Shadow Warrior 2

You are going to wish you hit the pre-order button a few hours back this game is Amazing looking not sure how it plays not going to play on my work day.
As soon as I changed it to 1440P holy smokes the physics of the trees is amazing alone. The game feels nothing like the 1st game which is good I kinda thought the 1st game was kinda tame.

20161013124555_1.jpg

I'm loving it. The chainsaw is epic. Also the very politically incorrect Wang jokes :))) and a lot of gore and flying limbs and so on. This game is to the old shooters same as Expendables are to old action movies.

Also all levels are random, so if we replay the game we get completely different design.

And remember "Way of Wang is hard and long. And barbed to please the ladies".

:)

Within limits. They don't like to say the levels are procedurally generated, just that that different sections are combined to build levels, similar to the division DLC.

Multi-res shading comparison shots;

Off: http://i.imgur.com/cL9h5dh.png

Conservative: http://i.imgur.com/OWkUeST.png

Aggressive: http://i.imgur.com/nocpAAn.png

The setting causes bugs with lighting and shadows (under the car, inside the garage). It's repeatable, even if I move around, closer to the garage for example, the bug persists. It seems to be isolated to that spot in particular, I checked other areas and don't see any issues... Not sure what's going on.

My drivers are out of date so somebody else will need to verify.

Last edited:
so windowed mode does not really work, at least on 8.1. It is always full screen. I figured out you can change it in the config file but its still annoying. And guns just feel weak as shit. I guess that is the point for the loot search. And... the humor may be getting a little stale. :D

Guns? The only one I use is standard shotgun to get rid of those flying probes. The rest is killed with chainsaw. Which is epic, because, if you keep pressed LMB, it will just sap all life from the enemy :) CHainsaw is love, chainsaw is life :)))

I need to buy a new GPU for this game. The 2013 remake was simply AMAZING. I used the sword 95% of the time. I love shooting but it was just so good I couldn't stop myself.

I love how they've sped up the abilities. That was literally the only thing they didn't get right the first. These guys are fast learners. Hard Reset was clunky, Shadow Warrior was anything but. Kudos to them.

Can't wait to try the coop.

...couldn't get into the first game at all really but then again I didn't give it much of a chance.

You didn't give it enough of a chance, it only starts to get amazingly fun once you begin adding to your repertoire of sword combos and magic powers.

Shadow Warrior 2 тест GPU | Action / FPS / TPS | Тест GPU

It looks highly optimized, it's cheap and wtf a 2016 game with only a 14gb download. I'll be getting it for sure.

Developed for PC first, with a console release later down the line, the way game development should occur.

Reception so far is overwhelmingly positive on steam, and pretty good from the press.

IGN - 86
Gamespot - 80
Gaming Nexus - 90
Bit-Tech - Recommended

The reviews on Steam are "Overwhelming positive" so people must like all the extra Jazz and noise the game has to offer.

Just a heads up, if the game appears to be running rough, try using the game's vsync option; someone also mentioned enabling Fast Vsync in the NVIDIA Control Panel, but I've not got to test that yet.

I thought the game was running like crap, turned on the Steam FPS display and was getting over 100 FPS, enabled vsync and it was smooth. I looked in GeForce Experience and it said that I was running the game in borderless window mode, I couldn't find where to change that in the game so I let GFE change it.

Edit: The Fast Sync stuff seems to work very well, don't let GFE touch the game, it dropped me to ~40FPS, probably because it set resolution scale to 110%.

Last edited:
Does this game have a 3rd person mode?

From the vids, it looks like melee mode is going to make me quite a bit of motion sickness...

Yeah, given the current release schedule, this game isn't gonna get purchased at all..

Does this game have a 3rd person mode?

From the vids, it looks like melee mode is going to make me quite a bit of motion sickness...

Stay away from Cliffy B's Lawbreakers that gave me really bad Nausea to the point where I'll never go back to that game.
Playing on a smaller monitor will help with Nausea also at a distance.

Is framerate target control not working for anyone else? Did a reformat, installed catalyst 16.10's now it's not working for me any more.

Can't wait to jump into this game only played a few minutes last week. This game looks seriously good it's like Borderlands 3.

This game is nothing short of Amazing someone made a Borderlands comparison the 1st level kinda look like General Knoxx's Armory with similar music.
I ilke everything about this game so far just got the main hub and picked up the Chainsaw Katanna which was a pre-order item.

