• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SBLive! Card not detected...

PigCorpse

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
1,115
I just installed an old Creative Sound Blaster Live! PCI card but Windows isn't detecting it. No matter what I do (switch the slot, reseat, etc), Windows acts like it's not there at all... I can't install the drivers because they require the card to be installed, and it's supposedly not. Although the drivers would be useless even if they were installed since my computer can't detect anything.

The card is a CT4760.
 
PigCorpse said:
I just installed an old Creative Sound Blaster Live! PCI card but Windows isn't detecting it. No matter what I do (switch the slot, reseat, etc), Windows acts like it's not there at all... I can't install the drivers because they require the card to be installed, and it's supposedly not. Although the drivers would be useless even if they were installed since my computer can't detect anything.

The card is a CT4760.

see if you can find the file ctzapxx.exe on the original driver cd or extract it from the downloaded drivers. It will allow you to completely remove and reinstall the WDM drivers which will allow you to detect the card. I went through this same nightmare a while back when I lost my original driver cd.
 
If I run the installer I downloaded, it extracts everything even if it doesn't let me install. I opened ctzapxx.exe and uninstalled the WDM drivers, rebooted, but still no avail... :(

Basically, the card isn't even there. There isn't a yellow ! in the Device Manager, it's not even listed in the device manager...

This happened in the computer I pulled it from, but it just magically cured itself somehow. But, if I still can't get it working by tomorrow, I'll just stick with onboard sound.
 
PigCorpse said:
If I run the installer I downloaded, it extracts everything even if it doesn't let me install. I opened ctzapxx.exe and uninstalled the WDM drivers, rebooted, but still no avail... :(

Basically, the card isn't even there. There isn't a yellow ! in the Device Manager, it's not even listed in the device manager...

This happened in the computer I pulled it from, but it just magically cured itself somehow. But, if I still can't get it working by tomorrow, I'll just stick with onboard sound.

Did you reinstall wdm drivers with the utility too?
 
... You make me feel stupid lol...

No, I just removed them. I'll try reinstalling...now!

BTW, will this help it actually detect it, 'cause it's not that it's not working, it's not even showing up.

Edit: The motherboard I have is a Gigabyte K8N-SLi with 2 PCI slots. Will it matter which slot I use? I remember hearing that some MSI boards, like the Neo2-F, have this orange PCI slot designed for the sound card or something...

Double edit: Reinstalled them and rebooted, still same problem. :(

I'm thinking this might be a hardware issue.
 
Heh, I kinda got banned from my computer until Christmas or so. Once I get it back, I'll try it and keep posting. Thanks for all your help!
 
Back
Top