**Scammed by xianglong0473**

Status
Not open for further replies.

[H]ealer

Weaksauce
Please beware of this guy. I sold him an expensive case. He responded to me that he got it and it was great. Then a week ago he opened an amazon dispute saying that he had never received the item.

He asked me to ship to another address that was different than on the paypal payment because he was "at school." Later said it was not his paypal account that he would straighten it out.

The guy is a con artist...please do not buy from him or you may get burned like me.

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully you don't get screwed over by this guy.

That sucks man, subbing to find out what happens, keep us posted.

Hope you don't get the shit end of it.

[H]ealer;1038509040 said:
Please beware of this guy. I sold him an expensive case. He responded to me that he got it and it was great. Then a week ago he opened an amazon dispute saying that he had never received the item.

He asked me to ship to another address that was different than on the paypal payment because he was "at school." Later said it was not his paypal account that he would straighten it out.

The guy is a con artist...please do not buy from him or you may get burned like me.
Did he send payment via paypal or Amazon? If it was paypal, you should have shipped to confirmed address in order to have seller protection.

Sorry don't know why I put amazon. He paid me through paypal. They have ruled in his favor despite my documentation that he received the case and was perfectly happy with. Lost one silverstone tj08 and $130!!

Sucks to be me...

Yes I know that I should have confirmed the address through paypal. My mistake and I've paid for it. Cost me an extra $45 to ship the damn thing to him. Hard lesson to learn though.

what state did you ship to? I had someone try this shit on my 2 years ago. I shipped to the confirmed paypal address and got covered. 1st he tried to say item not delivered and i showed proof of delivery and paypal sided with me. Then he filed a credit card chargeback saying it was not an authorized purchase. Again paypal put my funds on hold and i had to show proof of delivery and copies of the conversation.
He gave it everything he had to scam me but i ended up winning both disputes.

One rule I follow here is to check the user out a little, anyone who has been here 3+ years with a good amount of posts that have substance I usually have no problems with.

Not saying this prevents all problems but I did notice this guy only has 20 posts and has been here less than a year, that would red flag him in my book.

Thats a shitty loss though man, what a D-Bag for doing that to you.

Hey just wanted to say thanks guys. I appreciate the support. I am a long time [H]'er and always respected the knowledge and sense of community around here. I will not let one scum bag turn me off to this great site. He will get his in the end anyway.

Cheers!! Matt

Sorry to hear that. Paypal without shipping to the confirmed address=no protection...

To the OP, I would say it's somewhat your fault for not having your address CONFIRMED. Though I guess it's more of a "lesson learned" type of deal. Maybe he saw that you didn't have a confirmed address and took advantage. Does he have heat? If he does, you should leave him a negative feedback explaining why. I'm sorry for your loss, that is a pretty big amount, to me at least.

Maybe you can find someone who lives near him to go up to his door and give him a knock. :cool:

FYI, I just wanted to confirm that a member of the staff is trying to contact him to give him a chance to give his side of events.

did u provide tracking to paypal? maybe provide emails showing where he requested different address..

Given that he stated that he received the case and then a dispute was opened, I would say one of two things happened:

1) He is in fact a scammer...and, if so, I cannot imagine why he told you that he received the case.

2) He used someone else's paypal account and that OTHER person opened the dispute.​

Given what you have said, sounds like the second explanation is more likely. If so, it still remains to be seen if his intent was to defraud someone or felt that he had approval to use that account.

Have you tried to contact him? Is he now ignoring your email? Does anyone here live near Bloomfield Hills, MI, 48304? ;)

Given that he stated that he received the case and then a dispute was opened, I would say one of two things happened:

1) He is in fact a scammer...and, if so, I cannot imagine why he told you that he received the case.

2) He used someone else's paypal account and that OTHER person opened the dispute.​

Given what you have said, sounds like the second explanation is more likely. If so, it still remains to be seen if his intent was to defraud someone or felt that he had approval to use that account.

Have you tried to contact him? Is he now ignoring your email? Does anyone here live near Bloomfield Hills, MI, 48304? ;)

Assuming 2, why would the dispute be about not receiving it rather than an unauthorized purchase?

Assuming 2, why would the dispute be about not receiving it rather than an unauthorized purchase?

Unsure. That said, his username shows up all over the internet...including on many sites in Chinese...and he was a very active trader here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/467103/wtb-akg-k340-k4-and-k145

Until he was banned. Not a good sign. Odd that he would stick with the same username though. I still would withhold judgment unless he ignores the OP's contact attempts.

OP, did you ship to a location outside of the US? That is always danger sign number one. Did you also get shipping and receipt confirmation? Even so, paypal and amazon roll over almost immediately when someone states that they did not receive an item...and the seller gets screwed. It's why I prefer to sell locally...or on a forum to someone with a well-established user reputation. That said, I might have also fallen for someone who was an [H] member for a year with 20 or so on topic posts.

If this was me, I would send him email each day for several days...and if I received nothing in response, I would hunt him with dogs. :) I was scammed on eBay by someone once and actually almost spent as much as I lost tracking them down...but I found them...and got my money back. ;)

After thinking about it I have to agree that it is extremely odd he made little attempt to cover himself. Even more odd he chose a relatively inexpensive computer case to scam considering his MO is almost all exclusively audio equipment. Could be that indeed someone hijacked his account and is using it now unscrupulously.

If it doesn't pan out, please post name, address, email, and any other information you have to prevent others from falling for the same trap.

