Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

yeah i know i spent a ton on it but it was worth it to me. ive never done liquid cooling myself or built a whole system. with maingear i have kick ass customer service and warranties...

I've been to IKEA twice in the past two weeks and have not seen this desk!:( I would love to get it, but I have not seen it. Does anyone know if they are even selling this desk anymore? Please respond and thanks.

They still sell it. Find anybody that works there and ask them to point you to it. You should be able to find it in the Workplace section though. And they might not look like what you see here since it's all modular. They might have it laid out differently and in different colors but it is there.

dont kill me but i have to ask. why in the world does everyone have or one more than one monitor. tons of you have 2 or 3 thirty inch monitors even. what do you use them for , do you seriously get on the pc that much. i gave $8,500 for my maingear pc and people always say wow your crazy but now i dont think so....

nothing trying to be rude towards anyone i just dont know why everyone has more than one. i feel like there is something i dont know.
Multimonitor setups are also extremely useful if you have more than one computer, say you could install an OS on one while having documentation open on another, etc. I do it all the time and big screens really do poorly with me vs 2 smaller ones. I like my 4x DVI-I inputs :D

Please excuse the mess.....firstly i don't care to keep things 100% perfect, but i am about 2 weeks from moving from my apt to a house, and i am packing and i have stuff literally EVERYWHERE!! I am stacking, organizing and getting everything set as much as possible on this end....because it's not fun looking for things on the other end. I have moved 29 times, and it couldn't suck more to go through every box for something critical and simple.....a cable to plug your computer in:p, or looking for a phone charger. SO please excuse me....

The tv is a 61" 1080p DLP. You can't see the PS3, 360, and Wii hooked up because they are unhooked and in that giant-ass box right in front of the tv.

monitors are Samsung T260's x3. (26"x3) and the TV is hooked up so i can surf the web from the couch or watch movies/whatever from my couch. Excuse the stickers still on them, i hooked them up 2 days ago and i still have the giant mound of packing material from all three of these beasts. I also have 2 22" Westys that just got replaced, that no longer have a home.

When i move i will have a computer room....so i don't know what i am going to do about hooking my computer to my TV, but i am getting a Galant from Ikea. I have been eyeballing this for years, and as you can tell, i don't have the room for it in my current living room. A folding table was the best i could do to save space for now.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

pickxx do you have hd cable? what resolution do you get?

i have directv hd, and a 720p hd tv. i use 720p, my can go up to 1080i. no 1080p is available anywhere, as far as i know.

img3357kl6.jpg

I love it. my friend is staying with me so wires are everywhere and his xbox is on table.

That is two hanns-g hg216d, white macbook hooked up to external display, two xbox 360s, and two astro gaming a40 limited headsets (got mine for free :D )

Life is good hehe, finally got a job so now shit is just getting better (I'm 17)

img3359ul0.jpg

I love it. my friend is staying with me so wires are everywhere and his xbox is on table.

That is two hanns-g hg216d, white macbook hooked up to external display, two xbox 360s, and two astro gaming a40 limited headsets (got mine for free :D )

Life is good hehe, finally got a job so now shit is just getting better (I'm 17)

I used to have the same desk! :D

If the monitors have USB ports on them you can plug them into each other via USB to USB cables, you can do this all the way up to 6-7 monitors, and they can be configured independently.

If the monitors have USB ports on them you can plug them into each other via USB to USB cables, you can do this all the way up to 6-7 monitors, and they can be configured independently.

Very few monitors have the ability to be run over USB, and the USB interface certainly can't provide enough bandwidth to daisy-chain monitors, let alone 6 or 7 of them. Bit-tech recently did a review of a monitor which had that capability, and there were bandwidth issues with even a single monitor over USB.

AndréRocha;1032816377 said:
pickxx do you have hd cable? what resolution do you get?

i have directv hd, and a 720p hd tv. i use 720p, my can go up to 1080i. no 1080p is available anywhere, as far as i know.

I have HD cable and most channels are in 1080i....and then my tv de-interlaces into 1080p.

Cable will be 1080i for a very long time, but with Blu-Ray and HD-DVD you can get higher res.....which isn't that noticeable for me. But using it as a huge computer monitor....it's CRITICAL!!

I dont remember....$3500 ish over 18months ago.

