• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show off your lidless CPU

Kermit said:
Unless I took a pic of the wrong chip... or labeled that pic incorrectly.. :D My appologies.
heh, it's ok. you might wanna find out the truth though, because the FX cores should look exactly like my opteron and newark (sans caps) ;)
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
heh, it's ok. you might wanna find out the truth though, because the FX cores should look exactly like my opteron and newark (sans caps) ;)

You are correct. I didnt label the picture correctly. Now I have to tear my system apart to take the right picture.. Damn you for noticing!!
 
Enjoicube said:
nope, not yet... of course if i do....
Hurry up and do it!

I have copper showing through the top of mine... acidentally tilted the blade wrong...

And another guy on this forum has an X2 3800+ that he cut off a bunch of the little IC's on top of the chip, and it still works fine.
 
yeah, im goin to work at it again tomorrow, it just wont budge, not one bit. any tips? this is the first one I have done.
 
Borgschulze said:
Hurry up and do it!

I have copper showing through the top of mine... acidentally tilted the blade wrong...

And another guy on this forum has an X2 3800+ that he cut off a bunch of the little IC's on top of the chip, and it still works fine.


Your Mileage May Vary


lol
 
Enjoicube said:
yeah, im goin to work at it again tomorrow, it just wont budge, not one bit. any tips? this is the first one I have done.


Use a hairdryer to heat it up.
Use an exacto (new blade) with the sharp end at the tip, not the side.
DO NOT use a sawing motion. Press firmly. Who here would like one of us to make a .wmv video on how its done? Would anyone get upset it we posted that here?
 
Enjoicube said:
yeah I wouold enjoy a video, I think my blade is too thick right now.

Ill make one tonight. It'll give me a reason to play with a movie making program.
 
lol, thats great, thanks a bunch, i really cant wait to get a 754 mobo and OC this sucka.
 
yeahhhhhh, ok....
I am goin to put the sempy 2800 in a lan comp. but I can't wait for the video...
 
Elysian said:
my living monstrosity

X23800Unlidded.jpg

x2 3800+ manchester

How the hell can you do that much damage and still have the thing run?!?
Now THAT is [H]ard!
 
Enjoicube said:
yeahhhhhh, ok....
I am goin to put the sempy 2800 in a lan comp. but I can't wait for the video...

Is it a 64-Bit Sempron? And what's the first two lines of the OPN?
 
D3v01D said:
How the hell can you do that much damage and still have the thing run?!?
Now THAT is [H]ard!


He should work for AMD QA department.. because.. THATS |H| Quality!

And someone get that thing some bandaids
 
Kermit, that EE core is fucking huge!! easily twice the size of my mobile 1.8-m
 
lithium726 said:
Kermit, that EE core is fucking huge!! easily twice the size of my mobile 1.8-m


yeah, apparently 2mb of L3 cache adds some girth to the core.
 
Enjoicube said:
seems that all p4 core are big, like 2 A64's
like i said, its at least double the size of my mobile 1.8-m, which is a northwood. only difference is that the EE has 2mb cache that this doesnt.
 
see the button that looks like a flower? it's macro. use it for closeup shots, you can focus on things much closer ;)
 
has ne1 tried what someone suggested in another thread? ...woot, totally vague reference. but neways, since the thermal paste between core and ihs is generally really messy, what kind of a difference would popping the ihs, cleaning up the goop, putting as5 on it, and putting the ihs back on make temp-wise? someone needs to try this :)
 
Soymilk said:
has ne1 tried what someone suggested in another thread? ...woot, totally vague reference. but neways, since the thermal paste between core and ihs is generally really messy, what kind of a difference would popping the ihs, cleaning up the goop, putting as5 on it, and putting the ihs back on make temp-wise? someone needs to try this :)
What? Go to all that trouble to get it off without ruining your expensive chip and then place the very thing that is the bane of your overclocking existence back on? No. I think not, little kitty.
IHS = condoms for CPUs. It's for safety, not fun.
 
ok guys check this out...

my first a64.. a 3000+ newcastle.
newcastles.jpg



Here is my current affair, a 3800+ x2 manchester
manchesters.jpg



and... here is my (100% working heheh) newark core 3700+ that I am trying to sell.
newarks.jpg
 
Yashu said:
and... here is my (100% working heheh) newark core 3700+ that I am trying to sell.
trying? it should take like a day to dissapear, if that :p
 
I had a couple bites but no go yet.

one guy told me I did not have enough "heat"... I don't know exactly what he meant. but there it is waiting for a new home.
 
Back
Top