Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Check it out ladies! After a couple months of lurking, I decided to join. As for my first post,
my workstation is now complete. Just received my 2405fpw today. WOOTuh I've seen some nice setups/ but have you seen desk made of wood AND glass?
I present you...
CYBombassDesk.JPG

is it only me? or is that desk too low? at least that's what it looks like, and anyway, where's your workstation?

damn, I've been drooling over the 2405fpw for months now, and finally today it finally came in the mail. 24 inches of goodness!!!!

Also shown: moonsoon 2.1 speakers, thrustmaster tacticalboard, epson 1280 full tabloid printer, some POS canon scanner and a canon GL2 mini-dv camcorder.

IMG_2624.jpg

Yea Yea Crappy cabling but I don't mind.

The 2405 is running off of the blue tower.

The shuttle is on the 19" NEC.

huydoan said:
damn, I've been drooling over the 2405fpw for months now, and finally today it finally came in the mail. 24 inches of goodness!!!!

Also shown: moonsoon 2.1 speakers, thrustmaster tacticalboard, epson 1280 full tabloid printer, some POS canon scanner and a canon GL2 mini-dv camcorder.

The GL2! You are one lucky son of a biatch...I'd give my left nut for one of those...which is the only one I have left after sacrificing the right for my 2405!

Here's my Apple 20" Cinema Display. It's big enough for my needs... perfect picture guality &
0 Dead pixels :D

210_1091.jpg

Bache said:
Here's my Apple 20" Cinema Display. It's big enough for my needs... perfect picture guality &

210_1091.jpg

I like this setup, nice and clean, nice desk also...
not sure about having that audio boombox on a table ....

Thanks! That audio mini mixer is must have on my table... i Do music mixing in my homeStudio and i cant live without it..

chrisf6969 said:
office.jpg

Crappy picture... but you get the idea

Can you take a picture or two of the under pinnings of that desk? It looks exactly like what I want for a desk I want to build into the wall at my house. A floating lock in wall bass that is actually supported by the studs, and not leg supports.

|Leviathan| said:
is it only me? or is that desk too low? at least that's what it looks like, and anyway, where's your workstation?

Yeah didn't seems low when i saw it in the magazine aka. Maxim. It's a tad lower than the height of a regular desk, but the this look is what i was going for and got it at a $60 discount =D. 2405 made it complete. Next a 42-50" plassy above it. :D

Treyshadow said:
Can you take a picture or two of the under pinnings of that desk? It looks exactly like what I want for a desk I want to build into the wall at my house. A floating lock in wall bass that is actually supported by the studs, and not leg supports.

I designed the desk myself, and had my workers build it for me. The desk completely wraps around. (see picture)

* ____
* |
* |______|*
Where its astericked its connected to wall.

I used a 1" x 1" piece of poplar wood screwed in to the studs, then the desktop sits on top and was screwed in.

office1.jpg

the "front" section that juts out from the wall only has a single side "leg" supporting it and the file & pencil drawer in it. The CPU and scanner underneath are on a shelf mounted to wall and the modesty panel on the front of the desk. I designed it that way so my office can be easily mopped and to keep dust out of the CPU as much as possible.

office.jpg

this is really great desk ^ it would probably cost around $1500 or more if this would be in stores....

great work

beowulf7 said:
chrisf6969, nic pic, nice chick, nice workstation area. Now it's been confirmed it's at work, but even then, if you have some privacy once in a while, then it might be worthwhile to reorganize the screen and speakers so that you can have the table behind you as well, which is where you can buy and place rear/surround speakers. :D But if your workplace frowns upon game playing (even on your own time and dime), then it wouldn't be worth it. You'd also need a subwoofer, which might not only piss off that secretary but all your other co-workers. :eek:

Check my sig: (for specs)

I've got a better set up at home to game. Much better videocard, etc...

I might try a little Wolf ET this afternoon. But the screen is actually like too wide! Like its wider than your field of vision... you have to move your eyes around too much!

