Should I buy Diablo 3?

apologies for being sucked into pointlessness

Last edited:
Looks like im waiting 10 years then, not paying a dollar more for something thats not worth it lmao. With guild wars 2 coming out I'm in no rush to play a steaming pile of shit.

Plenty of my friends are going to be playing d2 with me cause they think d3 sucks too after playing the beta and being a blizzard fan boy before that. So i'll have plenty of people to run cow runs with, I'm sure i'm not the only one out there that thinks the game sucks anyways

Funny I have 2 friends that said the beta sucked as well. Their responses this whole week have been something along the lines of "yea I think the game will suck....but I will probably get it anyways"

Why?

Because me including most of their other friends are getting it. I didn't think the beta was anything that impressive compared to Diablo 2, but it was more of Diablo 2 gameplay wise which I want anyways and I always loved the Diablo storyline.

no I don't get your point

I was just answering your question quit being a lunatic

I assume that if someone posted in that forum asking if you bothered to watch some Intel panel you would say no my brother works for Intel so we like to play video games instead of sitting around watching that boring crap that comprises his work...that would be the analogy

You completely missed the point. You completely discounted my point because and I quote you "I don't need a lecture on that shit because I know some DB coder chick that works at blizzard"

That point is dumb. Seriously just because you know some employee that is one of hundreds of programmers at Blizzard suddenly makes you an expert on their corporate strategy?

Thanks for the lunatic remark as well. It is nice that you have to resort to personal attacks because you can't have a constructive argument.

apologies for being sucked into pointlessness

Last edited:
no. listen up.

I'm pointing out that even the people who are into this shit for their bread and butter don't get all crazy gung-ho like you do and that me, who occasionally hangs out with them, doesn't have any expert opinion so give it a fucking rest.

that's the point. you come across like a raving lunatic with more at stake in this thing than people personally and professionally invested in it. I didn't discount your point just stating that you might consider ratcheting the rhetoric down a few hundred notches and not post a response to every single person in the thread who posts an OPINION about a goddamn video game.

clear enough for you?

This is one of the how many topics on this subject. Seriously who cares how many times people post in this thread.

By the way I sorta find it ironic that you have 500 - 600 more posts than I do and you were only a member on this board for about 3 months longer than I was.

This is a forum about video games if you don't like to read peoples opinions on the game then there is the door and don't let it hit you on the way out.

Last edited:
they're actually super cool people

like frat house style magnitude parties :D

blizzard is right down the road from Spectrum so I suspect it'll be the real dudes not wall street execs

Cool about the devs being there, but I lol'ed when I saw "Blizzard Executives". Who the fuck cares about some random suits? :p

the executives are some of the original people.. Chris Metzen is an executive. He's a VP and hes probably one of the coolest people that work for Blizzard. Not to mention hes been their since Blizzard North and did some of the original artwork with their first games

Really? The only thing i could find that was somewhat interesting were the Dry Tortugas Fort Jefferson. What else is there to do in florida?

Depends where you are at. Florida is a big state, but Orlando has Seaworld/Disneyworld/St. Augustine/Space Center/Busch Gardens/Day trip to the Bahamas.

Funny I have 2 friends that said the beta sucked as well. Their responses this whole week have been something along the lines of "yea I think the game will suck....but I will probably get it anyways"

Why?

Because me including most of their other friends are getting it. I didn't think the beta was anything that impressive compared to Diablo 2, but it was more of Diablo 2 gameplay wise which I want anyways and I always loved the Diablo storyline.

There really are too few games to play with your friends nowadays. The scarcity of such products is the only reason i still play the shit pile called League of Legends. Once my friend told me he was getting D3, it was an easy decision. Of course i'll play a game with u buddy!

There really are too few games to play with your friends nowadays. The scarcity of such products is the only reason i still play the shit pile called League of Legends. Once my friend told me he was getting D3, it was an easy decision. Of course i'll play a game with u buddy!

Meh. I disagree about the too few games to play today. I mean when I was growing up the only games I remember playing with friends were games like Diablo 2/Starcraft/UT 2004. That was from like a period of 2000 to 2004.

Since 2004 to like 2008 (college) I played SupCom/Counterstrike Source/BF2:BF Bad Company/WoW/Arma/Guild Wars.

No it isn't. You have tip toed around the issue instead of defending your 4,000 computer. Like I said I doubt you are encoding Maya so why own a 4,000 computer? Seriously my upgrade 2 years ago was 500.

Hey buddy don't get so butt hurt, when someone pointed out that your waiting for it to drop to 40 dollars was ridiculous you came back with the "oh wow I just bought a house and shit".

No one cares that you bought a house, I own one too and housing is down about 3 percent year after year on the national average so the fact that you like to say that 20 dollars is relevant is bullshit. I make the same argument too when I know the game is going to drop down to 40 bucks, but just like everyone in the thread has said it won't have a price drop for a while.

