Shipping Notifications

Discussion in 'nVidia Flavor' started by Comixbooks, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Montu

Montu [H]ard DCOTM x4

Probably because the top one is sucking in the hot air from below.

CoreStoffer likes this.
  2. Dayaks

Dayaks [H]ardness Supreme

Can’t compare a “turbo” which is a blower pile of garbage to this. But I agree I am surprised there are no heat pipes. It’s most likely fine if the person is leaving it stock. I wouldn’t expect anythibg magical if they bios mod, ect though.

3. Porter_

Porter_ [H]ardness Supreme

Agree with Dayaks, if you’re not planning on bios modding and shooting for the stars on overclock I’m sure the card is more than fine. I’d open it and try it out, if you see some throttling then try an aggressive fan profile. I don’t believe there’s THAT much more to gain on these cards with overclocking. Even cards with the best coolers might not boost particularly high (silicon lottery). Also be wary of the clocks some people report on forums. I’m not necessarily pointing the finger at anyone here on [H] but people will complete a single run of 3DMark, see the boost clock peak to 2185, then report that as their ‘stable overclock’ :D

4. jedolley

jedolley [H]ard|Gawd

So, I took the advice and opened it up... Was looking forward to taking her for a spin, but easily noticed that the backplate and the board were bent on the ends. While I'm sure it would work fine (at least initially), this is way too much money to spend for this kind of quality issues especially when I was already having doubts. Now I got to hit Newegg up and get back in the waiting line. :meh:

jNbzsIkl.jpg JKX7PKBl.jpg

mpgxsvcd, Armenius and cybereality like this.
  5. Maddness

Maddness Gawd

Wow, that looks nasty.

mpgxsvcd and Armenius like this.
  6. cybereality

cybereality 2[H]4U

Yeah, it would probably still work but that's unacceptable damage for the amount they cost.

mpgxsvcd and Armenius like this.
  7. Porter_

Porter_ [H]ardness Supreme

Well I wouldn’t have expected that. I’m all about function over form, but on a $1200 card I’d send that right back.

Armenius, xorbe and Dayaks like this.
  8. Dayaks

Dayaks [H]ardness Supreme

Hmmm I have the same card coming monday. Oh boy lol.

Armenius likes this.
  9. Chris_B

Chris_B [H]ardness Supreme

Looks like it was getting dryhumped by an elephant during shipping.

Armenius, jedolley and Dayaks like this.
  10. jedolley

jedolley [H]ard|Gawd

What makes matters worse is that Newegg can't guarantee me a refund. We'll see how this goes.

EDIT: They have since changed their stance and will honor the return for a refund.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Dayaks likes this.
  11. Chris_B

Chris_B [H]ardness Supreme

They better do, hardly your fault it either got fucked up in shipping or sent from the factory like that.

12. jedolley

jedolley [H]ard|Gawd

I think it was the factory. Both the shipping and retail box look fine. I had to take pictures of each.

13. mpgxsvcd

mpgxsvcd n00bie

Received the Gigabyte 2080 TI OC card from Amazon yesterday. The card is for a computer my son and I built. I lucked out and got the card for $1080 from Amazon because they were late shipping it. Card worked great and seemed to overclock well. For $1080 I think it is well worth the money. My son is gaming at 1440p @ 144 FPS and 4K @ 60 FPS.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bkRJ7P

Dayaks, cybereality, Montu and 3 others like this.
  14. Fixall

Fixall [H]ard|Gawd

Missed the FedEx guy yesterday so the wife worked from home today to make sure that didn't happen again, lol.

IMG_1940.jpg IMG_1941.jpg

Chimpee, heatlesssun, Dayaks and 7 others like this.
  15. Mylex

Mylex n00bie

Amazon has my Zotac 2080ti triple fan on the way. Ordered 10/8/18 set to arrive Monday. I said I was skipping this gen... Then couldn't fight the urge. Such a consumer.

Armenius, Montu, Dayaks and 3 others like this.
  16. cybereality

cybereality 2[H]4U

Great first post. Enjoy!

Armenius and Mylex like this.
  17. ManofGod

ManofGod [H]ardForum Junkie

Well, enjoy. :) I could never justify this expense since I hardly game anymore and have not done so in a long time.

Mylex and Maddness like this.
  18. Mylex

Mylex n00bie

Thanks, I was bitten by the bug last year. I was slumming it on console for a while then last year before they released Destiny 2 on PC I found a deal for an HP Omen with a 1080(1100 in july)... I opened it and puked at the terrible cable management power supply, temps and then the great deal turned into me gutting it then building my own.