison. However, PVA panels (the Dell 24" is infamous for this) typically suffer from mild output lag, which makes them less desirable for gaming. An HP monitor I tried (LP2275W) had so much output lag that I noticed it even on basic mouse movements. I tested the Apple LED and noticed no output lag - in Quake 3, the ultimate litmus test.

Also, 14 ms response is fairly typical for an IPS panel. Comparing response times between panel types is tricky and not as clear-cut as you would think. That said, I noticed no ghosting or blurring in my gaming tests on the Apple LED.

Try to find another output lag free IPS monitor with LED backlighting made with aluminum & glass, integrated camera, mic and speakers, MagSafe charger, three USB ports and Mini DisplayPort for $900.
Very sexy! I've got one of those laptop stands on order... now I need to get one for my iPhone!!
Thanks :D

For the iPhone, it's called the xStand and the laptop the mStand.
The xStand can be found here: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/05/x-stand-makes-i
Far better chair . :)
I love my chair.
there he got a new chair, now everybody can stop bitching and crying. btw, that chair does make ur whole setup look a lot better! :D
I should have done before.
 
Your point is what? You said the ACD was the only LED monitor, it is not. LED and picture quality are two seperate topics. If you want to compare high end to high end, Samsung and NEC have been making higher end, professional LED backlit monitors since 2004 and 2007 respectively as well. Anyways whatever, enough about this, back on topic.
 
Those comparing LED ACD to inferior, cheaper Dell/HP monitors: You might want to double check the specs.

First, those comparing it to cheap TN based panels: Forget it. This monitor is leagues above those. For an immediate comparison, go to an Apple Store and look at this LED monitor, then turn around and look at a 22" iMac screen (TN based). The difference in image quality is startling.

PVA panels, that's a much closer comparison. However, PVA panels (the Dell 24" is infamous for this) typically suffer from mild output lag, which makes them less desirable for gaming. An HP monitor I tried (LP2275W) had so much output lag that I noticed it even on basic mouse movements. I tested the Apple LED and noticed no output lag - in Quake 3, the ultimate litmus test.

Also, 14 ms response is fairly typical for an IPS panel. Comparing response times between panel types is tricky and not as clear-cut as you would think. That said, I noticed no ghosting or blurring in my gaming tests on the Apple LED.

Try to find another output lag free IPS monitor with LED backlighting made with aluminum & glass, integrated camera, mic and speakers, MagSafe charger, three USB ports and Mini DisplayPort for $900.Thanks :D

For the iPhone, it's called the xStand and the laptop the mStand.
The xStand can be found here: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/05/x-stand-makes-iI love my chair.I should have done before.

Magsafe charger = moot point
mini display port = I'll pass
integrated speakers = crappy
led backlit lcd = like
ips panel = like
integrated camera = like
integrated speaker = ok
height adjustment = no
screen rotation = no

As an owner of a 30" ACD, the top 3 features don't amount for crap. Please go back to the apple store and learn tomorrow's talking points.
 
Back
Top