Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

I love having it. I picked it up on a best buy boxing day sale for $329+tax so it was by far cheaper than the other option I was looking at (benq 24")

Doesn't have a standalone DVI input so i'm waiting on the adapter to go DVI->HDMI, then I use the VGA for my 360 and the component for my ps2/psp (it actually has quite the decent scaler in it especially compared to VGA boxes I used in the past.

As far as the stand goes, it just clicks into it so I imagine taking it off is easy enough.

Thanks for the input. If I don't go that route I might just get a second 32" westinghouse TV. Their customer service people were pretty helpful by the way.

These are my two beauties! :D:D:D

DSCN0417.JPG

DSCN0418.JPG

Sorry about the crappy pictures. I can get better ones later when I actually have a nice desk and care about my setup.

Here's my week old Westy....loving it, so does my 8yr old :cool:

7xingh5.jpg

And the nuttiness when I was unpacking it, excuse my mess....check out how big it is compared to the 19" widescreen and 19" regular on the bed close to it....

6o2a4nl.jpg

i think it would be better to SHOW what monitor you have instead of the desktop pictures....

[snip]
And the nuttiness when I was unpacking it, excuse my mess....check out how big it is compared to the 19" widescreen and 19" regular on the bed close to it....
[snip]

yeah - when I set mine up the first time I was blown away how much bigger it was than my 24".. and my wife.. lol. she nearly shit twice and died when she saw it..

but it's so nice... gaming on that lcd is just a joy.. sublime.. jubilant! :D

yeah - when I set mine up the first time I was blown away how much bigger it was than my 24".. and my wife.. lol. she nearly shit twice and died when she saw it..

but it's so nice... gaming on that lcd is just a joy.. sublime.. jubilant! :D

Amen to that, my wife was like "wtf do you need that big of a monitor for?" :rolleyes::p Even I was surprised how much larger than the 24" this beast is....pictures just don't do it justice.

What are those speakers?!

Absolutely gorgeous. I suppose it goes to show how much of an aesthetic effect wireless equipment can truly have.

on the other hand, its hard not to key log wireless keyboards. Each stroke is XOR'd with an 8 bit key... thats it. a few minutes of data with the person typing at 60words/min and a couple minutes on a core 2 is enough to crack that.

Nope, no wireless keyboard for me until they get it secure, rindal or des3 plz.

Finally got around to getting some pics of the x-mas present. Im a terrible photographer i know.

Its a samsung 32", looks fricken amazing through my pc, even though its 720p, 360 and movies look amazing.

P1010032.jpg

Upclose image.

P1010029.jpg

From my bed dark

P1010030.jpg

From my bed light

These were taken at 7 am. Yes i know i have a jungle but i move my stuff around tomuch to warrant advanced wire management. Normally my OCD would force me to wire manage, but my hatred for working with wires constantly makes me not do it.

Very nice setup ThatsAgood1jay, Have you used the viewsonic monitor with the 360? If so,
how is it compared to the samsung?

OT: Is there some story behind your giant old texas flag?

Truth be told i cant tell much of a difference between the Samsung and the Viewsonic. They both run the 360 at the same resolution, but through the Samsung i can run a higher "Dynamic Level" (according to the Xbox) than i can on the Viewsonic. They look about the same, just the blacks are alittle blacker on the Samsung. and of course its bigger on the samsung :p

the Texas flag doesent really have an interesting story. I'm a boy scout and one night at a meeting they were preparing that flag to be burned. And i looked at it and said "nahh this thing hasent seen its last days" so i took it home and hung it up. I didint dare try and wash it or it would come apart. So there it hangs, It really makes my room, when ever i take it down to move it to a new wall it feels like im in a cave.

Plus it makes a good backdrop to my monitor.

well heres my new setup and idk if it qualifies as an LCD but its too awesome not to show it

P.S This Setup is only a Preview of my setup by the end of this year...

thats the curved alienware display. they showed it at CES and it is supposed to be out by the end of the year i think. there was no price or release date set yet. It runs at 2880x900, which means they put 2 19in widescreens in one body. i'm not impressed to be honest.

thats the curved alienware display. they showed it at CES and it is supposed to be out by the end of the year i think. there was no price or release date set yet. It runs at 2880x900, which means they put 2 19in widescreens in one body. i'm not impressed to be honest.

No, that is not what it is.
It uses DLP projection technology (OMG luuk up teh DLP on teh w1k1 (digital light projection)), and uses LED light for the lighting. Nothing new, Samsung has had LED DLP displays for almost 2 years now.

It is NOT 2 LCDs.

No, that is not what it is.
It uses DLP projection technology (OMG luuk up teh DLP on teh w1k1 (digital light projection)), and uses LED light for the lighting. Nothing new, Samsung has had LED DLP displays for almost 2 years now.

It is NOT 2 LCDs.

Yep. Just to add, it's actually four projected screens overlapping each other, each one with an approximate resolution of 720x900. That's why many previews were complaining about the bars between the sections being very apparent.

well heres my new setup and idk if it qualifies as an LCD but its too awesome not to show it

P.S This Setup is only a Preview of my setup by the end of this year...
it looks like joke, LCD cant be crooked. the possible way to do this effect is picture creation with projector

Very nice setup ThatsAgood1jay, Have you used the viewsonic monitor with the 360? If so,
how is it compared to the samsung?

OT: Is there some story behind your giant old texas flag?

Oh I know, he must be from Texas. :p

That is the Alienware curved gaming display. NEC also has the same unit coming out the NEC Ostendo CRVD-42DWX+ panoramic monitor. both are using DLP technology this is not a LCD. Both was shown at CES and is not available yet. and no pricing as well.

As it looks I bet that the same ODM made each display.

alienware.jpg

ostendo_accion.jpg

I've posted my set-up before, but I've since cleaned it up a bit and it now looks as good as it's going to get.

This monitor is currently my PC monitor, 360 display, HD DVD/ Blu Ray display, and HDTV. lol, it does it all. I have a ps3 too, but it's not pictured (it's in my living room hooked up to a cheapy TV...not worth taking a picture of.) I plan on getting a proper HDTV in the coming months. I already have the money, but the tv I want isn't out yet. I need a back-lit 1080p LCD with 120 hertz refresh rate. There were some displays announced during CES thatt have all the things I'm looking for in a display; again, though, they're not out yet. Later this year hopefully.
IMG_1891.jpg

This is the HDTV tuner I use for my monitor. It's hooked up through HDMI. wo0t! (edit: I just realized I took a pic of this while it was hooked up through component, lol. It's hooked up through HDMI now though.)
IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

Back