Should I be mad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

machwireless

[H]ard|Gawd
ok my BF is building my rig and i had an AGP 9800 that i wanted to reuse since it is only a few months old. not once did he make the suggestion to go to PCI-E but here it is, he has a BFG 7800. Now im folding so i may overclock once in a while but now im stuck with this AGP mobo.

Should I be mad because he failed to advise me on getting the upgrade while he upgraded himself?

I dont see how you can be mad about it, after all, you even say yourself that you *wanted* to use your old 9800 because it was a few months old. Besides, theres some pretty fast AGP cards out there anyway, and who knows what may come out in the next gen cards.

but any other time he advises me on this stuff but i think he wanted the best vid card for himself and didnt want me to have it. u know how u men are tryin not to have ya girl up there with you.

shoot he built his rig from scratch but got me a koolance.

*pouting*

the 9800 is still a good card, and since its an agp card it shouldnt be a problem with the mobo youre getting

but its not a 7800.... but at least your 9800 will be better than my 9600

but i wanted PCI E when i bought the 9800 but my emachines is AGP. thats the only reason i got that card because i couldnt play sims 2 or COD without it.

i think i got suckered.

*major lip pokage out*

I don't think you got suckered, you wanted to keep your 9800 so there was no reason for him to suggest pci-e. Also the 9800 will be good for a while, wait until the next generation of ati cards come out in a few months, they are supposed to be sticking with agp as well as having pci-e variants.

but i am hearing people havin probs with the 9800 and BF2 and i cant remember if i have pro or XT.

i want the 7800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*kickin and screaming in the middle of my office*

Spill a full glass of milk all over his computer. That'll learn him.
disturbed.gif

Mister E said:
Spill a full glass of milk all over his computer. That'll learn him.
disturbed.gif
u tryin to get me shot with an m16 arent you? i can even bring my spit within 15 ft of his computer.

You know.. If your so damn caught up on whats inside your pc why dont you, like everyone else, who gets upset about not getting what they want in their pc, build it yourself ?

now seriously.. i dont see how having a very good card and not a bleeding edge card hurts you in anyway.. hell my best friend plays sims 2 on a 8500 in his laptop, and it runs okay.

Brent_Justice said:
you sound hot
CTFU ooooooooooooook i didnt know you could hear my font but it seems i tend to have that effect on people.

back on topic:

will i be okay tryin to play BF2 on the 9800?

Yes.. i dont see why not, their maybe driver related issues but i imagine they will be fixed soon.. i doubt any company in they business of providing ultra fast cards to gamers would allow a card to "miss behave" with a top of the line game.

seithon said:
You know.. If your so damn caught up on whats inside your pc why dont you, like everyone else, who gets upset about not getting what they want in their pc, build it yourself ?

now seriously.. i dont see how having a very good card and not a bleeding edge card hurts you in anyway.. hell my best friend plays sims 2 on a 8500 in his laptop, and it runs okay.
why should i build it when i have him?

geez hes not exactly a handy man, mechanic, or a chef so he has to be able to do something.

This is a bizarre thread.....ok, so make him cough up a PCI-E board....or maybe up your AGP to a 6600 or 6800.......or maybe just cough up on him..... or maybe, well I dont want to make anybody hotter????? ;)

machwireless said:
will i be okay tryin to play BF2 on the 9800?

well it won't explode out of your case severing your head or anything

you'll have to try out different in-game quality settings to find the highest playable setting

machwireless said:
why should i build it when i have him?

geez hes not exactly a handy man, mechanic, or a chef so he has to be able to do something.

well then stop complaining

either take control of the situation, or don't

if you say you have him to build it for you and you don't tell him how you want it, then you have no place to complain

that's just my opinion

Seriously..... think about a 6600GT. It comes in AGP and wont strain the budget or your existing system. It is a really nice card for the bucks. Games very well in HL2 and Farcry IMHO. :cool:

well at this point i have spent all the money for an AGP system. im debating a new mobo but i only paid 80 bucks for the one i got.

Sounds like an argument you should be having with him. Just threaten to take sex away for a few weeks. He will either kick you to the curb, or he will cave.

as long as i can game with no issue with the card and i dont have overclocking issues when i fold, i will be okay.

anyone think i have anything to worry about?

You can pull all high cept for texture filtering, put that on low, it's the lease image degrading feature you can turn on low and keep playability. All at a wonderous jaggerific 1024x768

You could problably play with texture filtering at high, but you will struggle hitting things.

Siciliano said:
You can pull all high cept for texture filtering, put that on low, it's the lease image degrading feature you can turn on low and keep playability. All at a wonderous jaggerific 1024x768

You could problably play with texture filtering at high, but you will struggle hitting things.

thanks for the advice. i think imma hold his 7800 hostage until i get something i want. its the only piece missing for his new rig

*bwahahahahahahahahahahaha*

Oh man, this isn't going to end up well. If my girl took my 7800, i'd be pretty pissed. lol good luck with that. ;)

bboynitrous said:
Oh man, this isn't going to end up well. If my girl took my 7800, i'd be pretty pissed. lol good luck with that. ;)
i bought the dang card with my dell biz account. and its getting shipped to me so he has to come through me to get it.

[H]ellbringer said:
You should be happy, because you have a higher numbered card. :D

9800 vs. 7800
i may be a girl but my name isnt paris hilton and i am far from blonde.

machwireless said:
ok my BF is building my rig and i had an AGP 9800 that i wanted to reuse since it is only a few months old. not once did he make the suggestion to go to PCI-E but here it is, he has a BFG 7800. Now im folding so i may overclock once in a while but now im stuck with this AGP mobo.

Should I be mad because he failed to advise me on getting the upgrade while he upgraded himself?

Are you asking us upgrade advice, or relationship advice?

Brent_Justice said:
you sound hot

99 Bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it to Brent......98 bottles of beer on the wall!

The 9800 does not suck. It was and still is a good card, but there is stuff much faster out there.

You can play Battlefield2 on your 9800, I do, and it's not too bad. Some detail has to be turned down, but, still very playable.

Don't be mad.

I build computers for my girlfriend (and her parents), and I always try to get them the best parts I can within the budget that they give me. I don't care if their stuff is better than mine - her Powerbook outspects my dinky iBook two to one, but it doesn't matter to me...

Plus, when I'm moving stuff from old computers to new ones, I tend to come across IM logs and emails from times when she was dating other people. Now that's interesting shit.

Back on the topic, though, did you SAY you wanted to keep the 9800? Or just think it and expect him to read your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back