say bye bye to gaming tv what little was left

G4 died when Arena, Blitz, and all those shows went away. Good riddance. If you're going to kill some good shit, kill everything with it, don't give us half-assed crap like Cops reruns and Ninja Warrior. Or feeble attempts at "nerdy-tech shows" like Attack of the Show, where 90% of the show is spent talking about twitter and Tosh.O like garbage. If I wanted to watch The Soup or Tosh.O, I would.

G4 died when Arena, Blitz, and all those shows went away. Good riddance. If you're going to kill some good shit, kill everything with it, don't give us half-assed crap like Cops reruns and Ninja Warrior. Or feeble attempts at "nerdy-tech shows" like Attack of the Show, where 90% of the show is spent talking about twitter and Tosh.O like garbage. If I wanted to watch The Soup or Tosh.O, I would.

That's true the greatest show died long ago but now NBC/Comcast are making something extra shitty. Thank god for ign/gamespot xplay is what I'm sad to see go.

Canada still has elecplay and reviews on the run, but that slowly moving away from game reviews as well.
Seems avgn and gamegrumps will still reign supreme.

I agree that most of the decent TechTV/G4 shows died awhile back, but this is just even more sad. They say the new programming is going to be "modern male" related, which probably means a bunch of stupid crap like The Man Show.

Even though I've been a gamer most of my life, I've never really enjoyed "gaming" TV. Same with live streams, watching competitive gaming, etc. Not looking down on it, but I don't know very many of my gamer friends who are that into it, either.

I've just about stopped watching tv anyways except for football and occasionally NCIS. Fucking commercials ruined it for me. Gotta have 5 minutes worth of commercials every 5 minutes. Not for me.

Pretty sad, but the writing was on the wall. At this point, we have millions of free videos online essentially serving the same purpose...just nothing on "normal" TV.
With everything becoming more and more internet connected, they probably figure that if you're a serious techie, you already have sources for the same thing online and you have dozens of ways to reach it.

Wait, X-Play is still on the air today? I thought that ended years ago....

Doesn't matter, X-Play stopped being worth watching when Kate Botello left.... although Morgan Webb was nice eye candy.

I'm suprised it lasted this long, along with gaming magazines. The Internet is too fast for any print or recorded media to be useful. I remember buying a pc magazine at an airport to kill time and how I already knew everything in that magazine because the news was already old news on the Internet.

I'm not the biggest fan of IGN, but they have lots of info that comes out pretty quickly for stuff I don't follow as closely (such as game discussions I follow here).

This leaves the door open for [H]ardTV to enter the market.

But honestly there is no money in this type of channel.

The last time I watched a show like this on TV was in 2004 when they were showing Doom 3 and Half Life 2 at some game awards with Samuel L Jackson lol.

G4 was never good. Tech TV was.

Amen. I said bye-bye the moment G4 acquired TTV and don't miss any of the G4 programming. (I am not counting Xplay as G4 programming because it was a basically a poached flagship show).

(I am not counting Xplay as G4 programming because it was a basically a poached flagship show).

It was OK for the first few years, but it was a lot better before when it was 'Extended Play'...

Such good memories of way back then. :)

I agree that most of the decent TechTV/G4 shows died awhile back, but this is just even more sad. They say the new programming is going to be "modern male" related, which probably means a bunch of stupid crap like The Man Show.

man show, cops, fake wrestling... thats what they consider "modern male".. old farts to far behind the times to know whats actually good or not.

LOL, back when you still had ink left in your beard cartridge :D

I had to re-read this like three times this morning, and now I can't stop laughing. That's gonna be my new favorite saying for awhile. :D

Isn't the content on YouTube and from actually games much better anyway?

Isn't the content on YouTube and from actually games much better anyway?

Yeah, but TTV existed before YT so thats all we had then basically. I never liked G4. Thought their programming was utter crap but thats just my own opinion.

..... I never liked G4. Thought their programming was utter crap but thats just my own opinion.

Agreed. I was so pissed off over G4 screwing up Tech TV. Damn Comcast can kiss my a$$!

man show, cops, fake wrestling... thats what they consider "modern male".. old farts to far behind the times to know whats actually good or not.

I don't get this either, who in their right mind thinks that kind of programming is more in line with the "modern male"?! Seriously, what the fu--?!

Their only good shows were from Tech TV, and they cancelled most of them early on.

Their only good shows were from Tech TV, and they cancelled most of them early on.
Tech TV has a special place in my heart, because at its height was when I first began building my own PCs. Strangely, I also link that time to 9/11. Or perhaps not so strangely as it happens. We have these little chapters in our lives, and that chapter was a weird mixture for me.

LOL, back when you still had ink left in your beard cartridge :D

Hehe, first time I have heard it put that way! :)

Good times back then. Nice shirts in both vids. :p :D

If you look closely you will see "Pink Taco" on the sleeve of the black one. Doubt the resolution is good enough though, can't tell with no ink in my eye cartridges...

User created gaming content is where it's at anyways. Twitch.tv for example. A simple, no bullshit source for gaming television. And if you don't like the streamer? You can switch to a different stream of the same game.

Back