Luckily, I'm the boss, so I do what I want. Though I wouldn't play games.... it would just look bad. (lead by example... practice what you preach, etc)

So I wouldn't be able to "crack the whip" if they see me F*cking off all the time. As it is..... the ignorant warehouse workers don't understand why I make 3-4x more than them for sitting on my ass all day while they slave in the heat. Simple minds don't understand, the more money you make the less physical work you usually do. Where ditch diggers, etc... some of the hardest workers make the least!

BTW, anyone looking for a job, I'm hiring! :)

Just got the dell 2405, its got a replacement coming as it makes a buzzing noise when it gets hot.

I was going to replace the pair of VP171b's with the dell, but after hooking all 3 up, I think I am going to keep the whole setup.

office.jpg

side.jpg

front.jpg

peakejef I like your setup man Tup. very clean looking, I also like your office space very nice combination of table and cabinets.

Do you have all 3 monitors hooked up to 1 computer there? and if yes what video card(s) you running?

What are you running on that rig?

Its a new rig:

Athlon X2 3800 @ 2.4Ghz
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR
OCZ Powerstream 520W power supply
2GB OCZ Platinum PC3200
XFX Geforce 7800GT
Western Digital Raptor 74GB
Western Digital 120GB
Maxtor 250GB external USB2

and my favorite component...a 3DFX Voodo Banshee PCI card to run one of the 17" LCDs.

Do you have all 3 monitors hooked up to 1 computer there? and if yes what video card(s) you running?

yep they all run off one PC.

XFX Geforce 7800 runs 2 of them, and a vintage 3DFX Voodoo banshee runs the other.

peakejef said:
yep they all run off one PC.

XFX Geforce 7800 runs 2 of them, and a vintage 3DFX Voodoo banshee runs the other.

got it thanks, if you don't mind me asking how much this config, cost you? The specs are pretty impressive btw.

if you don't mind me asking how much this config, cost you?

The new PC was about $1600, I just built it a couple weeks ago. I bought all the parts from htp://www.MonarchComputer.com.

The 3 LCD's were about $1200 total. ($800 for the dell 24", $400x2 for the viewsonic 17 inchers).

The furniture was about $2500. My previous office furniture was junk from staples, the new stuff is alot nicer. Its all part of the Mayline Napoli set. It really ties the room together :)

The other peripherals (printers, scanner, mouse/KB, speakers, uniden police scanner) were about $1500.

^^^ Nice setup. How are you liking those viewsonics? I think I have the same ones. Have you compared overall image quality between them and the Dell? I love mine but am thinking about going bigger.

Edit: Yes you do have the same Viewsonics.

did you say police scanner? 0_o . . . you arent talkabing about one of those radio scanners the media uses to spy on police radio frequences are ya?

did you say police scanner?

Roger that.

Its a Uniden BC796D scanner. Picks up the old-school analog transmissions, as well as trunked and APCO-25 digital systems. When I get bored listening to music, I will switch on the scanner and listen to the police frequencies. With just a little telescopic antenna I get all the surrounding police, fire, municipal, court, prison, park service and school frequencies. Lots of good stuff to listen to.

Check www.radioreference.com to see what freq's are active in your area.

Jeff

Bache said:

210_1091.jpg

those icons look gigantic, what your screen resolution in the photo?

nice goods man, you and I have the same speakers and case. Mines black and doesn't have handels though...

But, your screen is bigger than mine. All I got is a 19 inch CRT.

K10 said:
finally, someone who spent as much as i did on computer furniture. :) i'll have to check out those mayline furniture the next time i'm in sheboygan, wi.

1000006img0kx.jpg

What is that case? It's so unique!

VoBoy said:
I don't think that's a case... I think it's a Yamaha External Soundcard... the Cavit series.
Yeahhhhh................. it looks a bit ssmall, although, it looks very simaler to The Nintindo Revolution case? :confused: Interesting? :confused:

K10 said:
that's a biomorph level 2 desk along with an extension and 2 file cabinets.

WOW awesome desks but VERY expensive, well I guess you'll get what you paying for.
thanks for answer.

Wesley1357 said:
those icons look gigantic, what your screen resolution in the photo?

Im not sure what do you mean by "gigantic" My screen resolution is 1650x1050... Should icons look smaller or what?

Back