Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

My desk at home is a bit nicer, but hey, it's a dorm.

desk.jpg

It's an LG L1980Q if anyone is wondering, I haven't seen too many people with this monitor.

-Matt

Matt126 said:

It's an LG L1980Q if anyone is wondering, I haven't seen too many people with this monitor.

-Matt

looks nice, what's the response time? cost?

board2death986 said:
looks nice, what's the response time? cost?

It's got an 8ms response time. I previously had a Compaq P1100(21" trinitron) and I really am pleased with the gaming aspect of this monitor. There's no ghosting, and the gameplay feels about the same, but the colors and brightness are even better, making it a better experience overall.

The price was pretty steep. I paid 600$ (which is pretty high for a 19" monitor) but I got 180$ in rebates. So $420 isn't too bad considering the quality of this display. I recieved it with ZERO dead pixels (LG has a quick swap program if there's ANY dead pixels at all, they cross ship you a new monitor).

I got mine at bestbuy, newegg has the L1981Q which is the same monitor with a flush power button for tiled setups.

It also has a fully rotating base that goes 180 degrees and automatically adjusts your resolution to the new angle. Pretty useful if you do a lot of coding or word processing.

The looks of this monitor also stand out from any other monitor I've ever seen. Check out the pics at newegg.

-Matt

Hey.....

i kno this is probably the stupidest question to ask, and that every1 here already knows all my questions but people learn at some point....i am 14, my dad asked me whati wanted for xmas and i asked for two flat monitors, especially after lookin at every1s on this site....but my questions are:

1)which monitors are the best to buy, i want somethin bigger than 17 inches, my dad has that. but my dad doesnt want to pay over 800 for both combined.

2) once i get the two monitors, how do i connect both of them to ONE computer, and have them act as though it is one big screen?

3) do most of you recommend two monitors (say....19 inches both) or is one 24" better?

4) if i do get two monitors, is the quality and effectiveness of the software and movies/games still there?

thanks for your help everyone. i built my own computer, so i kno the basics.

Thanks again
:D

My 2405fpw comes in on Monday. I cannot wait. Has anyone seen the black jerker desk in person? comments?

I would recommend keeping your eye out for a deal on SLICKDEALS or FATWALLET for the next Dell deal on the 2405pfw or the 2005fpw. I bet you could luck out and get 2 2005fpws for about $800. I personally wouldn't get 2 2005's, but rather one 2405 for about $800-900. I love my 2405..plus you can be a member of team 2405! :)

Matt126 said:

desk.jpg

-Matt

You can back away from your desk and take a picture of your posters if you want...I'm sure others wouldn't mind. :) Keep those kleenex's handy for allergies!

not as spectacular as all of your setups, but hey im only 15 so for me its damn good
0929052122.jpg

MAG 17"
Gateway 15"

Hobbit89 said:
Hey, how do u like your Creative Creature Speakers?

Creative doesn't make the creatures, JBL does. And they are awesome, I am actually selling a set right now.

elder_shawn said:
You can back away from your desk and take a picture of your posters if you want...I'm sure others wouldn't mind. :) Keep those kleenex's handy for allergies!

hahaha I actually do have bad allergies. :p but here's the posters anyways..
desk.jpg

Hobbit89 said:
Hey, how do u like your Creative Creature Speakers?
I LOVE them. For the size, they sound absolutely wonderful. As you can see there's not much room on my desk so I wanted something small, and they definitely get the job done.

-Matt

cc2096 said:
Creative doesn't make the creatures, JBL does. And they are awesome, I am actually selling a set right now.
Srry about that, got my companies confused there for a sec. And by the way, how much do u want for those speakers?

where can i get a cheap mount for a dell 1704fp or w.e its called. a friend gave me his screen sinces he moving, but he broke the arm. so i need to find a mount for it of sorts, if possible for cheap.

or maybe i should just buy the original stand for it? or is that like 200$? lol

Ergotron Neoflex LCD stand at Buy.com for $47 shipped. If you can find a valid 10% off Buy.com code, you can knock a few more dollars off. It should work, since basically all LCD monitors these days are VESA compatible. Specs say it works with 100 x 100 mm VESA FDMI mounting or 75 x 75 mm VESA FDMI mounting.

Not dirt cheap, but still cheaper than a new monitor. Or try eBay to finda broken Dell 1704fp?

Believe me, I'm THAT close to buy this amazing 2405FPW, the problem is that there are some potential future issues. I want it so much. :(

i guess it's true . . . but its still clearly not what this thread was for. As for the desk, you dont need a new desk. . you need a desk period! if you have the cash a decent one with edges and stuff shouldnt cost more than one or two hundred

C'mon guys, pics, and this isn't a workstation thread, it's an LCD thread, you can find the workstation thread HERE

Wesley1357 said:
thats one way of getting ride of the heat problem.

a benq monitor!

Wow, you recognize it?
It's kind of funky, with the four legs and the 3 USB ports and webcam, but I do fun stuff with it and the navy blue/silver matches my keyboard, mice, and speakers.

*faux* portrait mode
portrait3er.jpg

back when I still had a case

Back