• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1038172734 said:
Hey I saw your youtube video review lol. I have the same screen :D

Link to said YouTube video, and model of that 27" display? :)

/want
 
§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1038172734 said:
Hey I saw your youtube video review lol. I have the same screen :D

I feel sorry for you everytime you have to login to the forum. How do you do it with a name like that? It's like one of my other e-mails which is my name in hexidecimal. I keep forgetting what it is.
 
is that a custom desk you built. If so, is that a kitchen countertop? More info would be appreciated. THanks.

No I did not build the desk lol... I did modify it though, I made the base on the bottom for my PC and sub to sit on, the shelving, also put the headphone hook thing and the stainless handles. BUT the top IS made just like a kitchen counter-top, it's 1/12" thick and sturdy as hell.
 
I'm buying one.

/end

If got three of em in eyefinity...they are spectacular. Hands down best monitors I have ever owned and I've owned em all.
crt4.jpg

bf3eyefinity1S27A750.jpg

bf3eyefinity2S27A750.jpg
 
Sometimes its more about experience than the most amount of pixels :)

I wouldnt mind running 3x 36.4" eizo 4k monitors in eyefinity though... 12kx2k res would be pretty insane :D
 
but they're only 1080p...
I'll stick with my 23" 1152p screens.

My e-penis is bigger, you'll need that higher resolution to fit the tip of it on your display. :)

On a serious note, 1080p is usually plenty of res up to 32" however for a 27" PC monitor it's just fine.

I also convinced my wife to let me buy one.

Picture of said wife and LCD to keep it on topic. :)

 
On a serious note, 1080p is usually plenty of res up to 32" however for a 27" PC monitor it's just fine.

That depends on what you do - I find 1080p useless on the pc above 23-24", 27" is best served with 2560x1440, 30" with 2560x1600.
 
That depends on what you do - I find 1080p useless on the pc above 23-24", 27" is best served with 2560x1440, 30" with 2560x1600.

I will agree that it's subjective, however I'm currently using a 1080p on a 40" screen just fine.

Hence the original comment of "it's only 1080p" is not really helpful. Perhaps if he said "it's only 1080p, not useful if you do this xyz thing." That might have made more sense, so I just saw it as him swinging his e-penis.
 
not really the place to argue that but since its been brought up I'll add my 2cents. Don't forget percieved ppi is relative to viewing distance. Thats why large 1080p tv's look fine(ppi wise) at living room viewing distances, and why very high ppi devices look fine closer to your eyeballs. Gaming and lcd blur also have to be taken into acount - which limits you to 1080p 120hz at 23" or 27"for lcds or a crt at 85hz - 100hz (if you don't want very high detail + "3d" depth via bump mapping textures washed out/smeared out on modern games with the highest graphics ceilings). Personally I do prefer desktop 1080p to be 23" or less for the ppi . My laptop's 17" 1080p is 129.58ppi, 23" 1080p is 95.78ppi, 27" 1080p is only 81.59 ppi

4k screens that I have read about are too large for a desk imo, at 37" and larger. Anything much larger than 27" (30" pushing it but can be set back a bit further) puts the perimeter of the monitor into your periphery which results in annoying eye bending to the extents of the monitor all the time (especially in regards to pertinent screen info in games - HUD, notifications, pointers, chat windows, maps, action bars, etc). Note that in LLL eyefinity the side panels are peripheral by design, and games that fully support it should keep all hud and notifications to the central monitor. The 4k screens are geared for movies and the astronomically priced. Eizo 4k is a VA panel I believe, which is great for tv/movie blacklevels+detail in blacks but typically VA are laggy and inappropriate for desktop monitors (especially gaming).

The LG mentioned at CES is the one I think will be geared toward desktop monitor use. It is Quad Full HD (QFHD), a block of four 1080p resolutions at 3840x2160, 60hz ips , around 27" 16:9 and quoted at 166ppi. Should be great for desktop apps/real-estate and simpler detail games/older engines.

I'll leave it at that since there are other threads about this, or start your own for some back and forth as this is primarily a picture thread.

http://www.3dalchemist.com/hardware-info/pixel-densities.htm
 
Last edited:
About that 27" Sammy... The only bad thing is you can't detach it from the stand and you can't wall mount??
 
but they're only 1080p...
I'll stick with my 23" 1152p screens.

I dumped three dell U2410s for these lowly "1080ps"..the dells had 1200 pixels. Before that I had a gateway xhd3000 2560x1600 flanked by two portrait dell 2007fps. Triple 1080p S27A750s blow them all away.

I don't miss the pixels one bit.
 
lol dude she got pwnd with someone with knife while she was shooting at him:D

She was playing a zombie match, they have crazy amounts of HP. To give you an idea, you start out with like 850 rounds of ammo, because they keep coming. :)
 
I dumped three dell U2410s for these lowly "1080ps"..the dells had 1200 pixels. Before that I had a gateway xhd3000 2560x1600 flanked by two portrait dell 2007fps. Triple 1080p S27A750s blow them all away.

I don't miss the pixels one bit.

I wouldn't probably miss any pixels either, but the image quality of the IPS-panels is something I would definitely miss.
 
I just finished a new build and now I have setup SLI. This is just a temporary home. I am new to this, but loving every minute of it!!

6565226205_08e6fa7caf.jpg
 
Sometimes its more about experience than the most amount of pixels :)

I wouldnt mind running 3x 36.4" eizo 4k monitors in eyefinity though... 12kx2k res would be pretty insane :D

That my friend is true, I only acquired two screens sizes of 19 inches to the sides, and one 20 inches (UXGA) to the middle.
And that my friends have been quite satisfying experience.

Perhaps I´m stuck to 00´s or something, but I prefer good ol´ 4:3 IPS-displays over wideshit TN-cheapos while using multimonitor setups.
 
Love the setups guys. Ill have to post mine when I get home from the holidays. Got 2x 20" Acer LED's 1x 22" Acer LED and 1x 40" Samsung LED
 
^ That chair looks REALLY low to me. Is there any way to raise it. Are you typing on the keyboard with your chin?
 
Back
Top