• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Just updated my tv for the ps3/laptop, the lg 32" is now downstairs, got this Sony Bravia 32" which brings the colour out more on movies/games,
Just gonna wait until march and get a 1080p tv.
ps3s.jpg
 
Rash said:
Just updated my tv for the ps3/laptop, the lg 32" is now downstairs, got this Sony Bravia 32" which brings the colour out more on movies/games,
Just gonna wait until march and get a 1080p tv.
Do you work for Sony? Subliminal advertisement everywhere! Killing my Microsoft loving and Nintendo loving cells, ah! Run For Your Lifes!
lol j/k
 
This is my setup that includes a 20.1inch Viewsonic LCD wall mounted and a 17inch Dell LCD mounted on a swing arm. My Insprion 6000 in the middle and the G15 keyboard. I also have synergy running so I can use my G15 keyboard and mouse to control all my systems.

 
boomheadshot45 said:
Do you work for Sony? Subliminal advertisement everywhere! Killing my Microsoft loving and Nintendo loving cells, ah! Run For Your Lifes!
lol j/k
Wait untill you see my rig after christmas with the psp and a vaio ux50, a ps3 remote and an extra controller lol
 
teamlockdown said:
This is my setup that includes a 20.1inch Viewsonic LCD wall mounted and a 17inch Dell LCD mounted on a swing arm. My Insprion 6000 in the middle and the G15 keyboard. I also have synergy running so I can use my G15 keyboard and mouse to control all my systems.

nice :D

synergy owns...I use it as well -- three computers...and one keyboard / mouse ftw
 
teamlockdown said:
This is my setup that includes a 20.1inch Viewsonic LCD wall mounted and a 17inch Dell LCD mounted on a swing arm. My Insprion 6000 in the middle and the G15 keyboard. I also have synergy running so I can use my G15 keyboard and mouse to control all my systems.

what did you use to mount the viewsonic to the wall?
 
towert7 said:
I'de wager most people who live in Mexico.
people in brazil are begining to move from 15's lcds to 17inches. here in the states its 24" +.
 
thelastdrone said:
wootep4.jpg

My first LCD ... so cool :D
i have that same case, i decided against in buying an alluminium case worth +- $200, for this one. why? because it looks just as good.
 
miskari said:
gotta love those dual LG's

I am used to mine now. I had dual 19" Samsung CRT's running 1600x1200 on each, and it took a few days to get used to the lower res of the 19" Wide LCD's.
 
Originally Posted by Rash
Just updated my tv for the ps3/laptop, the lg 32" is now downstairs, got this Sony Bravia 32" which brings the colour out more on movies/games,
Just gonna wait until march and get a 1080p tv.

About the LG TV, do you mean the LG 32LC2D which can be found here:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/B000FL99DS/ref=cm_cr_dp_pt/002-0761914-9510450?ie=UTF8&n=172282&s=electronics
B'cuz if it is, I have the same TV and it succed for my gamecube which uses the RWY cables, switched to s-video, it sucked even more for some strange reason. The pictures gets VERY pixilated.

Do you think this will get solved if i bought the Wii?? Currently, I sold the TV to my brother and planning to get a CRT TV, since I discovered that they have the best quality.

Anyways, soon I will post pics of my new LCD screen + the LCD TV. Later will post some of my new CRT TV since they're the cheapest and have the best quality.
Ofcourse, I don't care much about size since I have a big space for my TV area.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
SC385 said:
what did you use to mount the viewsonic to the wall?

I used a mount that I purchased off ebay. If cost around $18 for it. The 17inch is also mounted on a swing arm from a ebay purchase. If you want information were to get them pm and I will give ya the link.

Yeah the G15 is sweet. I got it and I have it set up with MM5 so I can check load temps when playing games. Also when trying to keep time because when I start playing CS or BF2 I can lose track of time really easy. :p

Also and update I just order another LCD off ebay. Its a Dell 15inch and im hoping to mount it up in the right corner above my rig as a third display. I need something small so I can display 2 images im working on in photoshop. It will be the secound monitor with the 20.1 viewsonic.
 
Dameem said:
About the LG TV, do you mean the LG 32LC2D which can be found here:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/B000FL99DS/ref=cm_cr_dp_pt/002-0761914-9510450?ie=UTF8&n=172282&s=electronics
B'cuz if it is, I have the same TV and it succed for my gamecube which uses the RWY cables, switched to s-video, it sucked even more for some strange reason. The pictures gets VERY pixilated.