If it doesn't pan out, please post name, address, email, and any other information you have to prevent others from falling for the same trap.

you guys are welcome to share this info through PM if needed , but it can not be posted in the open forum

Item Sold:
PNY XLR8 3x2GB DDR3-1600 *Brand New*

Price:
$50

Username:
xianglong0473

Troll's paypal/email account:
[email protected]

Background:
I asked him about the discrepancies between the addresses and mentioned to him how I was just burned of $265 in January (true story). I'd been hesitant since, but the nice guy I am, I fell for believing this guy. He said for me to be "confidence"... English was bad, but I obviously knew deep down inside this was a bad move. I figured it was $50 and not a HUGE RISK, so I went with it.

Item paid for on 02/08/12, shipped the very next day.
03/10/12 he opened a case in paypal. Immediately, I PMed him here and submitted my story and my delivery confirmation in paypal.
03/14/12 he esclated to a claim.
03/25/12 (today) - he won the $50 back.

Paypal doesn't care... AT ALL. They've done this to me numerous times. I understand paypal's story of proof of delivery to a confirmed address. They won't honor your other methods of shipment (unfair, but that's my opinion). You have to ship through paypal to really have ANY CHANCE at survival.

After being burned over $1000 over the years, I pulled all of my money out of paypal. I will still accept paypal, but will no longer let them control the funds of mine that they don't deserve.

BEWARE OF THIS GUY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paypal burned me instead of this jerkoff troll. Here's my thread on it if you want more info:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1682183

I was hesitant in trading with this guy... I should have followed my gut instinct... NEVER AGAIN. I've already changed my policies going forward. No more Mr. Nice guy... no more...

Paypal SUCKS, but they're just soo big and sometimes the only method I can use with people that I'm stuck with it.

Gotta love Paypal. They should change their motto to "Paypal, where the scammer is always right".

g0dM@n ,I removed his address from your post , we do not allow such info to be posted openly.

Your free to share it with anyone else involved with him if needed, but please keep it in PM's

Never Ever Ever leave a penny in paypal. I withdraw all my funds as they become available.

g0dM@n ,I removed his address from your post , we do not allow such info to be posted openly.

Your free to share it with anyone else involved with him if needed, but please keep it in PM's
My apologies - thank you for being so kind about it.
Never Ever Ever leave a penny in paypal. I withdraw all my funds as they become available.

Paypal doesn't deserve making interest off of my money anymore, especially because they still charge you their fee in all of this. So the scammer wins, paypal STILL wins b/c they made their $$... the seller just gets two thumbs up his ____.

That sucks.

The guy will eventually get what he deserves.

He'll come back to earth as a dung beetle.:D

That sucks.

The guy will eventually get what he deserves.

He'll come back to earth as a dung beetle.:D
Hahahaha. With these guys I feel like they didn't make it in life to establish a career they wanted so they settled for the wimpy way out, stealing from others.
Anyway, thanks for listening to my sob story!!!!

At least so far amazon payments seems to have less issues...not to mention less fees. My PayPal account has seen much less action lately.

I made a habit of doing that, and then one day they decided to cancel an ACH withdrawal I had pending and I lost about $1500 that was sitting in there due to the cancelled withdrawal and they wanted me to pay 10% of it to get it back as a check since they closed my account for some arbitrary reason that I have yet to figure out to this day.

Edit: To clarify, 1500 was the 10%. I had sold a bunch of stuff and was withdrawing it.

This is now two instances of the same guy using the same tricks.

He will get his eventually. Molten lava will flow like rain from his ass.:eek:

As far as personal information.....I sort of understand that, but if a thief is in your midst you should be able to use any means to protect yourself.
Guys at least ban this jerk from the forums.:mad:

Merged the two threads on this to keep info in one place.

As far as personal information.....I sort of understand that, but if a thief is in your midst you should be able to use any means to protect yourself.

Some forums don't want the personal info there, but some others will exploit once we know the person is a troll.

I have over 1000 feedback - I know a troll when I see one :)

These trolls always end up banned, its just a matter of when we ban them
If he had been signing on every day and not communicating with those involved, a ban would likely happen quickly, but this user has not signed on in 2 weeks, so we usually allow some time to pass to see if they have any intention of resolving the problems.

Paypal doesn't deserve making interest off of my money anymore, especially because they still charge you their fee in all of this.

I'd be fine with fees if they actually went after scammers. But the fact that Paypal does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING... it's no wonder Paypal is such a popular choice for scammers.

Just figured I'd mention I also got scammed by this bastard - I messed up and didn't ship to the confirmed address on his paypal account, instead, I shipped to this:

it got delivered, and signed for by a AIRNES

he was still using email: [email protected]

a month passed, then a claim was filled with paypal saying it was never delivered, and, of course, because I didn't ship to a confirmed address paypal just backcharged me and screws me over. I call them, but, they don't care - they side with him...so basically I'm screwed here.

Right now I'm considering going to find him in person and letting street justice run it's course - if you have any other info on this son of a bitch please PM me ASAP - a google search finds a "Cranbrook Academy of Art" at the shipping address he provided...

Elipsn ,I removed his personal info from your post , we do not allow it to be posted openly.

Your free to share it with anyone else involved if needed, but please keep it in PM's

Last edited by a moderator:
Just figured I'd mention I also got scammed by this bastard - I messed up and didn't ship to the confirmed address on his paypal account, instead, I shipped to this:

it got delivered, and signed for by a AIRNES

he was still using email: [email protected]

a month passed, then a claim was filled with paypal saying it was never delivered, and, of course, because I didn't ship to a confirmed address paypal just backcharged me and screws me over. I call them, but, they don't care - they side with him...so basically I'm screwed here.
Did you sell him your Intel socket 775 combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back