wtburnette
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Jun 24, 2004
- Messages
- 3,580
No.. Free market works best here.
Not always. When all or most employers
Your free to find a new job. I would do so under those circumstances.
THIS.
I would only add that GOOD IT professionals need no help getting what they want in an employment relationship. Those that can't, shouldn't. People need to realize that THEY control what happens in their working relationship, not anyone else. The minute you decide to give that up by depending on Union to take care of that for you, you become a slave.
I'd like to think that most IT workers know the potential evils of a union enough to stay away.
I agree about not needing or wanting a union, however, I agree with the article that something needs to be done. It's great to say "just find another job if you don't like the one you have", but when most employers are treating IT workers the same way, leaving isn't always an option. To me, after having been in this industry for the last 15 years, things just seem to be getting worse and worse. Longer hours with no increase in pay or OT, more work (due to attrition), more work sent overseas and more being treated like a typical cube dweller productivity puke...