Do you think this will get solved if i bought the Wii?? Currently, I sold the TV to my brother and planning to get a CRT TV, since I discovered that they have the best quality.

Anyways, soon I will post pics of my new LCD screen + the LCD TV. Later will post some of my new CRT TV since they're the cheapest and have the best quality.
Ofcourse, I don't care much about size since I have a big space for my TV area.
My LG is the previous model, You made a big mistake selling the LG, the standard cables and svideo look shite for gaming on an lcd. WHat you need is the component cable for the Wii, (not sure if there is one for the gamecube) using the cables you mentioned only look better on a crt tv. what you need to do is read up on tv resolutions and the cables that support those resolutions. read up on 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p. the LG you had would do all those mentioned apart from 1080p. Most crt tvs do not have a high resolution (there are a few high def ones out there but not many). If you can get a wii or have access to a ps2/xbox with component then try a few games out at 480p+ and a guaruntee you they will look far better/crisper on the lcd. IMO the LG 32" is a very good tv for gaming but im a SONY Whore!
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
JVC said:
i have that same case, i decided against in buying an alluminium case worth +- $200, for this one. why? because it looks just as good.
I'm about to build my second system using that case. It is really nice looking and I got one from ZZF with a 380 watt ps for $85
 
@Rash
Thanks, you made everything clear now. I know I don't need more than 480P B'cuz thats the maximum the wii can hold and the LG TV has a maximum of 720P. Althogh it does make a huge difference for my
receiver which uses an s-video input. My brother has an CRT TV and it looks soo much clearer on his.

This guy http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1131998
has a picture of Wii using component, I can't believe the clarity of the zoomed in text compared to my gamecube, although this guy doesn't mentions whether he's using an LCD or not.

Googeled the model number and came up whith nothing, will drop a post and ask. Cheers.
 
Dameem said:
@Rash
Thanks, you made everything clear now. I know I don't need more than 480P B'cuz thats the maximum the wii can hold and the LG TV has a maximum of 720P. Althogh it does make a huge difference for my
receiver which uses an s-video input. My brother has an CRT TV and it looks soo much clearer on his.

This guy http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1131998
has a picture of Wii using component, I can't believe the clarity of the zoomed in text compared to my gamecube, although this guy doesn't mentions whether he's using an LCD or not.

Googeled the model number and came up whith nothing, will drop a post and ask. Cheers.
No Probs, im telling you now though, there is no contest between a crt using svideo/composite and an LG LCD TV using component, the LG will definately look far superior using the correct cables. I belive the guy in the link is using a 22" gateway LCD Monitor, although personally i think his camera shots are awful.
Take a lookat post 19 below and see a true comparison between 480i and 480p
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1080345
 
New early x-mas present...you should have seen my friends face when my GF brought it in tonight.!!!! SWEET!
Picture012.jpg

Picture011.jpg
 
sabregen said:
New early x-mas present...you should have seen my friends face when my GF brought it in tonight.!!!! SWEET!
Nice!

Does your GF have a rich sister?
tongue.gif
 
no link on the stands. I got them about 6 years ago. Cerative rear speaker stands with monitor base plate. I can't find a damn thing on them now. Got them from CompUSA in 1999.
 
these Westinghouse's have powerful colors, and, they don't cost that much... huhmmmmmm!
 
37, wish i had the 42... it's getting smaller every day

it gets hard to read the text since it's too small from where im sitting about 6 feet away
 
Cesium said:
37, wish i had the 42... it's getting smaller every day

it gets hard to read the text since it's too small from where im sitting about 6 feet away
still sweet. haha what a nice dorm setup :D
 
Sweet! That's what they were called. I love them to death. I don't think I'll ever sell them. I am updating my sig.

TimKLL said:
I know this is a "Displays" forum and I'm not trying to hijack a thread but wanted to respond to sabregen and BrinNutz:

The speaker arm thing is a Creative Surround Station - http://www.hardware-one.com/reviews.asp?aid=42&page=1

I looked for one because I couldn't mount my SS speakers permanently behind me. Ended up doing this: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1028916867#post1028916867

Cheers!
 
haha thanks

not showing are some klipsch rs-25's, and a soon to be bought either infinity csw-10 or SVS pb10-nsd subwoofer :D
 
Back
Top