Shadow Warrior 2

Good news, the last one was pretty good. And even the one I was playing like 15 years ago was good. Maybe a bit too much arsh of what I can remember although.

Oh cool.

I played the original game in (1997) and the more recent one (2013).

The 2013 one was kind of lame.

Hoping this one will be better.

The 2013 reboot was fucking awesome, balls to the walls hard and a katana sword slicing mechanic that allowed you to cleave enemies in half!

Looks like Devolver have really upped the graphical fidelity, but I am not very enthused about the focus on co-op. I don't mind it as an additional option, but game play mechanics designed around co-op tend to be pretty lame....I'm looking at you FEAR 3!

These guys are awesome. The fact that they updated the first game about a year after it came out with a mega update that pretty much redid the game from the ground up making it look better and run 10x better was amazing. You don't even get that kind of support in big studios with a larger budget. The first one was damn fun too so I'm looking forward to this one. Day one purchase for me.

Reactions: dgz
like this
I liked the first remake, so this is good to me.

I admit, I'm interested. What is the release date/ETA of this title?

I thought it had a June 2016 release date or did that change?

Edit: I take that back. I must have had it mixed up with either the first or another game. Damn.

Hot damn that looks exciting! I have had the first Shadow Warrior in my steam list forever but I still have not touched it. Which is weird since I loved the original from the '90s but I just did not find the time and energy for it yet. I might have to fire it up now.

Do yourself a favor and just play it, SW1 is honestly one of the best and most memorable FPS games I had played in years. Great graphics, linear but open levels, visceral sword combat, hilarious dialogue, interesting plot and balls to the wall hard!

Shadow Warrior 2 – New PC details revealed, will feature FOV Slider & will support SLI/Crossfire | DSOGaming | The Dark Side Of Gaming

• No Denuvo or any form of DRM
  • Uncapped FPS, Variable refresh rates available
  • 21:9 Ultrawide support
  • Controller support
  • Uses DX11
  • Temporal AA support
  • SSAA support
  • Sli support
  • Customizable crosshair
  • Resolution scale slider
  • Full key mapping
  • FOV slider
  • Playing at 1080p ( at ultra settings ) FPS rates are = In a 660 – 40 fps / On a 970 – 60 fps
  • Texture quality = 2 gb – High textures / 4 gb – Ultra textures
  • You can turn off almost the entire HUD and Ui if you want, eg. Damage numbers and the enemy health bars.
  • You can disable and edit chromatic aberration / lens dirt / motion blur / DOF / lens flare
  • Steam Cloud support
  • Linux and Mac versions are upcoming. No support at launch.
OTHER GAME FEATURES

• No regional censorship (eg Germany or Australia )
  • Crossplay with GOG players
  • Coop is 100% optional and campaing never forces you to buddy up.

Looks cool. I picked up the first one on sale not long ago. Gameplay feels pretty generic overall but it does satisfy that old-school shooter itch.

17:19 sigh

I like the graphics but it just looks boring I couldn't get into the first game at all really but then again I didn't give it much of a chance.

This games graphics are crazy so much going on at one time really looks next gen. You have FPS shooters with alot of class this thing just looks over the top.

Last edited:
If you own Shadow Warrior 1 you get additional 10% off so you get 20% off if you pre-order the game which comes to like 31.00

Pay 39.99 now or 31.99
so many choices would like to wait for the reviews but then the sale is over in 3 hours.
Then there is a chance this game will be 9.99 on bundlestars 3 months from now.

I put this game in the same class as Killing Floor 2 really good game but once you play it you might never go back and play it again.

I pulled the trigger on this game my biggest worry the movement in the game will feel clunky I wonder if you can use a controller.

I'm going to use a controller for the game just think it's nicer for these types of games you can lay back and not worry about your face being lost in the screen of senceless graphics.
I mean Borderlands was great with a controller this game has full controller support. I played Shadow Warrior one with a mouse and didn't care for the keyboard mouse combo.

Last edited:
I really don't need another game right now with my backlog but I'd like to get either GoW4 or this game since I've heard they both run great on PC. Wish I knew about that pre-order sale for those that own the first remake.

Back