Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

andre2isabela.jpg

^ Man, this pic gives me shivers... your daughter could fall pretty badly if the chair rolls back :( don't mean to call trouble, *knocks on wood* but I'd be more careful

Ahriman4891 said:
^ Man, this pic gives me shivers... your daughter could fall pretty badly if the chair rolls back :( don't mean to call trouble, *knocks on wood* but I'd be more careful
Oh boy, I didn' pick up on that (not a parent yet either, maybe that's why :) ). Ouch, that does look like the chair could just go backwards easy as pi.

I think it's aimed at the wall behind the screen

*touches finger to tip of nose* Bingo. The lamp has a very long arm and I will probably move it somewhere else on the desk since I got it to help out when I am working on the guts of a PC. It's very bright so I pointed it back when not in need for some softer lighting.

I see a desktop wallpaper I wouldn't mind a link to ;)

Seriously though, really cool setup, both audio- and display-wise.

This is my new setup - check it out.

NEC 19" DP930SB CRT

Viewsonic N2750W LCD TV on Wall mount. Connected to Dish DVR & PC

pic19em1.jpg

pic25gm.jpg

pic33qq.jpg

pic4mount7ph.jpg

pic5mount0xi.jpg

that's a pretty nice setup, are you using the computer as a sort of dvr? it just looks like you are recording something to your computer. But that's a pretty sweet lcd. i was thinking of getting something like that for my centerpiece eventually, since right now im running dual 17inch Vx724's.

I have a Dish DVR 120GB under the 19" CRT that does my recording... I just happen to be downloading something at the time, that's whats with the progress bar. Staying up late watching the ESPN scores, you know :-D

Thanks for the compliments!

Here's my new 2405. Haven't had time to clean up properly, having just finished building the desk. Truly excellent monitor's. Perfect for my multipurpose usage :)

Edit: Pic removed due to exceeding my bandwidth with my host

2405.jpg

Is that "Dual-Bios" I see on your PC tower? GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD!

AHHHH - It burns us!

Just kidding. Pretty nice setup, now you just need to hang a TV above it so that you can have a rearview mirror. Not to mention that would make a bad ass wallpaper if you had it set to look like that.

NoZoL said:
Is that "Dual-Bios" I see on your PC tower? GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD!

AHHHH - It burns us!

Just kidding. Pretty nice setup, now you just need to hang a TV above it so that you can have a rearview mirror. Not to mention that would make a bad ass wallpaper if you had it set to look like that.

Yep, Dual Bios sticker - I used to use Gigabyte exclusively when building new systems. Never had any issues with em. However, it's actually an Abit KD7-G in there...pretty old board now. That's my main workhorse PC. My new gaming rig is next to it and the 3 server's are (intentionally) out of shot :)

cheers for the comments

So far I like the Dell. Then again I really haven't played with it that much but if I was to have a choice between the two I would take the Dell at this point. It's just going to take some time getting used to a wide screen. I have Q4 looking good. Bf2 is stretched a little but it’s something I can get use to until they maybe fix it.

Update: I switched my Hyundai back over to may gaming machine.. Something about BF2 that was driving me nuts... Just can't put my finger on what it is... :rolleyes:

RailGunRiz said:
what desk is that? :)
A blemished pick up at Bush outlets. I bought it a few years ago for like $150 at 50% off. It's 3 pieces with the 3rd piece not having a top. Here is another look of how I had it set up before.
There is an LCD in the picture so wer'e good.. :D

DSCF0717.JPG

NoZoL said:
This is my new setup - check it out.

NEC 19" DP930SB CRT

Viewsonic N2750W LCD TV on Wall mount. Connected to Dish DVR & PC

[ddIMG]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4350/pic19em1.jpg[/IMG]

[ddIMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9982/pic25gm.jpg[/IMG]

[ddIddMG]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2690/pic33qq.jpg[/IMG]

[ddfIMG]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3177/pic4mount7ph.jpg[/IMG]

[dfMG]http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/3789/pic5mount0xi.jpg[/IMG]
How good is that lcd tv, cause if thats the 27" then thats the one i have been looking to buy. Mostly wondering how the picture is with it, well if you use it on your comp that is.

ras2a said:
Here's my new 2405. Haven't had time to clean up properly, having just finished building the desk. Truly excellent monitor's. Perfect for my multipurpose usage :)

2405.jpg

i see you have a Nokia 6230, i too havce an Nokia 6230, how do you like it?

