Samsung Odyssey: 49" 5120x1440, 240 Hz, HDR1000

You realize the Xbox Series X is just a pc in a nice looking tower, right?
That's not really the full story. Often times connecting a PC to a TV would require special care (like renaming the input and adjusting settings) if you wanted to get 4:4:4 or RGB, something that is usually not an issue for monitors.

While a console will usually work with no problem. Similarly you can connect a console to a PC monitor but you may lose features, like higher refresh rates, certain resolutions, etc. like connecting a 1440p screen to a PS4. So there are lots of gotchas.

So i found Samsung Odyssey: 49 on facebook market place for $1800 (which is what i think is fair since it cost more then that online with tax) is it worth the cost of is the LG CX 48 a better monitor for less ?

I personally believe that the CX 48 is one of the best "monitors" on the market. It does HDMI 2.1, 4k @ 120hz, OLED, Freesync, Gsync, and a host of other technologies. It's an incredible product.

I personally believe that the CX 48 is one of the best "monitors" on the market. It does HDMI 2.1, 4k @ 120hz, OLED, Freesync, Gsync, and a host of other technologies. It's an incredible product.

And actually proper HDR.

And actually proper HDR.
Somehow I managed to leave that off my list.

Yes indeed. Real. Eye-watering. Glorious. Per-pixel. HDR.

If you haven't seen HDR on an OLED TV, you have no idea what you're missing. It's breathtaking.

Somehow I managed to leave that off my list.

Yes indeed. Real. Eye-watering. Glorious. Per-pixel. HDR.

If you haven't seen HDR on an OLED TV, you have no idea what you're missing. It's breathtaking.
I’ll probably get a CX48. Just waiting to see the next round of GPUs first.

Back