• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Hey, how'd you do that green screen thingy with the photo?!!? I've been looking for software that does green screen type effects for videos and pictures...Can't find one or figure it out.(Not in Sony Vegas, photoshop not sure, and yeah..adobe premiere is fucking weird)
Icematt Siberia is what ideaphones they are... 10666 I think.
 
Yes sony vegas does do green screen.

first you put your picture in the top track.
then put your background image in the track below.
then stretch the image to fit.
now select the Video FX tab.
then go to chroma keyer.
then drag the greenscreen thing over the top track.
then check show mask only.
adjust to preference.
 
IMG_1962.JPG


IMG_1968r.jpg


I know I should move the right speaker from behind the monitor but to be honest I can't hear a difference from when it was next to the Viewsonic 19". The 2407 is a day old so I had to share...

IMG_1969r.jpg


These pics compared to most of yours make me realize I need a new camera.
 
edit: ^^

I love how Kyle has a hardy command of the fun and flavorful four lettered metaphors. :)

Wow, that works great! Everybody should have a greenscreen in their house! Makes up for the half of a table from the 60s! Wow, I just noticed the metal flaps for when the desk was connected to the other half are still there. Don't they cut you or get in the way or anything? I half expect rusty screws to be sticking out of that thing.

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/1598/greenscreenzs5.jpg

LOL.. too funny!
 
eh, just seems to be more detail in some others' pics but yeah its not too bad I guess. It's a Canon SD300 4MP.

Most people end up resizing their pictures anyway.. especially those of us with nice cameras.. even with a 6-8MP camera.. the pictures half to be chopped in half at least to be reasonable in regards to destroying the forum borders :)

www.kenrockwell.com great site about photography, been in the business for a long long time, and he explains that if you think your pictures are bad.. you simply need to learn to use your camera better :) he compares a 150$ camera to a 3000$ one.. you would be surprised.
 
Ratfester, what dell monitor is that? Is it the 2007wfp?

Edit: I didn't see your sentence between your pics. Thanks catalyst.
 
small update

currently...since 2 weeks ago

desktop_2007_04_13a.jpg

Who is that gracing your desktop? Source?

EDIT:

Just nabbed myself 2 more LCDs on ebay, so sometime next week (when they arrive) I'll be re-arranging to something like this;

maor_monitors.jpg


The two in the middle are the matching 15" LG L1510S Flatrons which I've got already, one on the right will be a 17" NEC MultiSync 1760VM the one on the left will be a cheapo 15"-er . Macbook in the middle. It's going to be a looooong day of hardware moving...
 
Synergy my friend. It's essential for any multi computer setup. (Unless you already use it and are just showing off your dedicated peripherals, which are quite nice)

I've used it but I play games too much for me to use it because when I move the mouse to do a 180 turn or fly a plane/heli it would go to the other computer and overall just gets in the way. And my main gaming machine isn't on all the time but my file server is. I have my file server use both monitors (via vga) and my maing gaming rig uses the 24.

Seems to be a lot of people from Portland on here. Saw the mousepad. Yep I work for the FBI, it's what I do.

Not from Portland, but my friends and I make the drive up regularly for that lan.

Who is that gracing your desktop? Source?

Natalie Portman 1.09mb I've edited the original to have a uniform background and be suitable for 1920x1200 landscap and portrait mode.
 
Just got a new desk yesterday (clearanced @ Staples) and just got done setting everything back up. I bought a new house last November and my "office" is in the unfinished basement.

This morning...

IMG_7711.jpg


Now...

IMG_7717.jpg


I know some of you guys will comment about wires/laundry machine/walls etc but this is temporary, until we finish our basement. I'll get a nicer desk later on as well.
 
I love that "unfinished" or "industrial" look. My home is a big loft and I've got my office all set up here.
 
Thanks,

Yeah I'm amazed I've been able to keep this setup as tidy as it is. Though I certainly still need to clean up some of the cables (there's lots of them to go around).
 
I've used it but I play games too much for me to use it because when I move the mouse to do a 180 turn or fly a plane/heli it would go to the other computer and overall just gets in the way. And my main gaming machine isn't on all the time but my file server is. I have my file server use both monitors (via vga) and my maing gaming rig uses the 24.
Well here's a solution: use synergy server on the file server, use a direct usb or gigabit connection between the computers (so there's little to no lag), and then use synergy in locked to each screen mode (bind a key combination to toggle the lock). Then all you need to do is create the following set of rules for movement: to the right of one of the screens is the other, and to the right of that other screen is the next. Then make another key that switches the mouse to the screen to the right. This will allow you to switch between screens by one button press while keeping you only on that computer (no accidental wondering to the next in your games). I have a configuration that works for 3 computers and you can make one that works for 4 in the same manner if you want I can help you.
 
Nice! Looks like you've got an IKEA Galant as the main desk. I have a Galant setup, too. Great idea with that shelf on the left. What kinda speakers do you have?

The Galant is perfect for my needs :)

My speakers are Dahlquist QX10A (towers, front main and rear surround) and a QX60CA for the center channel.
These are powered from an AMC 150W x 5 channel power amp (under the desk) and I use an Arcam AVR200 for processing duties. Subwoofer is a HSU STF-3 12".

I'm currently waiting for M-Audio to get their butts in gear so I can start using my Delta 1010 sound card with Vista. I'm getting by with on-board sound at the moment, but I'm really missing not being able to use the Delta.
 
Where did you get that little side desk that is holding you computer.
I have been trying to find something like that and cant find it anywhere

Looks like it is not separated but actually part of the desk.
 
Back
Top