• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

P1010080__Medium_.JPG



an updated picture with my new Klipsch THX Pro 2.1's thanks to the wife :)

it seems like my monitors are only level when im not taking a picture
 
Most guys whack it, except those religiously inclined.

He just decided not to hide it.
 
I do alot of gaming with it and I really like it. I sit about 3.5 feet from the screen and it fits perfectly in my field of vision so all I move are my eyes. I dont regret buying this monitor at all
yeh....same here....great lcd....should i go buy another one to run with ultramon?
lol...j/k
 
Having all these half naked ladies and a bottle of lubriderm on your desk is a sure sign.

i also love the p160
Yes, people, I have alot of half naked ladies around. :rolleyes: I like the art and my wife loves the tapestry art that I came up with. I like Luis Royo alot. I have one of his numbered arts on the desk.
My wife knows I like boobs, shes got large boobs and I play with them constantly so she doesnt mind :D
Yes, I am a male, I whack it sometimes.... but then my wife whacks for me sometimes also, so all is right in the world.
The lubriderm is for what I said its for, I dont whack at the computer, I save that for the bedroom or the occasional shower. So can we get back to everyones cool setups? heh

I love my P-160WF also, its been my best case so far.
 
Just got my Ikea Jerker! Was on sale for $100 so I decided to pick it up. :)

I love this desk and if anyone is looking for a new desk and lives near an Ikea store, pick it up! They are on sale. :)

That's odd, I just bought a Jerker at IKEA for my wife, also on sale for $99. But it looks nothing like the desk in your picture. Her's is a full rectangle, doesn't have the gut cut-out. Maybe that's a new design?

I have a Galant setup in my office. I had been looking for a new desk for about two years, I had this vision in my head of what it should look like, but all of the "regular" places like office stores and home furniture stores had nothing but cheap, tiny, crap. Then I went to IKEA and found the Galant, and it was as if someone had read my mind. Bought it and matching Billy bookcases, couldn't be happier with it.
 
That's odd, I just bought a Jerker at IKEA for my wife, also on sale for $99. But it looks nothing like the desk in your picture. Her's is a full rectangle, doesn't have the gut cut-out. Maybe that's a new design?

I have a Galant setup in my office. I had been looking for a new desk for about two years, I had this vision in my head of what it should look like, but all of the "regular" places like office stores and home furniture stores had nothing but cheap, tiny, crap. Then I went to IKEA and found the Galant, and it was as if someone had read my mind. Bought it and matching Billy bookcases, couldn't be happier with it.

pic of galant?
 
Just got back at dorm from winter break.

roomar8.jpg


probably should clean up some of papers and stuff lol
 
That's odd, I just bought a Jerker at IKEA for my wife, also on sale for $99. But it looks nothing like the desk in your picture. Her's is a full rectangle, doesn't have the gut cut-out. Maybe that's a new design?

I have a Galant setup in my office. I had been looking for a new desk for about two years, I had this vision in my head of what it should look like, but all of the "regular" places like office stores and home furniture stores had nothing but cheap, tiny, crap. Then I went to IKEA and found the Galant, and it was as if someone had read my mind. Bought it and matching Billy bookcases, couldn't be happier with it.

IKEA Galant FTW! I love mine, i'll be posting some new pics here shortly.
 
pic of galant?

Here are the Billy Bookcases, totally customizable with shelves, doors, corner units, etc.

Galant-Desk-01-resize.jpg


And here is the Galant Desk, also totally customizable. You can go rectangle top, or corner top like I did, and specify left or right. You can add extentions like I did, and you can choose "A" frame legs or "T" legs. The PC in the Lower left is my old P4 3.4GHZ, and it's sitting in a PC frame that attaches to the underside of the Galant, and I bought it 4 months after the desk. Also not seen are cable management trays that attached under the desk, also purchased several months later. Basically the point I'm getting at is that it is totally customizable, and you can keep tweaking it later on.

