Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

actually no, they're pretty craptastic trinitron 19"s. they did to 1600x1200 @ 85 hz though, which was great for gaming.

Cleaned up desk and got a qck heavy

l3.jpg

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new desktop chair. I've heard that the aeron chairs are great. I'm just wondering from owners if they are as comfortable as people make them out to be.

I have the above chair at work. IMO i dont like it. Though i might readjust my opinion if i had a high back with a head rest on it.

I have the above chair at work. IMO i dont like it. Though i might readjust my opinion if i had a high back with a head rest on it.

I would somewhat agree with the above statement, I have one at home. It would be great with a headrest. You might look into a Steel Case chair with that feature.

Aside from that feature which isn't on any Herman Miller office chair, it's a pretty good chair. Make sure to get the posture fit lumber support if you need lumbar support. Below is another of Herman Millers chair, Mirra Chair.

dsc14891280bv7.jpg

I would somewhat agree with the above statement, I have one at home. It would be great with a headrest. You might look into a Steel Case chair with that feature.

Aside from that feature which isn't on any Herman Miller office chair, it's a pretty good chair. Make sure to get the posture fit lumber support if you need lumbar support. Below is another of Herman Millers chair, Mirra Chair.
EXE: What's that Viewsonic monitor on your desk? It looks like one of those slim-tube CRTs. Very nice!

Dang guys, I'm impressed you all got it right. It is the VP2290b driven by my core singlo (Pentium M) Dell 9300 laptop lol.

Nice Setups! I need some help here... I just upgraded my samsung syncmaster 226bw monitor to a 32 inch hdtv (samsung 32lna550) (planning to put pictures up when i get a chance). i would like to watch hd cable on it. I already have a comcast hd cable box upstairs hooked up to another tv upstairs. Can i split the coax cable, one routed to the hd cable box and another to directly to my tv and watch hd channels? Help please :confused:

^ the coax won't give you HD, that's what the comcast box will give you. your samsung tv should be able to search for free over-the-air HD broadcast channels. or you can call comcast and get another box.

^ the coax won't give you HD, that's what the comcast box will give you. your samsung tv should be able to search for free over-the-air HD broadcast channels. or you can call comcast and get another box.

i see. thank you

So I posted my room earlier this year and looking at the pictures of it made me realize just how much of a mess the place was. The paint was chipping off the walls, there were holes in the drywall, and my ugly blue carpet had met its match.

Work has been slow so I decided to give myself a project and update this dump. I'm pretty happy with the result so far.. I still have a few things things left to do (build shelves of some sort to get rid of my old DVD stand-thing, zip tie up the wires under the desk that I will surely be beaten for, etc).

General desk area:
desk1-rXcOX.jpg

Little closer:
desk3-u0THP.jpg

desk4-YDagi.jpg

Tried my hand at making some shelves:
desk2-EJYlw.jpg

Had a real screen for awhile, got rid of it in favor for some fancy kind of paint they all seem to like over at AVSForum:
desk6-Ha5GU.jpg

Something to sit in (I promise you, this thing doesn't look THIS hideous in person, not sure what the deal is with it here. I can't lie though, I was limited on choices since my door is 24".)
desk7-c6YSc.jpg

Hope you guys like it. :D

So I posted my room earlier this year and looking at the pictures of it made me realize just how much of a mess the place was. The paint was chipping off the walls, there were holes in the drywall, and my ugly blue carpet had met its match.

Work has been slow so I decided to give myself a project and update this dump. I'm pretty happy with the result so far.. I still have a few things things left to do (build shelves of some sort to get rid of my old DVD stand-thing, zip tie up the wires under the desk that I will surely be beaten for, etc).

General desk area:
desk1-rXcOX.jpg

Little closer:
desk3-u0THP.jpg

desk4-YDagi.jpg

Tried my hand at making some shelves:
desk2-EJYlw.jpg

Had a real screen for awhile, got rid of it in favor for some fancy kind of paint they all seem to like over at AVSForum:
desk6-Ha5GU.jpg

Something to sit in (I promise you, this thing doesn't look THIS hideous in person, not sure what the deal is with it here. I can't lie though, I was limited on choices since my door is 24".)
desk7-c6YSc.jpg

Hope you guys like it. :D

Very nice.

