Sapphire 4850 512mb - $189.99 + shipping

I'll be waiting a few weeks, I dont really mind about getting less for my old card what I want to know is if I want to get the 4850 or the 4870, and if there are any major bugs. My 3870 is a pain in the a**. Driver failures and I already RMA'd one that and driver updates dont seem to help. If theres anything I learned from buying early with no reviews its to wait it out.

There are some reviews on this card though. I have checked 2 different reviews and they both seemed promising. I needed a new card (swore off ATI, due to my last card failure) but if the benchmarks don't lie, which 2 of them seemed consistent, this card is legit.

I almost bit on the EVGA 8800 GT at ZipZoomFly yesterday, but my rational side stopped me and told me to wait until the ATI cards hit the market to make a choice. These ATI cards look to be a better value then even the 8800 GT, but I am still waiting on a legit review before I even consider an ATI card. Last ATI card I tried in my system, back in the TI 4200 days, drivers wouldn't install at all, hoping it has gotten much better since then.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

my visa has been locked by visa.
seems a company called ITV did some fraudulent charges on it.
They said my new one is in the mail..
FX have 2 left.
I want 2

CRY

Well it looks like they are going to run out before my card comes in the mail today...sigh.

I'm really looking forward to getting mine, even though I was not enticed by the 3870. The 3870 (55nm) performed worse then the 8800GT (65nm), and used about the same load power. This indicated serious efficiency issues in ATI's architecture, even if you overlooked the poor AA performance.

This card seems to have fixed that issue, using 25 more watts than the 3870 and out-performing the 9800GTX in most cases.

annnnnnd....out of stock. f***....and I was really hoping to order my new PC before the weekend. Looks like I'll just buy a cheap-o video card to hold me over until there are more.

annnnnnd....out of stock. f***....and I was really hoping to order my new PC before the weekend. Looks like I'll just buy a cheap-o video card to hold me over until there are more.

says they will be getting more cards in today.

A 400W PSU should be fine. They're rated at 110W load w/ a single 6-pin connector but most tests seem to put it at ~90W load i think.

A 400W PSU should be fine. They're rated at 110W load w/ a single 6-pin connector but most tests seem to put it at ~90W load i think.

From Visiontek (as an example):

450 Watt or greater power supply with 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express® power connector recom-mended (550 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™)

Man i just about jumped on this, but dam the overnight shipping is expensive! :eek:

I just wanted it before the weekend. :(

Are these cards shipping today? I haven't received a tracking number, ordered yesterday.

9800GTX+ isnt due til July supposedly and no one is even sure if its the 55nm G92b or if it's a limited edition version of the G92 GTX. You can wait a few days and see if more info comes out about it or if the 4870 proves to be a superior card. Details are sketchy at best atm.

Are these cards shipping today? I haven't received a tracking number, ordered yesterday.

I also have yet to receive a number.

ALSO, a clarification on the warranty on the Sapphire cards:

Sapphire cards have a 2-year warranty handled by the original reseller. You will have to go through FX Video Cards to get your warranty service on this card.

I've been badgering them all day to get an answer, because their site makes no warranty claims beyond 30 days, but Sapphire's site:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/support/warranty.php

states that the warranty is for 2 years, and is handled by the reseller. After talking to Sapphire directly, I got this response from FX's sales support:

We had to get Sapphire on the phone to clarify this issue for us. We will be doing the warranty for the Sapphire cards.

Thanks

Melissa

FxVideoCards

I have no problem with a 2-year warranty.

According to Melissa, they're working late to make sure all orders ship out tonight.

In fact, I just got my tracking number :)

Hopefully, this will arrive about the same time as the rest of my new system.

i cancelled my sapphire order... got 2 visiontek's instead. lifetime warranty. and same price now...

hope that's not thread crapping... i only bought the sapphire because the visionteks were out of stock. anyone know if they are going to be doing any pre-orders on 4870's soon?

Back