Samsung 950PRO, when?

Hey guys, I got a problem. For some reason, I can't boot from the 950 pro anymore. I select it as the boot drive, and is met with 'reboot select proper boot device'. The way to fix it for me is to select 'windows boot manager' as the number 1 boot drive. When that's done, everything boots normally, and there's nothing extra. I've never seen this listed as a boot drive, and have no clue what the hell it is, but when I set it as 1, I can get into windows 10. Anyone knows how to get rid of it, and allow myself to just boot from the 950 pro? I don't see why I need to select that as boot drive in order to get into windows.

Also, for some reason, the 950 pro doesn't show up in NVME config and m.2 is listed as 'not detected' under UEFI, any idea why? This is an Asrock Z170 board, by the way.

anyone else notice neweggs weird billing on your CC. I was charged 250 and 60 (I used 40 in newegg gift cards) They charge you for 950 PRO and the game. Weird. So its like I bought the game but only paid 290 (not count gift cards) for the 950 PRO

Its even in their invoice in your account like that.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I got a problem. For some reason, I can't boot from the 950 pro anymore. I select it as the boot drive, and is met with 'reboot select proper boot device'. The way to fix it for me is to select 'windows boot manager' as the number 1 boot drive. When that's done, everything boots normally, and there's nothing extra. I've never seen this listed as a boot drive, and have no clue what the hell it is, but when I set it as 1, I can get into windows 10. Anyone knows how to get rid of it, and allow myself to just boot from the 950 pro? I don't see why I need to select that as boot drive in order to get into windows.

Also, for some reason, the 950 pro doesn't show up in NVME config and m.2 is listed as 'not detected' under UEFI, any idea why? This is an Asrock Z170 board, by the way.

I has the same issue with my Asus Maximus VIII Hero board. The solution that fixed mine was to set the boot device to windows boot manager, and not the 950. Once you get booted back in, don't forget to go to Samsung's website and download the driver for the 950. But yeah, mine is working great now.

I has the same issue with my Asus Maximus VIII Hero board. The solution that fixed mine was to set the boot device to windows boot manager, and not the 950. Once you get booted back in, don't forget to go to Samsung's website and download the driver for the 950. But yeah, mine is working great now.

I also have a Hero VIII no issue yet with keeping boot drive at n1 samsung 950 pro.
So far the whole windows 10 fresh install has been smooth and numbers look nice. Going to have to hit up asus forum though boot time is much longer now due to bios showing logo twice on boots

anyone else's Samsung Magician show this?
29ed3a7bbb06713f0107ae919e4c8d51.png

yes me, why you ask it?
it's normal, you use the disk at full 4x speed.

Just got my 950 pro 512, which was the last piece needed for my build. I've been using a 1tb 850 evo as boot, which I'll switch to storage/games now.

Btw, remember to install the driver for the 950 pro on samsung's site. It actually helps a lot, here's pictures of before and after the driver installation.

HNiZcpo.png

jZU98W7.png

A few bonus pictures of it in my build:
http://imgur.com/a/MQIqP

on the system in signature, windows 10 samsung driver improved performance by a lot.

@sblantipodi i was just wondering because it said current link speed 5gbps vs 10gbps max. I was wondering if that had anything to do with me only getting 1700mbps read speed.

@sblantipodi i was just wondering because it said current link speed 5gbps vs 10gbps max. I was wondering if that had anything to do with me only getting 1700mbps read speed.

please post the question in the official thread, I will answer there...

Back