Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

boomheadshot45 said:
wow daba, your setup is very clean. i like it Bg fn deal, where did you get that soundbar?

EDIT: Thanx boom!

The soundbar was bought from ebay. The interesting thing about it is that it's hooked up to my xbox currently and it provides the sound from that. the speakers and headphones hook up to my PC thru a switch.

intogamer said:
desk?

where did you get your desk? I want a L shaped desk don't really like the glass

what model and brand is it?
cant find what brand it is anywhere on it. i got it at officemax a few years ago
it's plain and simple flat, no junk shelves all around crowding your space, and you never need a mouse pad:D

here's a picutre of it the day i bought it here

TSS Modder said:
Cesium: how do you like the ErgoTron NeoFlex? i want one but have seen some subpar reviews. :(
i bought one since i was planning on getting a 24" lcd, but i found out about the westy and got that instead.

i really do like it though, has a lot of mobility, easy to set up, easy to switch monitors, and seems to hold my 15" without any trouble at all. only thing i dont like about it is that it doesnt have that much choice in vertical height as there are large notches used.
also, i think with a large monitor on it, you couldnt use the extra swing arm since it wouldnt be able to support the weight

Happy Hopping said:
Hey, is that a cooling fan that c/w part of the USB hub?

Yeah, its a fan that can have either a card reader or a 4port usb hub.

And low and behold that the one I have is the
DEAL OF THE DAY @ Directron, just $6.99!

P6110191.jpg

P6110208.jpg

P6110203.jpg

P6110200.jpg

My lcd is a Viewsonic 19in. I'm looking to upgrade by the end of the summer to a Samsung 21in widescreen (what my brother has). My specs for my computer are in my sig.

ashfoot said:
P6110191.jpg

My lcd is a Viewsonic 19in. I'm looking to upgrade by the end of the summer to a Samsung 21in widescreen (what my brother has). My specs for my computer are in my sig.
how the hell do play games in front of you dresser? the mirror would drive me nuts and where do you put your feet? why does your sig say 7800gt pci? might want to change that to pci-e. :D

Jester FPS said:
Matrox triple-head2go:
<pics snipped>
How does that work for you, and how did you get your windows to maximize one monitor at a time? With the triple-head 2 go, windows usually maximize across all three screens because windows only sees one screen...software from Matrox perhaps?

dunno if im even referring to the right thing, but if you are talking about the last pic with the internet windows none of them are actually maximized, merely resized to almost fit the screen

trek554 said:
how the hell do play games in front of you dresser? the mirror would drive me nuts and where do you put your feet? why does your sig say 7800gt pci? might want to change that to pci-e. :D

LOL, its the setup I get because well this was my little sisters old room (she took mine when I went off to college) and she didn't have a desk but I go back to college in August so it won't be for long, also when I'm at my computer the lcd is tall enough that I can't see myself in the mirror. However the no space for my feet has always been a problem :/

Also thanks for that pci thing..I thought everyone would have known that it was pci-e because who makes pci graphics cards?

Jester FPS said:
http://i6.tinypic.com/14ca59d.jpg[/IM G]
[IM G]http://i6.tinypic.com/14ca5ph.jpg
[IM G]http://i5.tinypic.com/14ca63p.jpg[/IMG]

Nice and clean.

Is that a grow op? I see plantlife, foliage, etc outside your window!!!1 :D

ashfoot said:
LOL, its the setup I get because well this was my little sisters old room (she took mine when I went off to college) and she didn't have a desk but I go back to college in August so it won't be for long, also when I'm at my computer the lcd is tall enough that I can't see myself in the mirror. However the no space for my feet has always been a problem :/

But wouldn't that dresser be too tall still? How can you find a chair to fit even a mid - high dresser?

Happy Hopping said:
But wouldn't that dresser be too tall still? How can you find a chair to fit even a mid - high dresser?

