Shadow Warrior 2

It's a very solid game. Just single player only. Imagine as a coop or multiplayer? Maybe the maps need to be a bit bigger.

hi what do the colors on the right of the gems mean? see how some are grey in the pic but the right has yellow, red, blue?

Attachments

• ShadowWarrior2_2016_12_13_18_13_50_671.png
    ShadowWarrior2_2016_12_13_18_13_50_671.png
    837.4 KB · Views: 37
you can kind of tell. look at the names. there are 4 elements, fire, electricity, poison and frost that can be applied to weapons. each has a different color.

About to finally get SW2. Came here to search the forum. This is a rather small thread on this game that is supposed to be great! Am I on the wrong thread?

I just think people are holding off on the game otherwise it's great gameplay is like Borderlands even the music is the same at the Central Hub.

Yeah, I will more than likely pick this up on a deep discount some day, but I got burned out on this formula awhile back with the Borderlands games.

The game is good but it's not great. They did some interesting things this time around, and took some risks but it doesn't quite work. The humor also seems a little off. The first one was a more linear game and it just seemed to flow a lot better. This game is pretty much a hub Style game where you can view and redo missions, but something just feels like it's missing.

I really enjoyed this game, it's not perfect but its damn fun. I wish there was more story, as I'd still be playing it if there were campaign expansions.

I thought about it, I just recently beat Shadow Warrior which I was mostly happy with. The problem is it sounds as though its best played in co-op and I dont have a dedicated crew to play with.

I've played a few hours so far. Not as exciting about this as I was Shadow Warrior 1 (from couple years ago). Frankly, there is almost too much to deal with. Maybe that's the RPG factor, but I'm wandering around right now just doing missions for my mechanic. I have some chick in my head. Graphics are good, gameplay is nice, just maybe too much Wang to handle.

I've played a few hours so far. Not as exciting about this as I was Shadow Warrior 1 (from couple years ago). Frankly, there is almost too much to deal with. Maybe that's the RPG factor, but I'm wandering around right now just doing missions for my mechanic. I have some chick in my head. Graphics are good, gameplay is nice, just maybe too much Wang to handle.

I played it on a harder difficulty and i found the combat enthralling. When you master the crazy movemment, you can really call the shots in a fight, but one slip up left me in a pile of offal.

I played a little bit of the first mission, "Plague of the Bunny Lords" this weekend. Enjoyed it and am looking forward to the other missions, perks and new weapons.

Wow, played some more last night and despite my new 1080 Ti, Shadow Warrior hates 4K. I first tried it at 4K with Ultra settings and it felt choppy and the FPS would dip into the 30s when fighting big enemies. I switched to High settings and it did the same thing. Finally, I dropped it down to 2560x1440 Ultra and it ran smoothly! This pisses me off because it's the same res I was using on my 1070. Anyone have any suggestions?

Wow, played some more last night and despite my new 1080 Ti, Shadow Warrior hates 4K. I first tried it at 4K with Ultra settings and it felt choppy and the FPS would dip into the 30s when fighting big enemies. I switched to High settings and it did the same thing. Finally, I dropped it down to 2560x1440 Ultra and it ran smoothly! This pisses me off because it's the same res I was using on my 1070. Anyone have any suggestions?

Did you turn off the ingame Vsync + Triple Buffering? I found that it ruined the performance for me too even though my GTX1080 should have been capable of running it just fine. I forced on Adaptive V-Sync from my Nvidia control panel instead and the game ran smooth even on high resolutions.

Did you turn off the ingame Vsync + Triple Buffering? I found that it ruined the performance for me too even though my GTX1080 should have been capable of running it just fine. I forced on Adaptive V-Sync from my Nvidia control panel instead and the game ran smooth even on high resolutions.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot tonight when I get home.

I just bought this game on today's Steam sale. Man, oh man. The movement is SICK. I am still just outside my car at the opening scene location. Spent the last 30 minutes fooling around. Everything is nice and fluid now.

I shouldn't have waited this long. Dinner time, then back to this awesomeness.

Note to self: don't doubt Flying Wild Hog ever again.

I just bought this game on today's Steam sale. Man, oh man. The movement is SICK. I am still just outside my car at the opening scene location. Spent the last 30 minutes fooling around. Everything is nice and fluid now.

I shouldn't have waited this long. Dinner time, then back to this awesomeness.

Note to self: don't doubt Flying Wild Hog ever again.

Glad you're enjoying it broheim!

Def one of my favorite FPS of the past 5-ish years....

(it's got JUST enough "meat" on it bones that I could hop in completely annihilated and still have a sense of accomplishment each play)

Unlike certain "dum-dumb" shooters like Serious Sam/Strafe/SW1 etc etc.

This game is a real gem.

It's like DOOM f**cked a Asian hooker and raised the child with borderlands.

This game is a real gem.

It's like DOOM f**cked a Asian hooker and raised the child with borderlands.
Shadow Warrior (2013) had these mechanics, so it was interesting to see DOOM using them.

Back