• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Should I get TF2?

I saw this engineer yesterday putting teleporters on the tops of narrow flights of stairs and when i asked him why is he blocking the stairs he said thats a way to check for spys. I guess that could work but seems kind of annoying when trying to get up the stairs only to be teleported somewhere i don't want to be.

He's an idiot. Teleporters aren't an effective check for spies because teammates have to jump over them, too. Dispensers are a better way to do this...if they can't walk through the dispenser, kill them.
 
Bah, I got bored after 3 days.. It was very cool on the day I bought, but then I just lost interest.
Sort of felt the same way. It doesn't seem to have the same 'panache' that TFC did, which I used to play pretty frequently. I think a few of the simplifications made to get it right on the consoles ended up damaging the gameplay a bit for me.

It's a good game and all -- extremely well done, as is typical for Valve -- but it doesn't feel 'true'.
 
People who say Spies are useless obviously don't know how to play it, they are without a doubt, the most rewarding class to play once you get it down. If you master the backstab - sentry sap combo (have to be REALLY quick with your hand) you can take down a team's defense easily. Not to mention getting 3-4 backstabs in a row is the greatest feeling you can get in TF2 :p.
 
Spy's my favorite class and it's just the most fun class to play.

My record is 16 backstabs (wo0t!) and I just love it. I generally have to play engineer simply because too many people (like some in this thread) just aren't good at the game and don't use their head. Most will try to either camp like in CS or run around mindlessly like in Quake 3. Neither of those strategies works. You always need at least 1 engi to constantly move up the team by putting up teleporters, dispencers and a sentry to keep enemies back. If you play smart, it's just a really great game and all classes are awesome.

Also, there are TONS of custom maps outside of the 6-7 official ones. Lots of servers use them and many custom maps are great (some are TFC ports). Learn to play the game properly, use voice chat, use teamwork, and you'll have a whole lot of fun in TF2.
 
Spy's my favorite class and it's just the most fun class to play.

My record is 16 backstabs (wo0t!) and I just love it. I generally have to play engineer simply because too many people (like some in this thread) just aren't good at the game and don't use their head. Most will try to either camp like in CS or run around mindlessly like in Quake 3. Neither of those strategies works. You always need at least 1 engi to constantly move up the team by putting up teleporters, dispencers and a sentry to keep enemies back. If you play smart, it's just a really great game and all classes are awesome.

Also, there are TONS of custom maps outside of the 6-7 official ones. Lots of servers use them and many custom maps are great (some are TFC ports). Learn to play the game properly, use voice chat, use teamwork, and you'll have a whole lot of fun in TF2.

The Spy is the class that gets my adrenaline going the most, because at any second I could be found out and shot. Unfortunately, it's also one of the hardest classes to play, since you have to act like you don't want to stab people in the back, when you really, really do. It's a huge rush when you bag one. :D
It is really handy to have an engy teleporting people forward, and a dispenser can (sort of) substitute for a medic in a pinch. The sentry is good for defense and can keep a setback from turning into a lost point or capped flag.
There are a lot of custom maps. Unfortunately, I think a good percentage of them are crap. Valve needs to hold a mapping contest with some decent prizes, and then they can release the top 5 or 10 in a map pack. That way the people who complain that there aren't enough maps are satisfied, and Valve doesn't have to spend too much time making new ones.
 
I don't think the game actually comes with the real source SDK, it comes with the base content which is just files that TF2 has to have because it is shared from HL2, if that makes sence.

Well, not sure what ya mean by saying "real" but I believe it is the actual SDK. Im in process right now of making a TF2 map. Its got all the stuff Valve used to make TF2 and HL series as well as Portal and some other games. And then gives you links to download some other software to create your own stuff, be it a gun or a wall, man or beast. Id have to say its the real deal bro.

Yeah your right, I played another 2 hours and liked it more. Its way more fun when your team is talking, I wish I had some buddys to play it with regularly. I don't understand how to play a spy or a engineer, so far the classes I like are heavy and medic, medic more. Game is growing on me, the teamwork is pretty fantastic, just wish I had some peeps to play with. My steam ID: series939

My ingame name is [H]Saw. Im on the [H] members team (have no idea how I got invited though). Last time I looked, there was about 55 - 60 of us and oddly enough, A LOT of [H] TF2 players seem to play at the same time.

And Im sure, once you know the maps backwards and forwards, learn where the health packs are and extra ammo, not to mention the point being of said map...your excitment with TF2 will EXPLODE!!!!!

Wish I wasnt about to RMA my video card or I'd give you a time when I play so at least you know one person in there with ya :)
 
Well, not sure what ya mean by saying "real" but I believe it is the actual SDK. Im in process right now of making a TF2 map. Its got all the stuff Valve used to make TF2 and HL series as well as Portal and some other games. And then gives you links to download some other software to create your own stuff, be it a gun or a wall, man or beast. Id have to say its the real deal bro.



My ingame name is [H]Saw. Im on the [H] members team (have no idea how I got invited though). Last time I looked, there was about 55 - 60 of us and oddly enough, A LOT of [H] TF2 players seem to play at the same time.

And Im sure, once you know the maps backwards and forwards, learn where the health packs are and extra ammo, not to mention the point being of said map...your excitment with TF2 will EXPLODE!!!!!

Wish I wasnt about to RMA my video card or I'd give you a time when I play so at least you know one person in there with ya :)

My steam ID is series939 if you want to add me, I cant add you by [H]Saw

If you ship your evga card out today or on the weekend you should just ship it out monday instead since its hardly going to travel if you ship it today or tomorrow. If you ship it out monday you will probably get the new card back by wednesday of the following week.
 
Back
Top