Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

IMG_0118s.JPG

IMG_0119s.JPG

Excuse the mess, my living arrangements are temporary. You guys would probably have a heart attack looking at my "cable management" implementation. :p I've been slowly accumulating monitors and now I have too much monitor and too little desk, hence the DELL box. Once I graduate this fall and have some real money I'll be able to justify $300 monitor stands and desks that cost more than $30. I've been licking my lips looking at that 20/30/20 setup with the ergotron mount.

Dude your right monitor is standing on a cardboard box!!:eek:

9.jpg

Where does the cord of the mouse go? the keyboard? or is there a hole in the middle of your desk?

jamesg990

you have the apple mouse, people say all bad things about it. what do you think about the mouse?

jamesg990
you have the apple mouse, people say all bad things about it. what do you think about the mouse?

It's rubbish in lots of ways. Most notably, you can't click left and right buttons at the same time, and you can't click right without lifting your finger off the left. Other than that, it's very nice to use and I prefer the ball to a scroll wheel.

As you know Bill Gates is retiring to pursue his philanthropic interests. In memory of his geekness, I thought it would be fun to post his workspace setup evolution from 1982 to 2008.

billgatesclassicpp0.jpg

billgatesofficecs3.jpg
i thought you said 1982 to 2008??? thats just 1982 & 2008 I hate you!!! :mad:

The picture which djfreex posted up as Bill Gates' 2008 setup is incorrect, that's a picture taken in 2006. In a recent documentary he takes you into his office at Microsoft in which this is his setup:

billgatesoffice.jpg

The picture which djfreex posted up as Bill Gates' 2008 setup is incorrect, that's a picture taken in 2006. In a recent documentary he takes you into his office at Microsoft in which this is his setup:

billgatesoffice.jpg

The picture on the left looks like he is looking at blank monitors (unless he has an LCD with poor viewing angles) while the middle display in the picture on the right looks like he is viewing google maps.

The picture on the left looks like he is looking at blank monitors (unless he has an LCD with poor viewing angles) while the middle display in the picture on the right looks like he is viewing google maps.

Privacy screen or edited out.

I am not entirely sure why, but that looks exceptionally cool.

Hey my beer matches your desktop background! Sweeet!

I'm new and this is my first post so please be gentle. :D

Here's my current setup, just moved into my office and trying to find a U or L shaped desk I like thats not way expensive.

2627792120_ebaf3e26ff.jpg

3 x 22" Dell E228WFP's

2627793092_9d6205261a.jpg

2627792784_0c4058ab7f.jpg

2626974977_2186a13244.jpg

2627794800_b538664f7c.jpg

I'm new and this is my first post so please be gentle. :D

Here's my current setup, just moved into my office and trying to find a U or L shaped desk I like thats not way expensive.

[]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3161/2627792120_ebaf3e26ff.jpg

3 x 22" Dell E228WFP's

[]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3187/2627793092_9d6205261a.jpg[/]

[]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3150/2627792784_0c4058ab7f.jpg[/]

[]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3116/2626974977_2186a13244.jpg[/]

[]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3122/2627794800_b538664f7c.jpg[/]

looks like you came to the right place, you'll fit in just fine

nice setup, i like it

^^^ Agreed looks nice. What kind of speakers u running there....?
Thx

Thanks guys, the speakers are just some old Altec Lansing 251's. When I get the new desk I plan on popping for the 5500's as well.

IMG_0119s.JPG

Excuse the mess, my living arrangements are temporary. You guys would probably have a heart attack looking at my "cable management" implementation. :p I've been slowly accumulating monitors and now I have too much monitor and too little desk, hence the DELL box. Once I graduate this fall and have some real money I'll be able to justify $300 monitor stands and desks that cost more than $30. I've been licking my lips looking at that 20/30/20 setup with the ergotron mount.

is that boondock saints I smell?

is that boondock saints I smell?

if you're talking about the movie on the 2nd screen then that looks like The Fifth Element

edit: oops, if I had looked at the next page then I would have seen that it was already answered twice :eek:

Boondock Saints 2 is in production as we speak..woot!

Anyone ever see the doc they filmed about how that movie almost never got filmed and what a big headed goof the director is? It's great.

Boondock Saints 2 is in production as we speak..woot!

Anyone ever see the doc they filmed about how that movie almost never got filmed and what a big headed goof the director is? It's great.

thats a rumor that has been circulating since the original became really popular a few years back. I doubt there is any real truth to it, or atleast to the best of my knowledge and research I havent found anything credible.

i know it was a rumor, however it hit the blog sites with other info a few months back (feb?).

Back