Galant-Desk-03-resize.jpg
 
Here are the Billy Bookcases, totally customizable with shelves, doors, corner units, etc.

http://jethroxp.shackspace.com/forum/Galant-Desk-01-resize.jpg

And here is the Galant Desk, also totally customizable. You can go rectangle top, or corner top like I did, and specify left or right. You can add extentions like I did, and you can choose "A" frame legs or "T" legs. The PC in the Lower left is my old P4 3.4GHZ, and it's sitting in a PC frame that attaches to the underside of the Galant, and I bought it 4 months after the desk. Also not seen are cable management trays that attached under the desk, also purchased several months later. Basically the point I'm getting at is that it is totally customizable, and you can keep tweaking it later on.

http://jethroxp.shackspace.com/forum/Galant-Desk-03-resize.jpg

Is that one of them orange Zune on your desk?
 
Here are the Billy Bookcases, totally customizable with shelves, doors, corner units, etc.

http://jethroxp.shackspace.com/forum/Galant-Desk-01-resize.jpg

And here is the Galant Desk, also totally customizable. You can go rectangle top, or corner top like I did, and specify left or right. You can add extentions like I did, and you can choose "A" frame legs or "T" legs. The PC in the Lower left is my old P4 3.4GHZ, and it's sitting in a PC frame that attaches to the underside of the Galant, and I bought it 4 months after the desk. Also not seen are cable management trays that attached under the desk, also purchased several months later. Basically the point I'm getting at is that it is totally customizable, and you can keep tweaking it later on.

http://jethroxp.shackspace.com/forum/Galant-Desk-03-resize.jpg


GO NAVY!!

I went to the Academy
 
Anyone know of the design specs to that Ikea Galant? Sounds like a welding project for my dad and I. Plus that design could use a hardwood top.
 
Is that one of them orange Zune on your desk?

Yes, indeed it is.

Looks to be.. I want to know how he got it.

I work for Microsoft, I'm on the Xbox Live team, and I helped to develop the Zune Music Store, so the company gave all of us involved in the project a free Zune. We had our choice of Pink or Orange. You can see more pictures here:

http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MjI0NzEsLCxobmV3cywsLDE=

GO NAVY!!

I went to the Academy

BEAT NAVY! I went to the Academy too, class of '94 ;)

jethro xp, I like the clean/classy setup nice job man.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. Of course I can only take partial credit. My wife "motivates" me to keep it tidy.

Anyone know of the design specs to that Ikea Galant? Sounds like a welding project for my dad and I. Plus that design could use a hardwood top.

Here is a link the IKEA page on the Galant series.
 
Account creation, billing operations, and usage reporting. Nothing "sexy" but all pretty critical to the business side of things.

call me stupid, but which components did you use to construct the computer tray? Is it attached to the desk or is it just a slab of wood on the floor?
 
call me stupid, but which components did you use to construct the computer tray? Is it attached to the desk or is it just a slab of wood on the floor?

The picture is at a bad angle to show it, but the PC is actually hanging about 5 inches off the ground, above that piece of wood. I used to have it sitting on the wood just to keep it off the carpet, and after I install the PC holder just left the wood there. The PC holder itself is the Sumera from IKEA. It can mount onto a desktop, to the side of the frame, or in my case, to the underside of the desk frame. You litterally slide it on to the Galant frame and screw in two bolts to secure it. Took me all of 5 minutes.

When I get home tonight, I'll take a better picture to show how the PC holder attaches to the frame.
 
You went from a CRT to a 37" Westy?

Damn.

Personally I went from a 19" CRT to dual 19" LCD's. =]
 
i love this thread hehe. anyone got any ideas on which lcd i should buy?
i want a good lcd but i dont want to spend a TON of money....i mean i understand good lcds arent usually cheap but im not a billionaire...but if i was...damn
 
i love this thread hehe. anyone got any ideas on which lcd i should buy?
i want a good lcd but i dont want to spend a TON of money....i mean i understand good lcds arent usually cheap but im not a billionaire...but if i was...damn


This isint the "which LCD should I buy" thread.
 
