Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

does anyone know where to buy that desk kniff is using?

It's from Ikea. The desk looks like http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S39837013 although it's hard to tell from those pictures. It might be one of the shorter models.

Edit: Actually, after giving it a second look, I'm pretty sure the tabletop of the galant isn't nearly that thick, so I'm not sure exactly which desk it is.

The cover on the desk is http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30129964
 
Okay, after trying quite a few monitors, I settled on an LG 1080P 32" (32LG70). So far, I've tried 4 LCD's ranging in size (even gateway's magic 30") and specs. This monitor has the right (IMO) mix of specs. I wanted to use two monitors, one in portrait and the other landscape. I love the advantages of having this setup versus my old 37" Westy that I still love, though couldn't give me the split screen options needed for what I want to do.

img0236zmo3.jpg
 
lol next time will do or change resolution of the images I uploaded to photobucket.
 
Been through all 600+ pages of this thread and thought it was time to post a couple of pics of my home office...

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg
 
[H]adouken;1033737721 said:
Oh gawd another case of giant arms I see.


OR. . . . the keyboard is pushed back for gaming and the Belkin N52te is pushed aside when using the keyboard (which is then pulled to the front)
 
OR. . . . the keyboard is pushed back for gaming and the Belkin N52te is pushed aside when using the keyboard (which is then pulled to the front)
Yes...I'm a gamer so the positioning works great for me and I can always move the keyboard up for non-gaming task.
 
THAT is one gorgeous setup Prolifik! Very nice. I'm especially partial to the black Ikea Galant as I'm looking at one myself. Clean and simple, looks great!
 
THAT is one gorgeous setup Prolifik! Very nice. I'm especially partial to the black Ikea Galant as I'm looking at one myself. Clean and simple, looks great!

thank you...
side note, the computer holder on the side is Ikea also, it couldn't have worked any better for my computer...it's like it was made for it.
 
THAT is one gorgeous setup Prolifik! Very nice. I'm especially partial to the black Ikea Galant as I'm looking at one myself. Clean and simple, looks great!
+1, nice setup Prolifik. That black Galant is nice. I made my desk, going to sand it sometime & spray it to darken the wood a bit. I like my tables or desks to be able to hold alot of weight, so I build them sturdy. Like my TV stand I made from 3x4's. :D
Thank you both.......Like most I've just been doing this long enough parts start to stack up........By the way, comparisons are all relative. There are rigs on these forums that put mine to shame. I've been blessed, I won't deny that, but honestly I never thought I'd be "here", so never say never. :)
I hear ya Frrak. My PC is fast enough for me :). Recently changed ram from 2x1gb Ballistix 800mhz ;). 4 or 5 months ago when I had the 8800gts & ep35-ds3l my PC was caseless for a while. Now the only thing(s) I'm working to get is a new/bigger HDD &/or a 22"+ LCD, 19" is a waste since I have a NEC w/ trinitron tube(ftw), secondary is a 17" Sony SDM-hs57p. I'm not doing any upgrades for a month or more, but I'm working, keeping up w/ bills etc.
I actually also have an Antec 300 (boxed up until I paint the interior). Was a good deal so I got two, one for someone else.

Edit: wow 13684 posts in one thread.
 
prolifik is that gamepad thing next to your mouse good for gaming like FPS and stuff?
 
Been through all 600+ pages of this thread and thought it was time to post a couple of pics of my home office...

[IG]http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt150/Obzeet/comp%20room/IMG_0583.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt150/Obzeet/comp%20room/IMG_0545.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt150/Obzeet/comp%20room/IMG_0586.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt150/Obzeet/comp%20room/IMG_0576.jpg[/IMG]

where can i find the lamps that you have on the table? :confused:
 
does anyone know where to buy that desk kniff is using?

Heya, sorry for not replying to your PM earlier, but here goes.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60117016 This is the tabletop, black ofc.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70105292 Choose what color you'd like.

the backside that also works as a holder for my PC and as a second tabletop is a black http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00102145 with adjustable legs on it :)

Cheap indeed, but works out great for me.
 