I have a Futon at home it's also a couch and it's clean Wang Lo is a funny man.

Game is 10% off again

Dual Katana in a China shop I have no idea what this weapon is but it's pretty cool shoots out blue Katanas.

20161018105644_2.jpg

I found a bug where it keeps kicking me back to what people are calling the loading screen or main menu I guess a patch is coming out tomorrow so going to shelve the game. I'm 8% into the games progress.

update
I fixed it just was a loose USB connection inside my case.

Last edited:
Dual Katana in a China shop I have no idea what this weapon is but it's pretty cool shoots out blue Katanas.
The game has a limited supply of weapons, something like 70 or 80 total. I think those katanas are found early on, I have them too and pretty much stick with them.

Now this is a good looking level :X3: I might have to change the difficulty cause it's pretty easy and I mean you just respawn without much penalty. Then again I'm just fighting garbage mobs not even sure if this game has bosses.

20161019115820_1.jpg

Reactions: dgz
like this
Definitely will pick this one up at some point, but I have far too many other games to finish right now. Probably wait to see what it's going for during the winter Steam sale.

the bosses are kind of liked the guys that spawn chained dudes. There are also named enemies on each level who have special drops. And there are also rabbit revenge mini-bosses. And it seems like some areas will spawn heavies if you explore long enough. Maybe on the red lantern posts?

For the weapons, yea, it is not borderlands. Drops are typically upgrade items. You collect the shitty ones and craft them into better ones.

like this
so they reset all the skill points, including removing those gotten by oversights (replaying missions with others for skillpoint rewards).
Actually not a bad thing IMO, I used that for a rebalance. Stuff like ditching all the different extra ammo bags and just going with extra ammo drops, also ditching the various elemental buffs and going -resistances.

Help me out here guys, I've been playing this game thus far doing (side?) missions for the Master Smith dude, the Gangsta lady boss and even the dude standing guard inside one of the rooms... my question is - where is the Campaign mode? If I do not go to these 3 characters for missions, I don't get any on screen instruction on what to do next? Was wondering where is the story mode? Am I missing something or is the whole game based on doing missions that the 3 major characters tasked you to do? I thought those are only side missions?

you are doing story/campaign mode. you can revisit areas to free roam in them. the only way to redo missions is to join someone else's game and go with them. the game format is to have a main mission and some side missions. Eventually you will get a warning that the main mission will cancel any side missions, so you proceed and eventually get a new main mission then side missions. it is not really like what borderlands has done

like this
Thanks for the explanation. It's rather odd.. when I go back to the same areas (where I have completed) to free roam, there is no longer any quests to do, so just go to the areas marked with enemies to wipe them out.. and that's it. I hope there are more areas because those I have cleared it's like only 6 or 7 places to go lol. I don't play co-op boy will this be a short game for me! Unless there are still more quests from the 3 main characters ahead.

If you get into menu and press I, to enter mission screen, you will see blue and yellow Marks on map. Blue are side quests and yellow are main quest.

At certain story points the game will tell you that if you proceed with main - yellow - quests you will loose access to unfinished blue quests.

Thanks for the clarification, I'll look out for that. For such a "nonsensical" FPS the upgrade/progression menus seem unnecessarily complicated.. it plays so much like Painkiller and for such a small developer the graphics are really nice, SLI (Shame on you GOW4!) and 21:9 support right out of the box too!

I think they did get some inspiration from painkiller. The "Z" demon mode seems to have been directly lifted from it

I think they did get some inspiration from painkiller. The "Z" demon mode seems to have been directly lifted from it

The company was started by the core ex-Painkiller guys IIRC. The rest went with Epic and delivered an FPS without a jumping mechanic called Bulletstorm. Thanks to that guy on shacknews who reported it a few days before release. What were they thinking lol

I was really hoping that bulletstorm would be like painkiller. a huge disappointment. humor that was just flat. weapon mechanics that were not appealing. damage minigame that was unpleasant.

Glad to see this game is so well reviewed. Definitely will pick up once I finish GOW4 since Mafia 3 is apparently such a disappointment.

Wouldn't mind getting it for just sliiiiightly cheaper tho =p

So got my rig upgraded, and I'm ready for some Lo Wang. Pretty suprised of the lack of talk on this forum about it. 2 pages? Hmm.

Anyway, looking to get it after I finish up Doom, which is awesome, just don't see much of anything feedback on the forum.

Back