• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Second Generation AMD Bulldozer – Vishera

Zarathustra[H];1037817876 said:
Uh, no. I remember seeing a few headlines on the internets in the last couple of months drawing this conclusion. When I get out of work I'll have to do some googling and look them up for you :p




Rumors are all we have to go by right now, since AMD has been less than forthcoming with this launch. There is nothing wrong with speculating based on rumors, as long as you state that is what you are doing.

I never claimed to be a chip or even software engineer, but I do have a layman's understanding of the subject, and I will post my opinions based on th egeneral impressions I get and on the data I have seen.

If you have a problem with that, I suggest you not only leave this forum, but leave all forums on the internet. That's how they work. Deal or QQ.

As has been stated earlier, we will know how it truly performs when it comes out. Until then a little speculation is only healthy. I'm buying one either way, as it most certainly will be an overall improvement over my Thuban, but anyone who expects it to be an Intel killer, or even able to match Sandy Bridge in anything but the likes of mulithreaded Cinebench is sadly very delusional at this point.

Some people talk out of their asses. You scream out of yours.
 
Okay, back to the topic at hand... I was thinking about something, from all of the AMD roadmaps, Vishera/Sepang/Terramar (which the die will probably be named Komodo, since it is a type of 'dragon') will make use of 10-core/5 'Piledriver' module dies.

Since there is no process shrink incoming for the transition from Bulldozer to Piledriver, how would AMD do the layout of Komodo to keep it from being asymmetrical, or would it matter?
 
Back
Top