Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

I'm just about finished moving into my new room. There are still some boxes laying around, but it's mostly setup. Enjoy.

P8280093%20%28Large%29.JPG

The rest of the pictures (as well as non-resized versions of the above) can be found here.

theres alot of nice audio equipment there to be plugging into insignias.

theres alot of nice audio equipment there to be plugging into insignias.

Yeah, I'm in the process of auditioning some nicer speakers. I still need to listen to a pair of AV123 x-ls and some Ascend C-170s. Really, though, I'm more of a headphone guy than a speaker guy...

I see you're still holding onto the hope that sony ericsson will some day release a true predecessor to the t616. i held out for 4 years, still nothing but crappy thick swivel phones and cameras/mp3 players/fm radio??? (T250a) (which never seem to materialize in the united states) parading as cellphones.

Liekomg do you know where can i get a keyboard like yours?

Its the black version of the Apple Pro Keyboard. It shipped with most Macs back around 2000-2002 or so, after which they changed to a white version of the Apple Pro Keyboard. If you plan on buying one, make sure its the PRO version, and not just the "Apple Keyboard" which later shipped around 2004-2007, which looks and feels a lot worse, IMO. You can pick one up off of ebay for sure. Not sure where to get one used though. Perhaps some Apple resellers have some old stock?

I see you're still holding onto the hope that sony ericsson will some day release a true predecessor to the t616. i held out for 4 years, still nothing but crappy thick swivel phones and cameras/mp3 players/fm radio??? (T250a) (which never seem to materialize in the united states) parading as cellphones.

Thats actually not my phone anymore, as I recently changed it. I was considering picking up a K750i though. I may still do it.

Now, that's what I call maximum utilization of desk space, Yang88she!!

That Alienware is pure sex appeal!!

Now, that's what I call maximum utilization of desk space, Yang88she!!

That Alienware is pure sex appeal!!

haha thanks wolf!

yeah this is my temporary office, until "our" new townhouse if finished

(thanks to my mother-in-law for the nice dining room table =P)

My Home Office
p83630441-5.jpg

My Dual HP LP3065's
p286567667-5.jpg

My 2405fpw for my other workstation
p511048255-5.jpg

My Dual NEC 18's for Monitoring my Linux Servers
p21268864-5.jpg

Shot in the Dark with everything running
p282167834-5.jpg

dude your pics are like warped or something ;) lol

nice pics though. u gonna sell your old 2 monitors that are on one of the top shelves? :)

dude your pics are like warped or something ;) lol

nice pics though. u gonna sell your old 2 monitors that are on one of the top shelves? :)

lol, thanks man..

Some of the shots were taken @ 10mm, and at the angle I took them, they'll show a little distortion.

About those 2 monitors, they're only 15's, so theres really not much you can do with them.

A few crappy pics of my system. :D

(I did NOT clean up for the pics..)
(And before anyone asks, the green thingy is my phonechair. I took the photos with my SE K800i phone)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Just built this system last week. Here it is in all its glory...
I have that Digi-Pad!! hehe it rules
Right?? I still have that phone, even though I don't use it anymore. It was the best!!

My Home Office
p83630441-5.jpg

My Dual HP LP3065's
p286567667-5.jpg

p511048255-5.jpg

p21268864-5.jpg

p282167834-5.jpg

OMG will u adopt me?!

and as for the dual 15's ill take em off ur hands just send em my way...

My Home Office
p83630441-5.jpg

My Dual HP LP3065's
p286567667-5.jpg

p511048255-5.jpg

p21268864-5.jpg

p282167834-5.jpg

I look at my single, 19", LCD 5:4 monitor, and I feel empty inside. You have a nicer setup monitoring your linux servers than I do for anything else ;)

Actually, all of the setups here are really nice. I'd post mine but I'm pretty far from [H]ard. Being a college student, I have my 1 TN panel monitor I bought at CC for $250 I mooched off my parents for because my CRT totally died. I tried out a Samsung 226BW, but I couldn't get used to the huge resolution (my eyes aren't too great), the huge size, or even the widescreen aspect. No, I craved the familiarity of a 19" 5:4 LCD, even if it did cost a good $40 more than the widescreen version. I think I have to do one major change at a time, and CRT->LCD was it.

As soon as I get out of college or a get a "real" job somewhere, I think the first thing I'm doing is trying to achieve the sheer amount of l33tness as the pictures above. Or heck, a couple of 24" would be nice. By the time I can afford anything like this though, OLEDs will have totally dominated LCD's (Don't worry, I am aware that's years away :D)

any 1 know where i can buy a shelve like this with in the uk please?

6bc8p5g.jpg

thanks for any help

gratz if it is real stone/tile but I believe it is just normal tiles and not stone they are just made to look like stone.

Here is my setup. Not the best pics of course... but from left to right, you've got a Dell 2007FP, 2005FPW, 2005FPW, 1905FP, 1905FP, 2405FP, and a 1905FP. The tables... just some cheap 6ft folding tables I picked up at office depot. :) They'll be replaced as soon as I can afford to replace them with something descent. Everything I've seen that I want is rather expensive. :(

room1.jpg

These 3 docks have an XPS M1710, D400, and D610. I have a few other notebooks, so I'll occassionaly swap them out depending on what I want to do.
room2.jpg

The system in the corner w/ the 19" FP is actually a GX620 w/ Win2k3 Server; it's just got some remote video surveilance s/w running on it. Figure it might as well do something useful!
room3.jpg

Any the triple display workstation setup. Just a trusty 'ol Optiplex GX280. Perfect for any non-gaming venture.
room4.jpg

why do you have like 30 lcd's and the same amount of old dells powering them?

Well, they're not that old. The Optiplex GX620, XPS M1710, D620... all fairly new. But depending on what they do, they don't really have to be the latest and greatest.

Basically - they're for multi-tasking. Some just download stuff all day, another it used for music, one for car diagnostics, another for video surveillance, gaming, web surfing/e-mail/forums, etc. Then off-screen is a "guest system" for friends to use, a notebook next to the bed, an old Optiplex GX1 that handles my dvd collection, and the XPS 600 media center puter on a 61' Samsung DLP (1080p).

I know it seems like a lot, but I've just been buying this stuff for many years (and some great deals, BTW). Besides, old systems can still serve a purpose. Obviously, I've never been into KVM's and I just prefer separate screens/workstations setup. :cool:

omegafiler, i bet it gets pretty warm in that room with all those LCDs and computers running.

Back