20 dollars is shit. Seriously if you don't think the game is worth 60 bucks, which I cant think of a game that offers similar re playability, then come out and say you don't want to buy the game. Otherwise owning a computer that is 4,000 and saying you can't afford it at 60 is like saying you own the keys to a Ferrari but can't afford to track it. Just pointless.

Rinse, wash, repeat....get a new shtick little buddy. The Ferrari analogy and the whole computer use thing now has just become comical. I don't owe you an explanation because I don't answer to you and it has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's question as you continually keep trying to derail this thread. It's that simple, or are you just that dense? You were the one that brought up there being better ways of placing certain priorities in one's life, and I provided you with specific examples that pertain myself to provide context...and the whole not having the money thing, completely false. My Steam backlog is out-of-control and the time that I have to allocate to gaming is extremely limited, therefore my reasoning into not wanting to put $60 into D3.

With that being said, here' some reading material for you. There's still time to cancel your pre-order.

**flame shield activated**

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/05/14/5-reasons-torchlight-2-is-a-better-bang-for-your-buck-than-diablo-3/

I heard forbes is a great place for game reviews.

I also just spent over 35 bucks in ice alone this past weekend. Yay for Houston heat and BBQ cookoffs though! :D

/end thread derail

Go buy D3, I'm starting a barb tonight at 1:01 :cool:

disney world and spring break

comes immediately to mind

Ultra music festival is in Miami

Depends where you are at. Florida is a big state, but Orlando has Seaworld/Disneyworld/St. Augustine/Space Center/Busch Gardens/Day trip to the Bahamas.

I'll be in around the Kennedy space center (can't remember the name of that area) for a little over a week in December, and aside from touring NASA I didn't see that much to do. I don't think we're too far away from Orlando though, so i'm going to look into St Augustine/Busch Gardens. Checked out the Ultra Music Festival, and it looks like my timing is off for that one. Thanks!

/derail

Go buy D3, I'm starting a barb tonight at 1:01 :cool:

no you are not..the servers will be down the first day and starting with the second day the queue will be 2 to 6 hours (varies ,depending when you decide to log on).
Camping the starting screen is fun and entertaining.The game will start being playable next week...after the hype cools off a bit and after the masses will start bitching to blizzard to allow more ppl to join the servers hence the queue will get shorter......

...been there done that

no you are not..the servers will be down the first day and starting with the second day the queue will be 2 to 6 hours (varies ,depending when you decide to log on).
Camping the starting screen is fun and entertaining.The game will start being playable next week...after the hype cools off a bit and after the masses will start bitching to blizzard to allow more ppl to join the servers hence the queue will get shorter......

I am REALLLLLLLY hoping you are not correct.

Blizz should have their shit together with launches by now between WoW and SC2.

*hopes*!!

As someone who's never played DIablo or any Blizzard game, I would advise against it.

Rinse, wash, repeat....get a new shtick little buddy. The Ferrari analogy and the whole computer use thing now has just become comical. I don't owe you an explanation because I don't answer to you and it has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's question as you continually keep trying to derail this thread. It's that simple, or are you just that dense? You were the one that brought up there being better ways of placing certain priorities in one's life, and I provided you with specific examples that pertain myself to provide context...and the whole not having the money thing, completely false. My Steam backlog is out-of-control and the time that I have to allocate to gaming is extremely limited, therefore my reasoning into not wanting to put $60 into D3.

With that being said, here' some reading material for you. There's still time to cancel your pre-order.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/05/14/5-reasons-torchlight-2-is-a-better-bang-for-your-buck-than-diablo-3/

What a compelling argument. Not going to argue with anymore since you fail to address any of mine or the original poster who pointed out your hypocrisy.

I guess I will get the maximum value since I am buying both D3 AND TL2. Luckily, other than the Steam summer sale I don't have any other games on my horizon until Far Cry 3 in September. That gives me a quality summer to play both.

Cheers :)

Looks like im waiting 10 years then, not paying a dollar more for something thats not worth it lmao. With guild wars 2 coming out I'm in no rush to play a steaming pile of shit.

Plenty of my friends are going to be playing d2 with me cause they think d3 sucks too after playing the beta and being a blizzard fan boy before that. So i'll have plenty of people to run cow runs with, I'm sure i'm not the only one out there that thinks the game sucks anyways

You and mostly the other broke pirates. GW2 is the ultimate fecal heap. I have played the game and the thing is so unpolished it looks like it was something whipped up by an indy dev. The servers will be shut down within a year.

...been there done that

Source or related evidence? Otherwise you're coming in here with just another guestimation. For all you know, Blizzard has made extra accomodations for the first few weeks by having rented/purchased extra servers and increased their bandwidth.

