J
Jagga
Guest
Hi there, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I hope I havn't posted in the wrong section, my question/post was basically about motherboards anyway.
I was totally unaware about this motherboard recall and yesterday when I was browsing UK internet vendors selling the 2600k i7, I realised that they didn't stock it. Which lead me to google "no stock for i7 2600k"? As you do
and I came across this. I managed to find stock at some random vendor and i'm glad I didn't go through with it.
Also would like to thank for the knowledge I have gained from this forum in particular.
Anyway, Now what? I want to build a new rig though in the next few weeks etc as my current pc (mainly gpu) is DYING and flashing all over the place. So my understand is that it's best to wait for the Z67 chipset since H67/P67 Mobos manafactured between Jan 9 and Feb 31 have faulty Sata 2.0 Ports.
Is this the correct way of thinking? Since i'm kind of weary for waiting for the new revised P67 boards since i'm scared some vendors MIGHT still stock the faulty versions of the chipsets.
If someone could shed some light on my tiny but money spending dilemma, I'd be greatful!
Also here is a link to the current setup of my rig i'm planning on getting : Will be using it for hardcore gaming really and perhaps some streaming aswell.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tDmnpGm3cZMyNkkVLZns_kQ&authkey=CLm6uPIM&hl=en#gid=0
As you can see the current list has the asus P8P67 mobo which I obviously can't buy.
Jagga
I was totally unaware about this motherboard recall and yesterday when I was browsing UK internet vendors selling the 2600k i7, I realised that they didn't stock it. Which lead me to google "no stock for i7 2600k"? As you do
Also would like to thank for the knowledge I have gained from this forum in particular.
Anyway, Now what? I want to build a new rig though in the next few weeks etc as my current pc (mainly gpu) is DYING and flashing all over the place. So my understand is that it's best to wait for the Z67 chipset since H67/P67 Mobos manafactured between Jan 9 and Feb 31 have faulty Sata 2.0 Ports.
Is this the correct way of thinking? Since i'm kind of weary for waiting for the new revised P67 boards since i'm scared some vendors MIGHT still stock the faulty versions of the chipsets.
If someone could shed some light on my tiny but money spending dilemma, I'd be greatful!
Also here is a link to the current setup of my rig i'm planning on getting : Will be using it for hardcore gaming really and perhaps some streaming aswell.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tDmnpGm3cZMyNkkVLZns_kQ&authkey=CLm6uPIM&hl=en#gid=0
As you can see the current list has the asus P8P67 mobo which I obviously can't buy.
Jagga