Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

My laptop front looks like shit
My desk is small
My pc has old stuff LOL
and it's just plain ugly...
Trust me.... My pc station is the ugliest thing I have in my room so don't you think my room is like my setup LOL
2 months from now I HOPE I get some $ to get everything fixed

My ghetto setup...:/

STATION5.jpg

STATION6.jpg

STATION2.jpg

STATION1.jpg

STATION.jpg

STATION3.jpg

STATION4.jpg

Yessy2952, how can you open your CD tray?

KF777, how do you like those 2 TN panels(especially turned in portrait modo) next to the 2407?

A little off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread. How are all of the people selling Dell monitors on ebay? Are they buying them as large businesses or something?

A little off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread. How are all of the people selling Dell monitors on ebay? Are they buying them as large businesses or something?

Probably buying them from the outlet.

I got a new Chimei 22 widescreen monitor the other day from microcenter for $240 :D. Its really nice.

oola019ek5.jpg

and the other LCD in my room is my Sharp 480p Aquos. EDTV is pretty nice but the camera ruins the quality a bit.

mon008gx4.jpg

I made the hole too low :(

mon003zw6.jpg

i have a question in general about placement of rear speakers. i have z-680's and cant figure out where to put my rear speakers. my desk is at one end of the room with a lot of empty space behind me. It seems kind of a stretch to put them all the way at the back of the room...

i have a question in general about placement of rear speakers. i have z-680's and cant figure out where to put my rear speakers. my desk is at one end of the room with a lot of empty space behind me. It seems kind of a stretch to put them all the way at the back of the room...

WTF does this have to do with LCD setups?

what is that little silver cylinder on your desk demonx?

Exactly what Elmntskater1588 said. ;)

how do you like that m221u? how is it compared to other 22" monitors you have seen?

I love it. It's one of the best LCD's I've seen/used, but note that I haven't played around on very many LCD's. This is the first LCD I bought for myself, in fact. Every monitor I owned before this was a good 'ol CRT. I was hesitant to buy it since there are very few reviews out there and also after reading some bad reviews on newegg, but then I guess Asus fixed the issues with the monitor. I don't know if it was just a rumor or not.

But it's a beautiful monitor. 2ms response rate = no ghosting what-so-ever in any game I've tried (HL2, CS: Source, R6: Vegas, Company of Heroes, FEAR, UT2k4), great colors, practically no backlight bleeding, hdcp support, plently of monitor modes (standard, theater, game, night view, scenery) and I find the navigating through the menu is fairly easy now but took a little playing around with to get used to it. The only perfect looking desktop resolution is it's recommended 1680 x 1050, but anything below that is too small, IMO. In games though, any resolution I choose looks good so that's definitely a good thing. I haven't tried the built-in speakers (don't need to), so I can't say what I think about those, but I'm sure they're nothing special.

I had some troubles with FEAR though. Shadows looked really weird on some resolutions, but the game looks good now. Not exactly sure what I did to make it look normal. No biggie though. Maybe it's the custom drivers I use. Every other game looks fine. The overall color quality is a huge improvement from my old 19" Viewsonic p95f+ CRT. I'm sure going from VGA to DVI helped a lot. :p

Overall, I think it's definitely worth the price. :cool:

KF777, how do you like those 2 TN panels(especially turned in portrait modo) next to the 2407?

I didn't know what I was missing until I got the 2407. Screens I designed before for programs on the TN panels are so much crisper on the 2407. It helps me debug things to make sure they look right. The TN panels are now used for email and reference material on the side so they are okay. No regrets getting the 2407!!! Worth the price for sure.

IMG_1944.jpg

Back view of the 2 arms holding the 3 monitors. I got these on Ebay.

Could you post the ebay link of those lcd arms or maybe the brand and model number? I love those heavy duty arms and would like to pickup a couple for my three 2405s.

Could you post the ebay link of those lcd arms or maybe the brand and model number? I love those heavy duty arms and would like to pickup a couple for my three 2405s.

If you search ebay for: LCD Arm Desk* you will find quite a few. These are links to ones that look similar to mine.

2 LCD:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DELUXE-DUAL...0QQihZ004QQcategoryZ51052QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1 LCD:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-LCD-Monitor...6QQihZ015QQcategoryZ51049QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
How does it hold up that dell 24"? Does it have any problems keeping that big monitor in the correct position?

No problem holding it up at all. The arms are built like a tank. I took a better picture of it so you can see the arms better.

IMG_1973.jpg

Hi all,

I'm building a 3-monitor setup and was intrigued by some configurations I saw here. I want my main monitor to be the Dell 2407 WFP, and the side monitors to be turned vertically (I don't want 3 widescreens side-by-side...too wide). I'd like the edges to match up reasonably well (1/4" or less ideally), so does anyone know which Dell model would be good the side panels?

The website only includes dimensions including the stand.
Thanks...

Good. Kleenex lied about their %age use of recycle material, was audit by environmentalists in the past 2 mth. I also avoid using Kleenex since then.

No problem holding it up at all. The arms are built like a tank. I took a better picture of it so you can see the arms better.
How well do you think those would hold up on a glass table with a 20.1 wide and 19" viewsonics?

How well do you think those would hold up on a glass table with a 20.1 wide and 19" viewsonics?

if your worried about what they would do, just cut small pieces of wood for where the arm hooks up onto the desk and place it between the glass and the arm :) plus it would add more thickness to hook onto

LOL. No, I'm cheap. Toilete paper is cheaper than buying boxes of Kleenix. With a wife, kids, mortgage I save money where I can.

I see you've managed to find other uses for the excess funds. Herman Millar chair, for example. That said, I can't fault you on your priorities.

I see you've managed to find other uses for the excess funds. Herman Millar chair, for example. That said, I can't fault you on your priorities.

Hey! There is nothing wrong with that. I'm very frugal, but I do enjoy my Herman Miller Chair very much so! Tissues are last on my priority list too as they are disposable possessions :D

I bought that chair back in 98. Wonderful investment. It will probably last another 20 years!

Back