Samsung 950PRO, when?

t_ski

Supreme [H]ardness
The only thing I've seen so far has been "October." Subbing to see if anyone else has an answer.

DejaWiz

Fully [H]

ZeqOBpf6

Gawd
Personally I think they're going to have a SATA line and an m.2 line and that's it. Even many H'ers don't feel the 850 Pro is worth it over the Evo so having an m2 evo, m2 pro, sata evo and sata pro would be a bit much.

DNR

n00b
I was Micro Center today and the guy that handles their hard drives told me October 23rd. He didn't mention anything about pricing.

SomeGuy133

2[H]4U
I was Micro Center today and the guy that handles their hard drives told me October 23rd. He didn't mention anything about pricing.

so their earlier October statement was a bald face lie like what clapper said to congress....jerks

Terminus

[H]ard|Gawd
I haven't even seen it listed anywhere. I won't get my hopes up that it will be out before November, at least in any significant quantity :(

rastaban

Gawd
that is mid October not early....

True, but c'mon they always do that. First half of month is technically "early" for them.

Also, look at the availability of lower end desktop Skylake chips. "Launching end of Sept" and still not a sign of availability.

SomeGuy133

2[H]4U
True, but c'mon they always do that. First half of month is technically "early" for them.

Also, look at the availability of lower end desktop Skylake chips. "Launching end of Sept" and still not a sign of availability.

intel did explicitly mention that was the flagships (6600/6700K) only though so that was a true statement.

Last edited:

Jumpem

Gawd
Is there going to be much of a noticeable difference between this and a SATA SSD if usage is just gaming and light desktop use?

DejaWiz

Fully [H]
Is there going to be much of a noticeable difference between this and a SATA SSD if usage is just gaming and light desktop use?

Probably not discernable in a blind taste test under that kind of usage.

Terminus

[H]ard|Gawd

this.

after the maps and textures load or whatever it's all about the GPU anyway.

regardless, my body is ready for 2500mb/s ;):eek::cool::D

M

mls1995

I'm still very interested but I also just got my rig finally working 100% and I don't want to jump through 20 hoops to get one of these working as an OS drive. Hopefully these will be plug and play with Win8+ drivers.

SomeGuy133

2[H]4U
I'm still very interested but I also just got my rig finally working 100% and I don't want to jump through 20 hoops to get one of these working as an OS drive. Hopefully these will be plug and play with Win8+ drivers.

should be plug and play with 7 and above

Drawmonster

2[H]4U
Still using my 840 Evo from my old build. Wondering if it's worth the upgrade in the new rig in my sig if it doesn't really equate to gaming performance.

DejaWiz

Fully [H]
Still using my 840 Evo from my old build. Wondering if it's worth the upgrade in the new rig in my sig if it doesn't really equate to gaming performance.

Do it if you want to, but with gaming, the cost would be better spent on a 1+ TB SATA III drive, imo.

Last edited:

sblantipodi

2[H]4U
Do it if you want to, but with gaming, the cost would be better spent on a 1+ TB SATA III drive, imo.

I agree, I will buy a 1TB 850 EVO for gaming and a 950PRO for OS, software and processing contents.
Storage will be the next upgrade to the rig in signature.

WarLust

Limp Gawd

Sounds good. I'll check with my Micro Center tomorrow when I pick up my $319.99 6700k. If I find anything different, I'll post.

WarLust

Limp Gawd
Heard some new info today at my MC. Apparently the release date has been pushed back to Nov. 1 due to the shipping problems on the West coast. The salesman confirmed it through email and said even though they may get a few in before that time, they won't sell them until Nov. 1 :(

SomeGuy133

2[H]4U
Heard some new info today at my MC. Apparently the release date has been pushed back to Nov. 1 due to the shipping problems on the West coast. The salesman confirmed it through email and said even though they may get a few in before that time, they won't sell them until Nov. 1 :(

FUCK YOU SAMMY!!!! I WANT NOW!!!

anyways....those damn lies. Early October...way to burst my bubble :/

Thanks for the update boss! I am stopping my daily google search til the 28th