How good is that lcd tv, cause if thats the 27" then thats the one i have been looking to buy. Mostly wondering how the picture is with it, well if you use it on your comp that is.

I like it a whole lotm check out the Newegg reviews, they are helpful. Standard satellite doesn't look the absolute best @ 3 - 4 feet away, but prolly cause I'm using S-Video and running a 4:3 broadcast @ 16:9 (although it doesn't look stretched)....

I'm running it on my PC as an extended monitor. I push the mouse off the right side of the screen, and it appears on the screen above me. This way I can run satellite picture-in-picture (to watch and hear the Redwings, Pistons, etc) and have my Yahoo IM open on the LCD while my 19" is maximized playing BF2 or CS Source. Talk about multitasking... Getting killed in the game cause Im responding to IMs and wrapped up in sports at the same time - not to mention I still have to take my focus off all the above when I wanna grab my beer ;-P

NoZoL said:
I like it a whole lotm check out the Newegg reviews, they are helpful. Standard satellite doesn't look the absolute best @ 3 - 4 feet away, but prolly cause I'm using S-Video and running a 4:3 broadcast @ 16:9 (although it doesn't look stretched)....

I'm running it on my PC as an extended monitor. I push the mouse off the right side of the screen, and it appears on the screen above me. This way I can run satellite picture-in-picture (to watch and hear the Redwings, Pistons, etc) and have my Yahoo IM open on the LCD while my 19" is maximized playing BF2 or CS Source. Talk about multitasking... Getting killed in the game cause Im responding to IMs and wrapped up in sports at the same time - not to mention I still have to take my focus off all the above when I wanna grab my beer ;-P

On my 2 monitors, when I click on the extended lcd..it minimizes my css? Is this the case for you too?

I haven't been able to tilt the screen of my Dell2005fpw to vertical.
I guess my problem is probably that I am using the built-in Intel graphics adaptor that came with the computer (Intel 915G Chipset).
I'm wondering if any of you guys were able to maybe download an application or upgrade to get around this :confused:
Thanks!

qbackin said:
On my 2 monitors, when I click on the extended lcd..it minimizes my css? Is this the case for you too?

I just messed with it for a few mins last night, and it did seem to do that. There's gotta be a way to keep the window maximized and not allow CSS to lose focus - I'm almost positive of it. Give a shout if you find anything out! (wow bad rhyme)

- John -

Ya man that is a real bummer, Im not sure how to fix it. Ive tryed ultramon etc but to no avail :( Maybe a driver fix of some sort? I dunno but it is not cool.

qbackin said:
Ya man that is a real bummer, Im not sure how to fix it. Ive tryed ultramon etc but to no avail :( Maybe a driver fix of some sort? I dunno but it is not cool.

I'm searching for a fix, I'll let you know. Nvidia just came out with new drivers a few days ago, but I don't think that will fix anything. Worst case, I'll try to find a util that will keep the game from losing focus (maybe even in the executable's options, "don't allow minimizing" or something simlar)

spotdog14 said:
i see you have a Nokia 6230, i too havce an Nokia 6230, how do you like it?

Yeah, they are nice mobile's. Decent charge rate etc. Tis a company phone and (as I don't pay) I like it. :)

Apallohadas said:
Please try to make the pictures smaller? This page is loading slow as hell.

I think tis not possible... Unless the poster is soft enough to do that...

Apallohadas said:
Please try to make the pictures smaller? This page is loading slow as hell.
no please! keep the big photos pleasure!

poster: what kind of connection do you have? you can have a bad connection but NOT when you have a AMD X2 4400 and a ATI X1900 XT !!!!

mai9 said:

poster: what kind of connection do you have? you can have a bad connection but NOT when you have a AMD X2 4400 and a ATI X1900 XT !!!!

Exactly - Apallohadas is oft

mai9 said:

Ummmm that doesnt make sense....

Back