You and mostly the other broke pirates. GW2 is the ultimate fecal heap. I have played the game and the thing is so unpolished it looks like it was something whipped up by an indy dev. The servers will be shut down within a year.

Am I missing something?

I'd take 3 things into account when deciding if D3 is right for you.

1. Are any of your friends going to play it
2. Do you have time and money to put in it
3. Play the beta do you like the game

If you say yes to all 3 then buy it. Else think about it more.

Am I missing something?

Probably the drugs he took, before making that post.
ultimate fecal heap.....
almost as bad as comparing diablo 3 to rage or duke nukem...... wait a minu....
I would hold off for a while. Just to make sure its not another duke nukem or rage or any other lacking game... see what others say about it.. then spend your money after you make sure its your kind of game. Me, I have no interest in it, never cared for top down games.

just gotta troll, dont we? you guys.....
hate all you want, I'm gonna have fun with my new game.

^^ how about the fact he claims the servers will be offline in less than a year? el oh el

Are GW1 servers still up? there's your answer.

You must have stayed a shitty hotel then. Seriously while not the fastest internet around almost every single hotel I have stayed at had good enough wifi to play games like Diablo 2/WoW. Fuck I used to run WoW on dial up back in the day with only aorund 300-400 MS latency.

And 3 weeks in Florida? Why would you game period? Florida is a huge tourist destination.

You assume that because I mentioned using the internet on my laptop that I didn't do anything fun? You seem to like making assumptions.

Source or related evidence? Otherwise you're coming in here with just another guestimation. For all you know, Blizzard has made extra accomodations for the first few weeks by having rented/purchased extra servers and increased their bandwidth.

supposedly the Asia servers are offline.. digital copies of the game were not being properly authorized :OX
EU servers just went down supposedly
yup. EU servers just went live and then tits-up in a matter of seconds. GG blizzard.

Hopefully by the time it gets to NA people won't be reporting these things >_<

a random post in a Diablo 3 thread on SD forums... "Diablo III just launched in Asia and Europe and my friends in neither area could log in... Blizzard servers failed ... so do not expect 100% guaranteed to be able to log in tonite when NA launches... "

just wait for all the N America (USA + Canada) to join and all the hell breaks loose

a random post in a Diablo 3 thread on SD forums... "Diablo III just launched in Asia and Europe and my friends in neither area could log in... Blizzard servers failed ... so do not expect 100% guaranteed to be able to log in tonite when NA launches... "

just wait for all the N America (USA + Canada) to join and all the hell breaks loose

Asia's servers were up within minutes and there were just a few lingering 12 error codes.

EU was down and is now up and stable no big deal.

NA will prolly crash and come back up shortly after but most likely not for long

Are those servers still down? Didn't think so. Sorry, your prediction saying something to the tune of "it will be days" before the servers are stable is just rubbish. Yeah, Asia and EU servers went down, but are they still down? For all you know, maybe the US is different.

Can you easily change what servers you're connecting to? If I get Diablo 3, I'd have a much better ping time to Asian servers than US ones, but my account is a US account.

Can you easily change what servers you're connecting to? If I get Diablo 3, I'd have a much better ping time to Asian servers than US ones, but my account is a US account.

I believe you can cross-realm but it's a different set of characters.

Am I the only one that has practically zero interest in this game? The only interest I really have is trying to understand what others are find so compelling. With other dreckware like Madden and CoD, I don't like it, but I at least get why others do.

Every gameplay video I watch is just spamming the same attacks at generic fantasy creatures and picking up the crap they drop. That literally seems to be it. I've never been into grinding games and, while I beat Diablo 2, I found it to be relatively boring and was sick of it by Act 3. There seems to be little in the way of story either. I have maybe 20 hours into Torchlight, mostly while traveling for work, and for $5 it was worth it as a distraction. Diablo 3 will be $50+ for years and I can't even play it on the road/train/plane.

After a brief stint with WoW (quit during the first expansion) and giving Starcraft 2 a shot (thoroughly average and, IMO, may set the RTS genre back years), I have lost all faith that Blizzard will make a game that *I* want to play. They release well-polished games that are meant to be accessible and enjoyed by the maximum number of people possible, but I find the whole "play it safe, print cash" attitude to be so disappointing. It's the same formulaic junk that wasn't particularly innovative a decade ago and I can't believe anyone thinks it stands up today as a "new release". Warcraft 3 and WoW did some things differently and I found them deep and enjoyable. WoW went backwards over time, but WC3 still stands up well today IMO.

Re-reading my post I see how negative it is and I really don't mean to be attacking anyone. I know this has been anticipated by many for years and I hope you all enjoy it. I guess I'm just frustrated that everyone around me is foaming at the mouth to play this and I'm going to be stuck playing games I like alone until they burn themselves out in a couple of months.

Back