It would be much cheaper today.

that does look like a nice tv, what size is it ?

we have the pioneer elite pro-150fd 60' inch plasma. gave $6,500 back when it came out.
though, but i definitely think it was worth it. dealer gave me a little discount though because we bought other hardware too.

its the best tv i have ever seen in my life....anywhere to this day. i LOVEEE IT!

for those that read my other posts i finallly went and checked the reciept for. ive been saying i gave 8 grand. i was wrong we gave 6,500. it was 8 grand retail. dealer was getting it to display and show it off. didnt have any for sell yet but he said he would sell it to me.

here is where we bought everything. http://www.soundconcepts.info/splash.htm

awesome im sure i speak for both of us when i say another proud owner of a 60 inch. may not be the same brand and all that but having a 60 inch sweet or what ?! :D

awesome im sure i speak for both of us when i say another proud owner of a 60 inch. may not be the same brand and all that but having a 60 inch sweet or what ?! :D
heh it would be sweet but i'll settle for a 52 inch westy later this year (its 1500 now, can't wait for those deals later this year :D)

that does look like a nice tv, what size is it ?

we have the pioneer elite pro-150fd 60' inch plasma. gave $6,500 back when it came out.
though, but i definitely think it was worth it. dealer gave me a little discount though because we bought other hardware too.

its the best tv i have ever seen in my life....anywhere to this day. i LOVEEE IT!

for those that read my other posts i finallly went and checked the reciept for. ive been saying i gave 8 grand. i was wrong we gave 6,500. it was 8 grand retail. dealer was getting it to display and show it off. didnt have any for sell yet but he said he would sell it to me.

here is where we bought everything. http://www.soundconcepts.info/splash.htm

I have a DLP and i love it. For the price i paid (i work for a big blue retailer so i didn't pay retail) it was a 61" DLP or a 40" lcd entry level LCD.

I chose the DLP, and with games, movies, anything i love it.

But a pioneer plasma is as good as it gets....PERIOD. Well as far as 60"ers go. You can have HT setups with 4k $50,000 projo's. But it Pioneer plasmas, esp the Gen 8+ are insanely good.

when i bought my pioneer plasma it was the best tv out. i havent personally seen anything better yet but i have seen on the pioneer website that they now have a pro-151fd and i have the 150

Very few monitors have the ability to be run over USB, and the USB interface certainly can't provide enough bandwidth to daisy-chain monitors, let alone 6 or 7 of them. Bit-tech recently did a review of a monitor which had that capability, and there were bandwidth issues with even a single monitor over USB.

You see, I thought so to. I've never tried it but the video sure fooled me.

:eek:

yah normally but sometime if i tried new intensive game i will SLI but mostly the game i play is starcraft so.....

ah ok, see I did that with my 2x4870's in CF, but since the GTX280 dropped recently I decided to stick with that and just get a 9500gt to power my 2nd and 3rd LCD.

ah ok, see I did that with my 2x4870's in CF, but since the GTX280 dropped recently I decided to stick with that and just get a 9500gt to power my 2nd and 3rd LCD.
i think ati can use all 4 ports in crossfire but it is not an easy thing to enable with sli and doesn't work that way. oh well ;).

for the CF is it work just 2 ports (1card) or 4 ports (2cards) what i heard is only 2 ports tho
i had heard all 4 ports would work in crossfire, i dunno. thats what i've heard anyways. i guess i'll find out soon enough when i get my 4870x2 and cheap 3850 or so :D

i think ati can use all 4 ports in crossfire but it is not an easy thing to enable with sli and doesn't work that way. oh well ;).

Nope, you can only do dual monitors with crossfire, would be cool to use all four. I just done understand why its so hard to turn on this feature.

Nope, you can only do dual monitors with crossfire, would be cool to use all four. I just done understand why its so hard to turn on this feature.

Because of the way the technology works, only the outputs on the master card can be functional. The good thing is that Crossfire can be turned off through software, so you can have four monitors connected and just disable two of them when you want to play a game.

What a badass monkey holy crap. Nice Tablet and fish tank too haha. God I still want that Westy :(

Well, I have enough of your tidy, high-tech and other-then-computer-things free desks, so I present you mine!

dsc01961024ck2.jpg

On the left side is my pretty new NEC 2690 and on the right side a small grey box, which is actually an old Soviet B/W TV made in 1985 - still working (mostly as a "paper holder").

That crap of a mouse is just a backup piece until my programmable high-tech super and broken mouse returns from the service.

Just outside my window is a street lamp, so I have yellow windows to make it less annoying. Very fitting for Old Town of Prague :)I hope I'll move soon from this miserable place polluted with tourists...

Edit: It was impossible to take a proper photo of the place in the night, sice would I set the white ballance to light-tube (the monitor), the rest would look too reddish. And with flash... the place looked... well like taking photos with flash :) I could also take a photo during day, but it would not have the "yellow" atmosphere :)

how do you sit? everything is angled, but i cant figure out how you would sit there at that angle.

Back