Sapphire 4850 512mb - $189.99 + shipping

There is not going to be a GDDR5 version of the 4850, so that point is sorta moot.

Has anyone ordered from these guys before? Are they legit?

"The GPU will be also equipped with a 256-bit memory controller. 4850 GDDR3 models will come with 256 MB or 512MB of GDDR3 memory, clocked at 1.14 GHz. 4850 GDDR5 versions integrate 512 MB of GDDR5 memory clocked at 1.73 GHz"

Is this no longer true?

GDDR5 versions might come from partners down the line, but at launch it will be GDDR3 versions of the 4850 only (though the extra bandwidth might make it perform too close to the 4870 so AMD might not let partners do that)

And yeah, its on average 50-60% faster w/o AA, 70%+ w/ AA... even matches the GTX260 in some games w/ AA

The credit card for my small business loan didn't come in the mail yet (should have been here by now)....it better by tomorrow because I'm building a new rig and this is DEFINATELY going into it as benchmarks are showing it outperform the 9800GTX.

Even if it doesn't quite outperform it I am all about price:performance.

see it for urself here

this is the summary

4850numbersgi3.jpg

:eek:WOW:eek:

I was going to get a SLI board when I upgraded and get a second 8800GT...very much reconsidering now.

I almost checked out, but then I read the brand. Sapphire...

No thanks, I'll wait for VisionTek to come back in stock.

4850's were supposed to be launched June 25th but vendors have had them sitting in the warehouse for weeks. Frys already has displays for them (though might not be selling them). In Asia and Europe, lots of vendors are already selling them and ignoring the NDA date.

Funny that so many cards are out there and the NDA isn't up yet for review sites

Isn't that, like, illegal? Won't a business get fined mad heavy for breaking NDA and/or selling this far before the launch date?

In any event, this is good news. This means we can get reviews faster. Shame I will have to wait till at LEAST the 25th for the [H] review, (they've never been much on breaking NDAs).

Anandtech here I come :(

ok bit on it, sapphire has been good to me. Time to sell my visiontek 3870 for cheap that I just purchased, lol.

I want this card so bad I can taste it, but I swore I'd never buy Sapphire again.

This isn't fair! Why couldn't they do this with a Visiontek card?!

fxvideocards is a great store btw, never had a problem with them

my next video card purchase is definitely coming from them

I noticed that too. A real bummer for me, as I'd really like to have a pair of 4850s, but the fact that these are Sapphire just turns me off. Bad customer service, bad warranty.

Bummer. Looks like the link to the video card isn't full retail package. At the bottom it says " Package: Lite Retail". Does that indicate white box sans cables? What about warranty?

Purchased. This will be my first ATI card since the Radeon 8500 :)

FINALLY, ATI is willing to compete on price, and leave Nvidia stunned.

Back