Scammed on eBay

I fell for the too good to be true price of a 1050ti and watched some youtube videos on the same subject. I am trying to identify the video card that was sold as a 1050ti and I'm pretty sure it's a 550ti. I would really appreciate some help on identification. I'm not finding much information on the information on the chip/memory. Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

Attachments

• 20200930_150608.jpg
    20200930_150608.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200930_150625.jpg
    20200930_150625.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200930_153621.jpg
    20200930_153621.jpg
    719 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200930_151909.jpg
    20200930_151909.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 0
I fell for the too good to be true price of a 1050ti and watched some youtube videos on the same subject. I am trying to identify the video card that was sold as a 1050ti and I'm pretty sure it's a 550ti. I would really appreciate some help on identification. I'm not finding much information on the information on the chip/memory. Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

Sorry to hear that. Man they have been using that scam for years now, guess why stop if it keeps on working.

Sorry to hear that. Man they have been using that scam for years now, guess why stop if it keeps on working.
I've opened a case with eBay and sent the issue to their resolution center. I attached a bunch of pictures and screenshots to convince them I want a full refund. We'll see where this goes.

Yeah, this is why I stopped buying a lot of things on ebay and even amazon, it's full of this crap. Heck, even 3rd party sellers on newegg do the same thing and these platforms continue to allow them. I mean, if they are caught doing this even one time, they should be banned. It's gotta cost some time/effort to keep re-making accounts, it would at least slow them down. But nope, that same seller you may get a refund by will still have 10 more posted and ebay won't do anything about those unless those customers notice and complain.

I have not done much on ebay other then some car parts for my mustang in years .. sold a video card in an auction for U.S. buyers only and the guy that won changed his location to India after the sale and had like 2 feed backs .. they sent the money pay pal and I returned there money and took a neg feedback which I have 2 in about 500+ transactions and first one was some just bull shit .. doing face book market place now local and only 2 week in to selling .. I sold an Ryzen 5 3600 and a B350 board to the same guy so far as he text me back after 3600 and wanted the board , I do have some RX 570 's but I don't ship but meet as trust and friendships get built like that .

also my ebay is the same as here and member since like 2001

If you still want a 1050ti, evga has some for a good price in their backstock, iirc.

Edit: nvm, must've been thinking of the 1650, but not a terrible price at $150-180.

As a buyer, you never lose money? Right?

As a seller or buyer you want the transaction to be very smooth as I use to deal with vintage Hot Wheels (Redlines) and some of my sales on one car was over $900 to $1000 and this was in the 2006 era .. also those type of buyers are very picky as it's there collection piece and there is community that works in the back ground watching out for scammers pushing repaints as real in fake blisters .. It makes it way to forums and there auction is red flagged for members to view as that is a tight group of people dealing in globe sales .. after years of knowing these people it's like joining the MOB as most transitions are private among collectors and you always honor the sale or work out a lower price till the buyer is happy .. but don't think as buyer you can do that always as they will take you to the forums and that's like count hearing for buyer or seller as Red Flagged .. no more soup for you !

I use buy cars from Bruce in Maryland as he owns the pink Rear Loading Beach Bomb proto that was on Pawn Stars .. value is like $70,000 insured .. Also the Doc they called him selling pain killers = Dr Feelgood to cover his addition to Redlines as took him drop in undercover FBI as to have hard time over a toy car .. They can get crazy as that was like 2009 .. so they knew about the Doctors back then and let it slide .

Back