ShadowBanned on Twitter Tool

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Are you shadowbanned on Twitter? Well, @HardOCP is not, but are you? This handy little tool, that has its source code posted for those of you that like to see behind the curtain, may open your eyes to what Twitter does, or does not do to your favorite Twitter account.

Interesting. I didn't know this was a thing. First time I've heard the term.

My account is not shadowbanned, but I just about never use it, so that's not unexpected.

You're unlikely to be shadowbanned unless you're a mid/upper mid level right winger.

1. They don't bother with the small fish
2. They just straight up ban the big fish when they can (Milo, Roger Stone, now Elfwyck, etc)

Interesting. I didn't know this was a thing. First time I've heard the term.

My account is not shadowbanned, but I just about never use it, so that's not unexpected.

It's common in many realms. The idea is that banning someone will just cause them to come back with a different account, so it's like whack-a-mole. The shadowban counters this by limiting their visibility / what they see / etc .. thus, they don't know they're banned and don't create a new account. It's like a digital jail.

Same is used for some games where they'll put cheaters into a special server (but I assume they notice) / group. Ideally, someday, we may have the right AI that can simulate 12 year olds cussing your mother to isolate cheaters into their own digital universe without ever knowing.

You're unlikely to be shadowbanned unless you're a mid/upper mid level right winger.

1. They don't bother with the small fish
2. They just straight up ban the big fish when they can (Milo, Roger Stone, now Elfwyck, etc)
There's some other ways too. If you trigger certain keywords that Twitter watches out for but don't get the warning from them, you can get shadowbanned. If you trigger certain keywords directed at a blue checkmark, you can get shadowbanned. There are exceptions to the rule. For example you can swear all you want at Dana Loesch which she's a blue checkmark.

I find it just so bizarre that a company...a social media company is so bias. Like, I feel like the owners and what not can feel how they want, but to just ban people because they aren't, what, left wing supportists you just get rid of them?

I just think it's so weird because who gives a shit?

Last edited:
LHJEOv8.jpg

Social media all in all is pretty shallow the way they monitor or police things even store things you don't intend to publish across all forms of it means there not doing what they are saying that they are doing. Keeping up appearances ...

I find it just so bizarre that a company...a social media company is so bias. Like, I feel like the owners and what not can feel how they want, but to just ban people because they aren't, what, left wing supportists you just get rid of them?

I just think it's so weird because who gives a shit?

Wealth often brings to one the assumption of superiority, and correctness of thinking, while intensifying their greed.. They are doing it because they believe you don't know any better, you need guidance, and because they want to and can.

They are doing it because they believe you don't know any better, you need guidance, and because they want to and can.
If they wanted to offer guidance they wouldn't ban you. Rather they'd like to pretend that you don't even exist if you have different world views. And what better way to achieve that than banning those who don't fit their narrative? These people want the world to be what they think it should be, rather than changing their world view to match reality. And they achieve that fine within social media and their closed circles by means of extreme policing.

There's some other ways too. If you trigger certain keywords that Twitter watches out for but don't get the warning from them, you can get shadowbanned. If you trigger certain keywords directed at a blue checkmark, you can get shadowbanned. There are exceptions to the rule. For example you can swear all you want at Dana Loesch which she's a blue checkmark.

Care to share the white paper? That should make for an interesting read.

Wealth often brings to one the assumption of superiority, and correctness of thinking, while intensifying their greed.. They are doing it because they believe you don't know any better, you need guidance, and because they want to and can.

This is likely true, at least from my experiences, and some potentially half-baked studies. Still beats being poor.

Back