The cat I'm sorry to say passed away just over a month ago :( I just can't bring myself to put all of her stuff away just yet.

The lamps are from believe it or not home depot and they are touch with 3 different light levels.

the chair is a "HON" and I think it came from offiice depot...I've had it for at least 2 years and love it.

And yes I used the wire managers from Ikea, 3 total and they are all screwed in near the rear of the desk and the run the entire length of the desk. the wire managers are perfect for this desk and make wire management so easy.

thanks for all the remarks
prolifik
 
Been through all 600+ pages of this thread and thought it was time to post a couple of pics of my home office...

IMG_0576.jpg

Can you please elaborate on your set-up. I can identify the Gallant desk used, but regarding the additional cabinetry and shelving behind, are they Ikea as well? I am in the process of setting up a home office and would love some pointers.
 
Can you please elaborate on your set-up. I can identify the Gallant desk used, but regarding the additional cabinetry and shelving behind, are they Ikea as well? I am in the process of setting up a home office and would love some pointers.

Yes, the 3 identical bookcases are from Ikea and they are from the Billy line, 2 with glass doors and 1 w/o. I think this is the link...
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29837886

All 6 lights on/in the bookcases are all from Ikea...side note to the lights, I have them all plugged into a power strip behind the bookcases and I have that power strip on a remote control(it's hanging on one the glass door handles). the remote is similar to one you would use for christmas lights. makes turning on 6 lights easy.
The picture shelf above my desk is from West Elm.
The leather piece is from Target and it stores my Logitech wheel and pedals as well as other misc computer stuff, another great addition to my room to hide periphials.
 
1235149293902.jpg



Just got this today from walmart. I like so far waiting to get a hdmi cable so I can stop using vga :(

Didn't come with not 1 hookup cable kinda disappointing.
 
does the adjustable legs come standard? or is that something you modified?

Heya, sorry for not replying to your PM earlier, but here goes.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60117016 This is the tabletop, black ofc.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70105292 Choose what color you'd like.

the backside that also works as a holder for my PC and as a second tabletop is a black http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00102145 with adjustable legs on it :)

Cheap indeed, but works out great for me.
 
Hey prolifik,

Can you post a few pics under your desk? I want to get an idea of the cable management. I have the exact same desk, well somewhat!!
 
does the adjustable legs come standard? or is that something you modified?

The adjustable legs for the shelf are adjustable, but i can't seem to find them on the ikea site. Talking metrical, i think they're around 5-15 cm adjustable or something!
 
Hey prolifik,
Can you post a few pics under your desk? I want to get an idea of the cable management. I have the exact same desk, well somewhat!!

Here ya go...btw this is the cable management to the desk in this post http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033737640&postcount=13676

3 shots going from left to right under desk, I'm not very neat with the cables in the trays...guess you don't really need to be.I have a small power strip in one of the trays and if ya need to hide the cable box...

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

prolifik
 
boxes.jpg


PICT7487.jpg


PICT7488.jpg


PICT7489.jpg


This is a temporary setup until I find a computer desk and move the setup to my office and mount my plasma tv... the 28 inchers are extremely bright.. brightness is set to 0 here. I picked up the monitors at tigerdirect.

LCD Monitors: I-Inc iF-281DPB 28" (triple monitor) (HDMI)
Resolution: 3x 1920x1200 and 1x 1366x768 (w/ Nvidia Nview)
Plasma Monitor: Panasonic TH-58PH10UK (1x DVI, 2x HDMI)
Laptop: Asus Aspire One
Keyboard: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard
Mini Keyboard: Logitech diNovo Mini
Console: Xbox 360 Elite (65nm Falcon Chipset)
CPU: Q6600
Video cards: 1x BFG Geforce 9500GT (2 DVI), 2x EVGA Geforce 6200 (1 DVI)
Multiple Monitor Software: UltraMon
Hard Drives: 2x Seagate 1TB
 
desktop.jpg


My computer is [H] but my camera is not... thats the next thing to upgrade :)

DoubleSight 263n (left) and Samsung 226cw (right)
 
Back
Top