So I just got a new desk and got everything together.

The middle monitor is a 22" at 1680z1050, the crt on the left is a 17" running at 1600x1200, and the laptop at the right is beign used as a third display, and a remotely controlled laptop through Maxivista. The res on it is 1200x800.

44loksp.jpg


2vvtk5c.jpg


4bzunhh.jpg
 
Yes, people, I have alot of half naked ladies around. :rolleyes: I like the art and my wife loves the tapestry art that I came up with. I like Luis Royo alot. I have one of his numbered arts on the desk.
My wife knows I like boobs, shes got large boobs and I play with them constantly so she doesnt mind :D
Yes, I am a male, I whack it sometimes.... but then my wife whacks for me sometimes also, so all is right in the world.
The lubriderm is for what I said its for, I dont whack at the computer, I save that for the bedroom or the occasional shower. So can we get back to everyones cool setups? heh

I love my P-160WF also, its been my best case so far.

LOL! u just crushed any stupid comments that were waiting in the wings.
Good job my friend. :D
 
The picture is at a bad angle to show it, but the PC is actually hanging about 5 inches off the ground, above that piece of wood. I used to have it sitting on the wood just to keep it off the carpet, and after I install the PC holder just left the wood there. The PC holder itself is the Sumera from IKEA. It can mount onto a desktop, to the side of the frame, or in my case, to the underside of the desk frame. You litterally slide it on to the Galant frame and screw in two bolts to secure it. Took me all of 5 minutes.

When I get home tonight, I'll take a better picture to show how the PC holder attaches to the frame.

Photos, as promised:

Here is the bottom side of the Summera PC holder, clearly keeping the PC off the carpet.
Galant-Desk-PC-Holder-01.jpg


Here is the top side. You can see the mounting hardware, and in the background you can see the cable management trays I mentioned before.
Galant-Desk-PC-Holder-02.jpg


Another look at the mounting brackets. They just slide over the frame (there is a small gap between the top of the frame and the bottom of the table), though on the rear one I needed a rubber mallet to position it where I wanted it. The nylon strap came with it.
Galant-Desk-PC-Holder-03.jpg


A better shot of the cable management trays. And you can see my networking gear mounted under the desk to remove clutter from my desktop.
Galant-Desk-PC-Holder-04.jpg


And another shot of the networking gear. I just used zip ties, pulled them tight, and that keeps my Switch, router, and cable modem nice and secure under the desk.
Galant-Desk-PC-Holder-05.jpg
 
very nice cabling there... if i didnt have a glass desk, i would have tried that out... :rolleyes:
 
this is my boring lcd setup~~

I prefer the dell 2007wfp~~but at that time it was out of store~~

so i chose viewpic 2025 instead~~

it looks little square~~

anyway~~the color of this lcd is not too bad~~and if you are familiar with it~~you might find it looks pretty~~

P1153013_RktkRR7pZjBz.jpg
 
Speakers:

Are those the old 4 satellites with a sub creative speakers? I think they were just cambridge creative live speakers? I still have those myself. They are hooked up to my HTPC right now until I get a decent 5.1 surround sound system.
 
My LCD is one of my weaker points (audio is obviously one of my stronger). Planning on going to a 37-42 inch LCD and then using the 22" Chi Mei with my laptop as a backup computer.

SNC10424.JPG
 
Are those the old 4 satellites with a sub creative speakers? I think they were just cambridge creative live speakers? I still have those myself. They are hooked up to my HTPC right now until I get a decent 5.1 surround sound system.

The front and surround speakers are Cambridge FPS1000 Four Point Surround Satellites. The centre channel and subwoofer\amp are from the Creative Inspire 5300 5.1 system. I have calibrated everything in the THX setup panel through the X-fi drivers to even out the sound field.
 
Back
Top