SF750 issues on new Ryzen build

vertigomhs

[H]ard|Gawd
HI All,

I'm having issues with a new Corsair SF750 I bought working with my new Ryzen build. I'm confused as I originally thought the PSU was bad as it would randomly shut down after a few minutes, instantly or at boot. I decided to try jumping the pin on the 24-pin and it worked without shutting down. I then ran it on my old x58 build and even on there it was stable and didn't shut off after a good while of running it.

This is where it gets trickier. On this new Ryzen build I've been running on my old Corsair TX750 and it's been fine. But before this SF750 I had bought a second hand SF600 and that also had this same issue as the SF750. I'm starting to think the SF PSUs have something in common that isn't working with my system or is really two Corsair SF PSUs in a row that are bad?

warhol76

n00b
If you PSU is not affected by the units listed in Thumper's post above, be sure you have upgraded your bios. The fact that the board posts at all indicates that your bios has been updated. But, there was some other funky power issues with the Ryzen chips that has been addressed over time.

vertigomhs

[H]ard|Gawd
If you PSU is not affected by the units listed in Thumper's post above, be sure you have upgraded your bios. The fact that the board posts at all indicates that your bios has been updated. But, there was some other funky power issues with the Ryzen chips that has been addressed over time.
Interesting, I’ll give it a shot. I’ll report back...

GiGaBiTe

[H]ard|Gawd
I decided to try jumping the pin on the 24-pin and it worked without shutting down. I then ran it on my old x58 build and even on there it was stable and didn't shut off after a good while of running it.
DO NOT force the PSU to stay on by shorting out the PS_ON wire, that's a quick way to kill your system. It's like getting mad your house breaker trips so you wedge a screw in the switch so it won't trip at all when there's some rat chewed wire in the attic and suddenly the house is on fire.

Nasgul

Weaksauce
I think Corsair just did a recall on those SF750 for being faulty. Google it, I was looking at my phone this morning and think I saw that on one of those online magazines.

I'm sure you'll get replacements or some sort of.

vertigomhs

[H]ard|Gawd
DO NOT force the PSU to stay on by shorting out the PS_ON wire, that's a quick way to kill your system. It's like getting mad your house breaker trips so you wedge a screw in the switch so it won't trip at all when there's some rat chewed wire in the attic and suddenly the house is on fire.
Haha, no I ran the PSU without anything but a fan hooked up to it.

I think Corsair just did a recall on those SF750 for being faulty. Google it, I was looking at my phone this morning and think I saw that on one of those online magazines.

I'm sure you'll get replacements or some sort of.
Yes, they did do a recall on a range of serial #'s which I am a part of so hoping to get my replacement soon!

GiGaBiTe

[H]ard|Gawd
Ah, the way you said it made it sound like you had a board connected when you did it. I've seen people do it and sometimes it results in something going on fire.

Wade88

Limp Gawd

Yes, they did do a recall on a range of serial #'s which I am a part of so hoping to get my replacement soon!
It's been almost 3 weeks has Corsair unscrewed the pooch yet?

vertigomhs

[H]ard|Gawd
It's been almost 3 weeks has Corsair unscrewed the pooch yet?
I did the RMA request and was approved but haven't sent it out yet. Some people are reporting 2 week turnaround time as the replacements ship from international locations.

Wade88

Limp Gawd
That's terrible, they should cross ship the PSU's. Thanks for that, I haven't bought a corsair psu before and I definitely won't now.

night_2004

2[H]4U
That's terrible, they should cross ship the PSU's. Thanks for that, I haven't bought a corsair psu before and I definitely won't now.
You can cross ship, but Corsair is going to charge (not hold) ~$100. Once the old PSU is received they will refund the charge. Not the best PR but you can minimize downtime with a little inconvenience.

Vengance_01

Supreme [H]ardness
these SFX PSU's are out of stock everywhere. Not surprised on the long turn around time. I was lucky and snagged a Silverstone ST45SF v3 on Amazon.

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
these SFX PSU's are out of stock everywhere. Not surprised on the long turn around time. I was lucky and snagged a Silverstone ST45SF v3 on Amazon.
They are starting to trickle back into stock. Looks like some of the higher powered Silverstone ones are due back in Amazon by the middle of July.