• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

I don't think I've ever posted in here.
This is in my room!

desk.jpg

How do you keep it so clean?
 
Yes that is but I'm not hiding it. Its just got my camera to pc connector on it when i took the pic. Notice my 360 faceplate.

All I gotta' say is...go Twins. :D

And yeah, the speakers are ceiling mounted. Notice the coax guides holding down the speaker wire near the Z-5500 control pod. Also, I'm a neat/clean person, so that explains why there's nothing on my desk.
 
I'm particularly fond of using the old CRT monitor mobile tray for a laptop stand (to the right). I wouldn't have thought of that myself and I have a few of those...
 
dtess17 said:
Not so much true. Although magnets can indeed cause computer problem, you need very very strong ones. The average sub does not have the power to do anything to your hard drives.

QFT. Lots of people used to think that subs near your pc would damage hard drives but it has been known for a while now that it will not, you need much stronger magnets to do that. Some people still think this though, not sure why.

Yeah geniuses, cuz heavy vibrations aren't bad for hard drives.....:confused:

Not saying not to use a sub, but putting it right next to your pc or on your desk might not be the brightest of ideas.
 
Yup they are definitely the 2007FPs as they are not widescreen and are 1600x1200 native resolution :)

Awesome! I guess the angle of the shot made them look narrower than they actually are. How do you like the real estate? What are you using to drive them all?

BTW, this is the EXACT setup I've been saving to build for CAD drafting needs. What are you using your display array for?
 
Awesome! I guess the angle of the shot made them look narrower than they actually are. How do you like the real estate? What are you using to drive them all?

BTW, this is the EXACT setup I've been saving to build for CAD drafting needs. What are you using your display array for?

Using an 8800GTS to drive the 30" and a 7900GS to drive the 20"s. I work in game development and like to have visual studio open on a panel, MSDN on another, sometimes have Maya/XSI/Photoshop open on the main panel, but most of the time Visual Studio and running the game , etc.
 
my 1st posting, thought id share my latest setup. just moved into a new place, still working on getting everything setup properly.
my 1st attempt at a regular workstation + htpc type setup.
still working on connecting all the surround speakers, and covering up wires from the cats!

549358805


549358849


549358863


clearly i dont know how to post images.
 
no go on imageave. ill just do it when i get home, for like a week or 2 after registering i still couldnt post, and it finally worked, so i got all impatient at work lol.





 
i can't get this Synergy app working.... i dont understand the "links" and how to set them up right.........
 
i can't get this Synergy app working.... i dont understand the "links" and how to set them up right.........
You have to use the names of your computers.
You determine where the monitors are in relation to one another, and their respective heights. So in my setup (scroll up and find my post) the far left monitor is tied to one computer (Ronin) and the middle and right monitor is tied to another (Shogun). So I set two links, I first say that Ronin (0-100%) is to the left of Shogun (0-100%). What this means is that there is a direct relationship from Ronin to Shogun. I then do the reverse, Shogun is to the left of Ronin so that I can move the mouse back and forth. What this means is that while my mouse cursor is at the bottom of the screen on my left monitor and i move it right to the middle monitor, it'll still be at the bottom, just now in the middle monitor (and incidentally interacting with a different computer)

So lets say two monitors are not on even height, lets say the left monitor is elevated so that the only the bottom half of the left monitor over laps with the top half of the middle monitor. (hopefully you're still following this). You then set it to say Ronin (0-50%) is to the left of Shogun (50-100%). So that means, when im my mouse cursor is at the very bottom of the left monitor and I move it to the middle, the cursor will end up in the middle of the monitor (vertically speaking) rather than at the very bottom like in the previous case.

Does that kind of make sense?
 
Ok i must be doing something wrong here...here is my set up i have my main box (left) with dual LCD's and then on the right i have my laptop with an added CRT and theses at the settings i have on the laptop .......
Untitled-1.jpg

is there something settings i'm missing on my main?
 
Back
Top