Nope its just the right height for my chair for me not to see myself in the mirror. Do you want a pic of me sitting in my chair looking at the screen?

Happy Hopping said:
dressers are not high at all. cant you just look at the picture and figure that out? you must be thinking of chest of drawers not dressers.

ashfoot said:

Also thanks for that pci thing..I thought everyone would have known that it was pci-e because who makes pci graphics cards?
I forbid my parents from letting my brother take my room when I went to school. Best decision I ever made, lol. I just threatened to never come back if they took my room in a screaming fight and they caved. My brother wasn't happy though :p.

Croak said:
Westinghouse LVM37-W1, 1920x1080, and my old Dell 2005FPW sitting unhooked for bonus LCD points.

Please to excuse the wires. In case you were interested, the top right is a cable TV input (HBO Hi Def/Spider Man 2) in a PiP window.

desk05.jpg
Very glad to see that the Westy doesn't weigh too much. I'm planning on buying either that or the 42" version.

DarkStar02 said:
Very glad to see that the Westy doesn't weigh too much. I'm planning on buying either that or the 42" version.

I just bought one for my wife to watch TV in the kitchen. Of course I will have to plug it into my PC and see if I should order another one. Its a great price for a pretty decent LCD.

Just replaced my samsung 244t with the 3251D, very nice, much better watching tvs and movies and a HELLAVA lot bigger. just wish the bezel was thinner like the 244t, no complaints.

old monitor:
5850b6a3.jpg

2872de7e.jpg

img070.jpg

new setup:

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Teecee said:
I just bought one for my wife to watch TV in the kitchen. Of course I will have to plug it into my PC and see if I should order another one. Its a great price for a pretty decent LCD.
a 42 inch in the kitchen? shit i dont even have a 42 inch in my living room.

Hello. Here's a pic of my new setup. Sorry for the crappy pics but I suck at picture taking.

Left monitor is a Samsung 215tw and the right one is a Viewsonic VX2025wm, and the laptop is an Apple Macbook. The Samsung is better obviously =). I bought all these things in the past month and couldn't be happier with them. The viewsonic is running OSX, while the samsung is running my xp box. I use synergy to control them both with one keyboard and mouse.

My computer is just a P4 506 at 3.2 ghz, with a 6800.

Tell me what what you think

re1.jpg

re2.jpg

re3.jpg

re4.jpg

re5.jpg

xdesix said:
Hello. Here's a pic of my new setup. Sorry for the crappy pics but I suck at picture taking.

Left monitor is a Samsung 215tw and the right one is a Viewsonic VX2025wm, and the laptop is an Apple Macbook. The Samsung is better obviously =). I bought all these things in the past month and couldn't be happier with them. The viewsonic is running OSX, while the samsung is running my xp box. I use synergy to control them both with one keyboard and mouse.

Looks good. I have two of the 17 inch viewsonics, they do the job for me, but eventually looking to get a 20 inch to set as a middle piece between them. Are you running the laptop on the viewsonic? I was trying to look into running Mac OS X on my PC, but I only heard of hacker's pulling it off ,and not to any great extent in terms of compatibility hardware wise. . .hopefully mac opens their OS to the pc market, i wouldn't buy it but i would like to try it out without having to buy a Mac.

trek554 said:
Of course there would be other great side effects of getting rid of smokers. 99.9% of all criminals would be out of society

Is that the case in America? If you said that in England you'd get a black eye. It bothers me when people whine about smokers.

xdesix said:

/pics snipped

Very, very nice! Did you have problems setting up synergy to talk nice between the xp and osx systems?
Thinking of something along the same lines, very tempted to pick up a new intel mac mini.

board2death986 said:
Looks good. I have two of the 17 inch viewsonics, they do the job for me, but eventually looking to get a 20 inch to set as a middle piece between them. Are you running the laptop on the viewsonic? I was trying to look into running Mac OS X on my PC, but I only heard of hacker's pulling it off ,and not to any great extent in terms of compatibility hardware wise. . .hopefully mac opens their OS to the pc market, i wouldn't buy it but i would like to try it out without having to buy a Mac.

