SFF Case for mini-ITX GPU/MB

Go with the 600W since it comes with flat cables unlike the 450W one. I'm using the 600W one.

Also, I ordered custom just to look nice... ;) all my old cables would have fit.

Ahh so you just bought the Silverstone short cable kit correct?

On the other hand, the 600W units fan cannot be replaced while the 450W unit has fans available that you can use to make it more quiet.

So if you really want to find out what fits your needs best, post in one of the SFX PSU topics, where people used those units for a long time and know all their merits.

Not a bad idea thanks.

No, we figured out how to fix it, so as I say, I'm going to pic them up tomorrow and I can start to assemble and send them out immediately.

No, we figured out how to fix it, so as I say, I'm going to pic them up tomorrow and I can start to assemble and send them out immediately.

That's awesome! Very exciting–– post some pictures of the finished product, really excited to see how they turned out!

Ahh so you just bought the Silverstone short cable kit correct?

Yeah, back when I still had my 450W one I had to purchase the flat cables seperately, and at the time, SilverStone had just released them and every NCASE user and their buddies were buying them up so I got a set for $48... now they sell for $22...

Then when I decided to go for the 600W PSU (since it had the intelligent fan control), I was delighted to see that flat cables came standard, so I'm using those now.

Nice! Hopefully everything I ordered arrives at the same time! :D

Yeah, back when I still had my 450W one I had to purchase the flat cables seperately, and at the time, SilverStone had just released them and every NCASE user and their buddies were buying them up so I got a set for $48... now they sell for $22...

Then when I decided to go for the 600W PSU (since it had the intelligent fan control), I was delighted to see that flat cables came standard, so I'm using those now.

Cool. I did end up posting the question in the power supply section as per iFreilicht advice. After you factor in the cable kit the 600W is around the same price as the 450W so it's not really a cost thing, it's more about efficiency, noise etc.

Cool. I did end up posting the question in the power supply section as per iFreilicht advice. After you factor in the cable kit the 600W is around the same price as the 450W so it's not really a cost thing, it's more about efficiency, noise etc.

I see, both are great PSUs, so no matter which one you go for, you're getting quality! :D

Quick question, will the cases be sent out in batches or does everyone who ordered an Osmi be getting it at the same time?

Sorry if this was asked before.

Quick question, will the cases be sent out in batches or does everyone who ordered an Osmi be getting it at the same time?

Sorry if this was asked before.

I will send them out in batches, obviously in order of date of purchase.

Update.

I picked up first parts yesterday. As many as I could get into may Saab estate :) ... and started to assemble first cases.

Last edited:
Update.

I picked up first parts yesterday. As many as I could get into may Saab estate :) ... and started to assemble first cases.

If you get a chance please post some pics! Are you assembling them all yourself?

All I see are boxes! Any cases built yet that can be shown off? :)

FYI my Sapphire Fury Nano arrived and suffers from severe coil whine :( so I'm RMA'ing for another unit. Hopefully the new one will be good.

All I see are boxes! Any cases built yet that can be shown off? :)

FYI my Sapphire Fury Nano arrived and suffers from severe coil whine :( so I'm RMA'ing for another unit. Hopefully the new one will be good.

Aw man, sorry to hear that, when you get your new card, try enabling the frame lock at 60fps in Catalyst, killed the little coil noise my card had.

Just letting everyone know that some ID-COOLING low profile coolers on Amazon are extremely cheap at the moment ($9.99 for $40-$50 coolers).

Shipping time is long, ETA for my cooler (I ordered an IS-60) is Oct. 22 - Nov. 8, but since I'm saving $50, then it's worth it.

Small enough to fit in the Osmi, yet still has an 120mm fan and lots of heatpipes.

Here's a link to their Amazon store page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=111-8131869-0323438&protocol=current&seller=A3JC3X3O0Y5YSA&sshmPath=

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just letting everyone know that some ID-COOLING low profile coolers on Amazon are extremely cheap at the moment ($9.99 for $40-$50 coolers).

