Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Shots updated about 5 posts down

fivehx4.jpg

Now I need some LCD arms :cool:

those are the special edition cases of splinter cell chaos theory. I put money down on it for a guaranteed copy when it came out. The one on the right is extra thick and was on display at the store. When they came in stock the manufacturer had decided to use a slimmer case which is the one on the right. Since I put money down on it, they gave me the extra thick display case as well as the thin retail one. Here is a pic of the back of them.
001.jpg

compsetup.jpg

Samsung 710T
Viewsonic VX2025WM
Inspiron 2600 series 14" used as IM/Skype machine
-- Tied into mouse/keyboard via Synergy (so no input lag like there are with most KVMs)
-- one mouse button toggles between the computers
-- both are hooked up to the same sound system, as is the external tv tuner (used through USB and vga on the 710T)

This is all done so I can, watch TV, IM and play games at the same time without the need to alt-tab or anything like that.

J-M-E - love it. nice razer selections
BombermanX - that the klipsch 2.1? I have the same set, makes the walls shake

Of course we don't mind!

Looks awesome!

I'm jealous of how your lighting works out.

J-M-E, what ds case do you have? It looks very slick (as well as your whole setup ;) )

The case is a Lian Li PC73-SL That I got modified by wahoocomputers.com (simple windows cutout, fan blowholes on top, and custom engraving and airbrushing)

what speakers are those ?

The front speakers are a pair of JBL S38II
The rears are Polk R15's
The center is a center channel from a set of HSU Ventriloquists which I need to upgrade, but it does fine for now.

And the sub is an SVS PB10-ISD

Here you go, I would like to get another Dell 30" to match for the ultimate desktop.

digitalcaveay0.jpg

The Rig for anyone interested in seeing dual 8800 GTX's in SLi
xasersli017tp8.jpg

DC

Here you go, I would like to get another Dell 30" to match for the ultimate desktop.

digitalcaveay0.jpg

The Rig for anyone interested in seeing dual 8800 GTX's in SLi
xasersli017tp8.jpg

DC
hey caveman...when u fire that thing up...do the lights in the neighborhood dim? :)
impressive box to say the least...you have some nice hardware in it

Thanks guys, yes the lights do dim when I hit the power button lol, the case is a Xaser III by Thermaltake.

Very nice I got it not quite 2 years ago. It is extremely forgiving and has slats to lock in your cards as well as plastic drive covers to slide your drives in. No screws for anything. I had to make a modification to get the GTX's in though. Had to cut some slats out as those cards were so big. But it has plenty of room. Very heavy though, but excellent cooling avenue for fans.

I'm very impressed with the system, Gaming takes on a new meaning with this system, I love it.

DC

i see you grabbed some of that 1337 wc'd OCZ ram. any plans on heading to watercooling soon?

Watercooling is interesting but maybe. My current setup can run over 4.1GHz with water but gaming you won't notice it so I may never do it for that reason.

Well, here is my updated system. I posted several months ago, but since I’ve added two new screens. I’m already planning my next desk, when I grag-ah-mutate here in two months.

129365218-L.jpg

The first system is a Core 2 Duo iMac, 20 inch screen. Would/should have gone for the MacPro, but my major fear was the noise it would make, I also looked at the MacBook Pro, but the low res screen held me off that, and I wanted to get a nice one when I start a PHd program anyway. The screen on the iMac is a new revision 23 inch ACD, produced after they bumped the specs (I checked).

129365153-L.jpg

129365947-L.jpg

129365117-L-1.jpg

This is my old screen, its hooked up to a Fred Flintstone Dell (under the desk) that is absolutely the worst computer I’ve used. I’ve set up the Dell 1907 so that it can take a DVI signal or a KMV-USB split VGA signal. Usually all these wires are for hooking up a laptop. I’ve loaned out my Tablet PC Acer to another student at the moment, so its away from the nest. When its here, I can switch between the two and use the same screen. Since I’m at school, I cannot get an internet connection for my personal computers in my current location (too far from a hotspot)…so I need to do BS like this. I could use my router, and believe me I’ve been tempted to, but its not worth getting the bad rep if computer services found out. When I’ve had to access the NCBI, I’ve been known to go down the hall with my iMac and work sitting on the ground.

129365711-M.jpg

129365874-L.jpg

Oh, and here are my other LCD’s…PSP, 60 GB iPod, and Nintendo DS.

129365980-L.jpg

While we are on the topic, here is why I love S-ISP screens and despise TN’s. The picture does not do the difference justice. The TN is brown and dingy compared to the S-ISP.

129366307-L.jpg

Original

Well, here is my updated system. I posted several months ago, but since I’ve added two new screens. I’m already planning my next desk, when I grag-ah-mutate here in two months.

129365218-L.jpg

The first system is a Core 2 Duo iMac, 20 inch screen. Would/should have gone for the MacPro, but my major fear was the noise it would make, I also looked at the MacBook Pro, but the low res screen held me off that, and I wanted to get a nice one when I start a PHd program anyway. The screen on the iMac is a new revision 23 inch ACD, produced after they bumped the specs (I checked).

129365153-L.jpg

129365947-L.jpg

129365117-L-1.jpg

This is my old screen, its hooked up to a Fred Flintstone Dell (under the desk) that is absolutely the worst computer I’ve used. I’ve set up the Dell 1907 so that it can take a DVI signal or a KMV-USB split VGA signal. Usually all these wires are for hooking up a laptop. I’ve loaned out my Tablet PC Acer to another student at the moment, so its away from the nest. When its here, I can switch between the two and use the same screen. Since I’m at school, I cannot get an internet connection for my personal computers in my current location (too far from a hotspot)…so I need to do BS like this. I could use my router, and believe me I’ve been tempted to, but its not worth getting the bad rep if computer services found out. When I’ve had to access the NCBI, I’ve been known to go down the hall with my iMac and work sitting on the ground.

129365711-M.jpg

129365874-L.jpg

Oh, and here are my other LCD’s…PSP, 60 GB iPod, and Nintendo DS.

129365980-L.jpg

While we are on the topic, here is why I love S-ISP screens and despise TN’s. The picture does not do the difference justice. The TN is brown and dingy compared to the S-ISP.

129366307-L.jpg

Original

Where did you get the desktop with the solider? Sorry if that has been asked before... Sweet setup!!!

I didn't get through all 297 (!!) pages of this thread, but...are DLPs allowed? :)

Planetside (2003, not 1999!)
kahuna2.jpg

Eve
kahuna3.jpg

(Beer bottle highlighted for size in second pic)

Nice monitor. Eizos dont come cheap and this one is probably like $1500. I had an Eizo Flexscan L66 when they first came out (got it for like $3.5k lol). Awesome monitor at the time.

duuuude i know its an old post but...i neeeeeeeeed that jacket!!!!!! where did you get it?

Reproduced the Wolfenstein Logo from a sreenshot in Corel Paint.

Printed (mirrored) on a A4 transfer paper with a simple Epson C64.

Ironed the Logo on a 15 year old 100% cotton Army Look Jacket.

Est, Voila!

From page 271.

This is a buddies system. The Mac and its monitor on the right has been omitted.

021.jpg

He is going to upgrade a few monitors so they all are the same.

022.jpg

His Dell cabinet and print server in the corner.

023.jpg

024.jpg

Back