Yeah, I got the viewsonic specifically for the MacBook. It's connected through DVI but i also have a VGA connection to it on the PC to make it dual =). I've installed OSX on that desktop before back in September; but it was pretty annoying trying to get things to work perfectly i.e. Nvidia Drivers. This may be different now but I really don't know. Also PPC programs don't run as fast as i would like compared to the intel ones. You know what though? I bought the Mac after trying it on my PC first; and I enjoyed the experience minus the driver issues. So Apple got a sale from me thanks to the leaked OSX copy.

I would recommend the viewsonic except the fact that it doesn't support HDCP. Buf if you don't want/need that then go for it. Last night I tried hooking up a Comcast HD box to it via DVI and the comcast box gave a message saying this device is not HDCP complaint and it wouldn't work for more than a few seconds.

elleana said:
Very, very nice! Did you have problems setting up synergy to talk nice between the xp and osx systems?
Thinking of something along the same lines, very tempted to pick up a new intel mac mini.

Thanks. =)

Synergy works perfectly on XP; but for OSX it doesn't come with a GUI and has a few bugs. However there is an OSX program called SynergyKM that has a GUI for it and it's pretty straightforward. My only gripe about the MacBook is that it gets hot as hell; much hotter than my old HP laptop. But this isn't as big of a problem for me as it may be for some people.

DarkStar02 said:

Right at 55 pounds with the speakers and base, or about half the weight of the Sony 21" CRTs I used for years. ;)

You can trim it down to ~45 pounds by removing the base and speakers, if you were wall mounting it. Which I plan to do, and putting the bottom of the bezel about level with the desktop, it's a little too high for my seating position right now.

Thanks, got a great deal on the mount. It's this wallmount, retails for $129 but my buddy hooked me up with one for 40 bucks brand new. Now I just have to hide the wires and I'm good to go.

LittleMe said:
Thanks, got a great deal on the mount. It's this wallmount, retails for $129 but my buddy hooked me up with one for 40 bucks brand new. Now I just have to hide the wires and I'm good to go.

Very nice. My Westy 37" comes in tomorrow. No mount for it yet. I need some sort of arm mount so it will be at a angle. I am thinking of having my cable guys come in and hid the cables or maybe do a threshhold. I am not sure if my comcast box will do HDMI but if it can then I should only have HDMI and power cable.

script.tease said:
Is that the case in America? If you said that in England you'd get a black eye. It bothers me when people whine about smokers.
maybe that is just America but smoking is gross no matter where you live. smokers dont even care about themselves so i doubt that they give a shit about anybody else.

trek554 said:
maybe that is just America but smoking is gross no matter where you live. smokers dont even care about themselves so i doubt that they give a shit about anybody else.

wow... thanks for speaking on behalf of me, i appreciate it :rolleyes:

I smoke from time to time and do care about myself - i know the evils of smoking and what it is doing to my body. I try to be respectful of those around me and make it a point to only smoke inside if everyone im around is okay with it. Not everyone that smokes is a jackass.

Soullfytribe345 said:
wow... thanks for speaking on behalf of me, i appreciate it :rolleyes:

I smoke from time to time and do care about myself - i know the evils of smoking and what it is doing to my body. I try to be respectful of those around me and make it a point to only smoke inside if everyone im around is okay with it. Not everyone that smokes is a jackass.
most are but its good to think that youre not. of course most people with 3 teeth in their month, jailhouse tats, and kids all all over the place dont think they are trashy. its all perspective.

trek554 said:
... of course most people with 3 teeth in thier month, jailhouse tats, and kids all all over the place dont think they are trashy.

i got nothing... you left me with not a damn thing to say....
:)

How about you guys take that topic somewhere else. This thread is about LCD setups. Keep on topic or start your own thread. Thanks.

Back