That looks amazing thespillcanvas! That would be awesome to have your own theater setup in your room. Pics with a movie playing in HD would be great. :) Oh, and it's a drastic (and much better) change for the room.

That looks amazing thespillcanvas! That would be awesome to have your own theater setup in your room. Pics with a movie playing in HD would be great. :) Oh, and it's a drastic (and much better) change for the room.

Thanks! I tried to get a shot of it running, but I'm clueless with this camera and every pic came out a blurry mess. D:

There are a ton of really well taken screens of the model I have here, here and here.

wow.... do you usually play 360/ps3 on your lcd or your projector?

Either or, mostly the projector for everything except online games.

thespillcanvas,

Really good work, very clean !
One question.. it´s your bed ?.. to see a movie, for example, is that confortable to see the wall ?

Nice desk and the support to the projector is really good ! :)

thespillcanvas,

Really good work, very clean !
One question.. it´s your bed ?.. to see a movie, for example, is that confortable to see the wall ?

Nice desk and the support to the projector is really good ! :)

I think that is why he has the 2 person couch.. could be wrong though...

I've finally settled into my new system. LCDs are Dell 3007 primary with 52" Toshiba Regza secondary. Regza is doing 1920x1080 perfectly over HDMI.

master-shot.jpg

The Regza has become my gaming display. It's got a response time of 8ms by default, which goes down to 5ms if you switch to "game mode." I don't see much of a difference in the response to be honest. Since my Dell 3007 is 11ms and I have been happily using it for almost 3 years, I'm really impressed with the Regza for gaming. There's no ghosting whatsoever, colours and detail are incredible.

The 52" is about 5.5 feet from my eyes. My eyes line up with the bottom of the screen. The screen has a slight downward tilt. I'm brainstorming ways to get the height of the Regza down a bit with the same vertically stacked configuration. I think the solution is to change my desk so that the Dell 3007 sits down a bit lower. I'll probably modify my desk Dremel style to have a lower shelf for the monitor to sit on.

left-case-open.jpg

The Regza only cost me $1600! The way I look at it, I was already shopping for a secondary display. Had been considering another 3007 or a 3008, but then I would still have been watching movies on a 30 inch display. What's more, earlier this year I got really annoyed with going to the movies. At my peak a few years ago, I was going to two movies per week on average. Usually alone because for me it was all about the movie itself, and the popcorn. I'd spend about $30 per trip on average. In 2007 I saw about 40 movies, so that's $1200. After the movie theatre screwed up my screening of Dark Knight, I decided to stop paying so much to see a movie one time and get some home theatre going. The next time I plan to go to the movies is for Avatar. So I think this is really the optimal purchase when you consider how much I love movies and games. Not to mention it's coming in pretty handy for my work.

I originally bought the 46" inch Sharp Aquos for that price and then returned it after a week for this panel at the exact same price. Believe it or not the Regza is a far superior panel in my opinion. Much deeper and more varied black levels, and the colours are more evenly saturated and luminous. My Aquos had reds that bled all over the place and I couldn't get rid of it with the menus. Every pixel is perfect on the Regza and the contrast is more uniformly impressive than the Aquos. As a PC display it's far superior. Text didn't look very good on the Aquos. The Aquos had terrible response feel compared to the Regza.

The picture is beautiful with Blu-ray. Have watched 2001, Blade Runner, Speed Racer, Road Warrior, etc. on Blu-ray and I'm very happy to have made the move into HD home theatre. I did the standard calibration for my viewing environment. Not gonna bother with the service panel calibration as I don't want to void the warranty. I bought an extended 4 year replacement warranty so I'm not too worried about anything going wrong.

media-cabinet.jpg

I have a few different Catalyst profiles to switch the displays around for various uses. All the profiles have vertical alignment of the desktops. A second display makes it so easy to track temps and processor activity, not to mention keeping an eye on e-mails, etc.

1. Vertical Production on Two screens. Dell 3007 primary at 2560x1600. Regza 52" secondary at 1920x1080. GPU fan 40%

2. Gaming. Regza 52" primary at 1920x1080. Dell 3007 secondary at 2560x1600. GPU fan 50%

3. Blu-ray. Top screen primary at 1920x1080. Bottom screen secondary at 1920x1080. GPU fan 33%

cosmos-guts.jpg

543watts.jpg

ghetto-stand.jpg

More info here

Back