SG01B - Finally built!

kezmo

n00b
*Edited pics - probs with old host *

SG01B Evo - FX62 - HIS 1900xt 512(flashed to xtx) - 2GB DDR2-800 G.Skill - Enermax 500w Lib Modular - Plextor px 716al - 150GB WD Raptor - Matrix Orbital VK202 24 VFD - 2407WFP -

Sweet. What CPU cooler do you use?
I like the 24" Dell too. How is gaming (I see the best single-player game ever :) ) on this screen? Any form of ghosting/taring/input lag?

And does your plextor switch positon when you are not looking...? ;)

haha, middle picture was taken a few weeks ago when it was just a shell no components inside :)
Using a Zalman CNPS8000 to cool the cpu, great cooler and very quiet. Originaly bought a
Zalman CNPS7000B but the supplied fitting plates wouldnt fit my mobo :mad:

Really glad i got the 2407, my last monitor was a 19" crt, i was sceptical about moving to tft's beacause of the reported lag and im a fps gamer. The size and quality of the screen is amazing ive been playing et and css pretty solid the last 2 days and have'nt noticed any lag at all : :D

nice build.

i see potential for a sweet duct mod in the side panel / cover to send cool outside air directly to your vga cooler using like a 60mm hole...
that would be pretty cool imo.

o hey ur the one that did the vfd in place of the front ports mod, didn't notice that at first :p

nice job.

belmicah said:
Beautiful. Small explosive package. Like my ex wife. BOOM!!
pics of wife?

what display options do you have on that display? (3.5 bay)

kezmo, did your sg01 come with screws, or did you get them from your motherboard?

Hey, if you wouldn't mind, could you take a pic showing how much clearance there is between the CPU cooler and PSU?

Thanks

IMG_1706.JPG

The VFD displays pretty much any info u want, at the min ive got about 15 screens on loop that randomly animate into the next screen, a few rss feeds some logo's , netwok info and sytem info.

Screws :s erm iirc they came with the sugo not 100% sure tbh :)

kezmo said:
Screws :s erm iirc they came with the sugo not 100% sure tbh :)
rawr, i bought a refurbished warrantied as new case from frys and it didnt have any screws in it :mad: i looted my friend's stash, currently i have 5 mismatched screws holding down the motherboard and none holding the optical drive.

Nice job!
I like the cooler and PSU choice.
What are your temps like and how's the noise?

Does anyone know what the normal temps are on a FX62?

I have a spare orig SG01 and thinking about making it into a media center.

Temps seem low
Speedfan Readings:

Idle
cpu 29-30
Chipset 42
Gpu 43

Load
cpu 43
Chipset 48-50
Gpu 57

kezmo said:
Temps seem low
Speedfan Readings:

Idle
cpu 29-30
Chipset 42
Gpu 43

Load
cpu 43
Chipset 48-50
Gpu 57

Wow those seem like really good temps!
What's your room like in F?
Also how much noise is that thing putting out?

Game is hl2 lost cost, no idea what room temp is i live in england so its not overly hot :p
Noise level is good, certainly alot quieter than my shuttle was :)

MORE PICS OF THE VFD...what kind is that..i want to get one for my qpack

do they make those for 5.25 or 3.5 bay slots? or do uhave to mod it to fit

Soymilk said:
rawr, i bought a refurbished warrantied as new case from frys and it didnt have any screws in it :mad: i looted my friend's stash, currently i have 5 mismatched screws holding down the motherboard and none holding the optical drive.

I bought two new ones and only one came with screws. It wasn't a problem for me since I have 100's of spares.

I just love that LCD. It's to bad I need the front audio ports for headphones, or i'd be all about it.

Yeah, how the hell did you get a LCD where the usb/sound ports were, can you like explain that?

Other than that sexiness, loved more than my SN25P :p

Small update, rebuilt sytem today, swapped out the FX-62 for a C2D E6600 on a Asrock Conroe945G-DVI Board !
Needed a faster cpu tbh with the upcoming release of ATI's R600 :D
Mild overclock on cpu .. [email protected] , mobo will be swapped as soon as they release some decent clocking matx boards -.-

3DMark05

3DMark06

kezmo said:
Game is hl2 lost cost, no idea what room temp is i live in england so its not overly hot :p
Noise level is good, certainly alot quieter than my shuttle was :)

So its quieter than shuttle? what model did you have? I got sn25p and probably will change it to sg01, because I'm fed up with all that config,temp issues...

Very nice work dude :)
What are the dimension of the bay where the USB/audio use to be on the SG01, I was thinking to use imon oem vfd on the same place :) . Im about to build a similar setup, but I am a bit confused about the hardware config, matx-o/c-c2d :rolleyes:

Do you know if that cooler will fit when running the Silverstone FX121 fan?

That is a fantastic looking build. Very clean! You have a good setup to go with it too.

I have only one request. Take some close up shots of how you installed the VFD so nicely behind those audio ports! :).

Back