Shipping time is long, ETA for my cooler (I ordered an IS-60) is Oct. 22 - Nov. 8, but since I'm saving $50, then it's worth it.

Small enough to fit in the Osmi, yet still has an 120mm fan and lots of heatpipes.

Here's a link to their Amazon store page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=111-8131869-0323438&protocol=current&seller=A3JC3X3O0Y5YSA&sshmPath=

Wow nice prices. Not that I can take advantage of this deal but what specific model did you get?

Amazon.ca is terrible compared to .com for selection.

Looks great. I have a couple of low cost Xigmatek units (Praeton and Janus) but they are not the best quality but may work if I replace the fans with something better. I'll try these first and if they don't work I'll have to look elsewhere. I doubt the Noctua L9i will be good enough for a 4790K as my Noctua L9a units top out at 65W for FM2 processors in tight spaces.

UPDATE.

Just a quick update on where we are. I'm assembling cases just now, but it's not without problems. There are some small misalignments (being first production run), so I need to do little adjustments on every single Osmi case. Also, mother board stand offs I got from other supplier are 8mm instead of 6mm (which I ordered), so I'm waiting for replacement. If that arrives today or tomorrow, I will ship first around 20 units on Friday.

UPDATE.

Just a quick update on where we are. I'm assembling cases just now, but it's not without problems. There are some small misalignments (being first production run), so I need to do little adjustments on every single Osmi case. Also, mother board stand offs I got from other supplier are 8mm instead of 6mm (which I ordered), so I'm waiting for replacement. If that arrives today or tomorrow, I will ship first around 20 units on Friday.

Sorry to hear about the issues–– glad to hear that they're all fixable though. Should we assume we're not part of the first 20 if we haven't received an email from HG-computers confirming case color choice?

Sorry to hear about the issues–– glad to hear that they're all fixable though. Should we assume we're not part of the first 20 if we haven't received an email from HG-computers confirming case color choice?

I believe many of you guys will be in first 20. Emails will go out today/tomorrow, once I'm sure it's ready to go.

My IS-60 surprisingly came in today, that was quick for free shipping.

I already replaced the fan on it with a CRYORIG QF120 Performance fan, and now it's 65mm tall, ready for the Osmi. :D

So, did anyone get an email?

The question of the past few days... and the answer is... I didn't... :(

Well, if anyone did get an email, congrats for getting the first twenty... lucky... it's not like I'm jealous or anything... it's not like I am! I swear...

Looking forward to any build pictures from end users. As I've still to decide between cube or flat case to place beneath monitor.

Wish more manufacturers focused mid-range requirements instead of getting carried away trying to fit monster graphic card that bumps case dimensions.

Hello all. I joined today to let people know that I received the email asking to pick my color (white). Hope more people are getting these emails today ;)

Also, I wanted to ask Gtek if the GALAX 970 OC (179mm) would possibly fit. I know it says 170mm but maybe there's a little wiggle room. Anyways, amazing case and awesome forum. Glad to be apart of both.

Hello all. I joined today to let people know that I received the email asking to pick my color (white). Hope more people are getting these emails today ;)

I got my email today too, asked for white!

You'll wanna take off that fan grill, because it will make much noise when the fan ramps up

I'm not really sure how the cabling is going to go, so if there is room, I'll remove the grill!

Never knew it made that much noise, so thanks for the heads up!

Also got an email today, looks like things are coming together!

UPDATE

So, after all the delays and problems, first Osmis are going to be shipped today. I cannot tell you the names, but first customers are from USA, Sweden, France, The Netherlands and Switzerland. :)

Awesome news Gtek. Keeping my fingures crossed im in the first batch.

Now to just find a Z77 itx board... :(

I'm so want this case but there're so many thing came with it
I'm currently using ATX PSU and 22cm card
In my country there's no place that sells SFX PSUs and ITX card like 270x ITX, 285 ITX or even GTX970 ITX :(

Back