Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

el rolio said:
hahah yea i wanna know as well and where to buy and how much

lol - I was more interested in the amp... looks like a Rotel or something......nice... :)

Lol at the above comments, they're regular hifi bookshelve speakers not studio monitors. Due to me always being in the study (my hifi is in the lounge) I built a second system intergrated into my computer. The source is a RME 9632 soundcard (rrp £350/$600) Rotel 1062 stereo amp (rrp £600/$1000) and Totem acoustic Dreamcatcher speakers (£500/$850) with mark grant cables. I use lossless flac from foobar2000 running off 4 250GB samsung spinpoints in Raid0. The PC is inaudible from where I sit with it under my desk and contains a 7800GTX @ 500/1400 and X2 4400+ @ 10x250 with 2GB of mem.

I'm very pleased with the system so far :) I just need to make some speaker stands to raise them about 7" so the tweeter is mroe inline with my ear.

I knew it... Rotel!! good stuff. :)

Nice OC on the 7800. What brand of GTX do you have?

Nice Rotel!

I have the Rotel RB-1070 separate amplifier for my computer speakers - Onix Ref 1.

I'll post pics soon.

nicholarse said:
Lol at the above comments, they're regular hifi bookshelve speakers not studio monitors. Due to me always being in the study (my hifi is in the lounge) I built a second system intergrated into my computer. The source is a RME 9632 soundcard (rrp £350/$600) Rotel 1062 stereo amp (rrp £600/$1000) and Totem acoustic Dreamcatcher speakers (£500/$850) with mark grant cables. I use lossless flac from foobar2000 running off 4 250GB samsung spinpoints in Raid0. The PC is inaudible from where I sit with it under my desk and contains a 7800GTX @ 500/1400 and X2 4400+ @ 10x250 with 2GB of mem.

I'm very pleased with the system so far :) I just need to make some speaker stands to raise them about 7" so the tweeter is mroe inline with my ear.

I could not live without a subwoofer…

Worth every cent IMHO: http://www.sunfire.com/SuperJrPR.htm

Otherwise, very, very nice set-up man!

triple 2005fpw:

11-2005-2.jpg

11-2005-3.jpg

sub shot:

11-2005-1.jpg

TSS Modder said:
the inevitable question: why 2 surround sound systems?

Klipsh has an amp problem, took 3 years for it to show up the first time. I got the z-5500 set while the promedias were at repair for $200 shipped. Ran both sets side by side for a few months then the amp problem again, ordered another set of z-5500s. The logitech amp is actually a little beefier and runs the Klipsch center and sats better then the promedia amp. End result: I can watch movies or play games on either machine and the two logitech sets cost me less then the promedia did.

With that setup I hope you have good air flow between the amps... Heat build up will fry the amps. I had a tripple 680Z sub setup just like that... The top sub fried due to overheating.

VoBoy said:
With that setup I hope you have good air flow between the amps... Heat build up will fry the amps. I had a tripple 680Z sub setup just like that... The top sub fried due to overheating.

680s must run hotter? the fins on these are just slightly warm to the touch when in use.. that or my ambients are just lower

hamm3rhead, have you beat with 3 z5500, but you got me on the triple 2005, only got 2 2405 here. Pics are coming after I get a refund from BB

I also find that the z5500s don't give out that large amount of heats which is a nice thing.

It's just not fair. Your peripherals cost about 10 times as much as my computer did, and about 20 times more than it is now worth!

hahah whatev, firfox all teh way, more importantly: is that my DESK i see there? yayayayay for being in the screenshot. thats nice :D

oh i changed to the black apple keyboard since i took that pic! tadah!

Sz1hart said:
hamm3rhead, have you beat with 3 z5500, but you got me on the triple 2005, only got 2 2405 here. Pics are coming after I get a refund from BB

I also find that the z5500s don't give out that large amount of heats which is a nice thing.

I considered 2405's but I figured these would be easier to budget :) so do you hook all 3 z5500's together for 15.3 surround ? :)

lol, nope.

Ones downstair for my other pc, other is for console(s), and my own pc upstair. Maybe I should try doing something like that...

I think I may return one of the monitor 2 get 2 smaller ones for the sides...

man..how do you guys fund your monitor buyage? i have one 2005fpw and that was a huge hit on the wallet as it is.
lottery perhaps? :p

el rolio said:
hahah whatev, firfox all teh way, more importantly: is that my DESK i see there? yayayayay for being in the screenshot. thats nice :D

oh i changed to the black apple keyboard since i took that pic! tadah!

rofl!!! too funny... :D :D

bealzz said:
nice zen setup you got there pipen. i was wondering what kind of tree that is sitting on your desk?

thanx dude.. I have no idéa, I got it from IKEA here in sweden, for less than $10

You would think everyone has a widescreen LCD from Dell, but trust me, there are some of us who don't.

Z(+)DIAC said:
You would think everyone has a widescreen LCD from Dell, but trust me, there are some of us who don't.

There sure are alot of them. While I can afford one, I don't own one either.

board2death986 said:
im one who WANTS one, i just have no money at the moment, and a large wishlist ^_^
LOL!! i WANT one (or 2, maybe 3, ummmmmmmm *strokes chin) too!

i just want one at my center, then ill buy another viewsonic 17 3ms VX whatever, and awesomeness will behold

mai9 said:
here's my desktop:
Before reading HardForum:
CIMG2874pc.jpg

What kind of mounting brackets did you use to hang your phone to the wall and what is the texture of your wall. Link please.

that's an odd request 0_o. . . phones? walls? huh? hey, where can i order a dell 2405fpw not including the main dell site? none of the major computer sites like newegg or tigerdirect and such seem to have any dell monitors

Back