Saints Row reboot

And that would be? SR3 was a standard GTA clone, but made zero attempts to be logical. It did have strong player customization which this reboot seems to lack. Aside from that it was fairly standard. SR4 added super powers which were gimmicky and slapped on but otherwise was essentially the same. Considering it was supposed to be a DLC for SR3 originally it makes sense why it was so similar to SR3.

Otherwise I don't really see what makes SR3 standout. I have only played SR3/4.
The previous games were batshit crazy? Like side missions where you spray stuff with a septic truck.
Saints Row is famous for being "GTA on crack". The videos they've shown from the reboot just looks like regular GTA. Like the game takes itself too seriously.

Feast your eyes on the Saints Row 3 trailer:

The previous games were batshit crazy? Like side missions where you spray stuff with a septic truck.
Saints Row is famous for being "GTA on crack". The videos they've shown from the reboot just looks like regular GTA. Like the game takes itself too seriously.

Feast your eyes on the Saints Row 3 trailer:

I just played SR3 and 4 back to back a few weeks ago. Outside of some zany scripted sequences and dialogue the core gameplay mirrored GTA/Watch Dogs/whatever. I did like the Mass Effect and MGS parody in SR4 but the super powers were tacked on so poorly and were mostly pointless.

Sounds like they removed anything that will offend anyone, so basically this won't be Saints Row.
For the sake of preventing arguments I try to avoid politics but yes I got the same vibe from the trailers so far.
I have a feeling we'll hear more complaints about this once people get their hands on the game. Reviewers are gonna love it, though.

"Volition removed everything that made this game fun and interesting, and it's better for it!"

Last edited:
For the sake of preventing arguments I try to avoid politics but yes I got the same vibe from the trailers so far.
I have a feeling we'll hear more complaints about this once people get their hands on the game. Reviewers are gonna love it, though.

"Volition removed everything that made this game fun and interesting, and it's better for it!"
Everything is about politics these days unfortunately. Saints Row is known for its insanely crazy outlandishness. Taking anything away from this game that made it what it is would be a serious mistake.

pretty much any game that announces a release date you need to add at least 6 months to that date

I thought they delayed to tone down the hipster shit after the backlash, apparently not. I hope they are bracing for a giant flop as this might be news to them, but the audience they are targeting isn't interested in AAA games beyond dumping on them on reddit/twitter.

In the original SR series, you were a thug with a heart of gold. It was funny, and endearing.
I can't get over the annoying hipster vibe in this one. It reminds me a lot of Watch Dogs 2, but it actually was more thematically appropriate in that game.

The game will launch, dumbass reviewers will give it 8's and 9's, the community will hate it. A few years after that people will say it was actually better than everyone thought.

I just can't believe the same people who made the previous SR games are also making this one. Very weird.

IGN Early Impression seems to like it

"Tonally, Saints Row fits somewhere in between the second and third of the original series - not quite as dark as 2, but not as off-the-wall bonkers as The Third...from the brief conversations I heard in cutscenes and the way the members of your gang spoke to one another, I was getting big Watch Dogs 2 vibes – something I’m sure will split people – but as a big fan of Ubisoft’s San Francisco-based sequel, I found this encouraging"...

https://www.ign.com/articles/saints-row-hands-off-preview

Last edited:
The gameplay footage of driving/shooting definitely looks like a Saints Row game.
Hopefully it's good so it can fill the GTA gap we've had for 10 years...

That is how I feel. The characters look lame. Aside from that it looks like SR3/4. I recently played 3/4 for the first time a year back so it isn't nostalgia I am basing this off of.

some of the people here are so over the top with their hate for them wanting to change things up a bit...as long as the spirit of the original is still there then that's all that really matters...gamers are so jaded nowadays- woke this, make some minor changes and more outrage etc...judge the game based on the gameplay and not some preconceived notion of what the series was 10 years ago
FYI, this reaction is not nearly limited to gamers. The entire world is fed up with stupid woke BS. Ironically, nearly a year later, if anything the world is MORE fed up with the woke BS than they were back then.

Last edited:
IGN Early Impression seems to like it

"Tonally, Saints Row fits somewhere in between the second and third of the original series - not quite as dark as 2, but not as off-the-wall bonkers as The Third...from the brief conversations I heard in cutscenes and the way the members of your gang spoke to one another, I was getting big Watch Dogs 2 vibes – something I’m sure will split people – but as a big fan of Ubisoft’s San Francisco-based sequel, I found this encouraging"...

https://www.ign.com/articles/saints-row-hands-off-preview
The last time IGN was worth listening to, Netscape Navigator was still in use.

Tom Henderson revealed that Volition will release a free Saints Row character customization tool called Boss Factory on June 9th, likely right after the game's appearance on Geoff Keighley's Summer Game Fest showcase...Boss Factory allows players to create the main character to be used in Saints Row ahead of the game's launch date (August 23rd)...the options will be the same as in the actual game

the report also says players will be able to share their characters with others via a special code that can be entered on any platform...as such, a character created on consoles can be shared to PC and vice-versa...the global Saints Row community will get to vote on character designs and follow their favorite designers

Tom Henderson revealed that Volition will release a free Saints Row character customization tool called Boss Factory on June 9th, likely right after the game's appearance on Geoff Keighley's Summer Game Fest showcase...Boss Factory allows players to create the main character to be used in Saints Row ahead of the game's launch date (August 23rd)...the options will be the same as in the actual game

the report also says players will be able to share their characters with others via a special code that can be entered on any platform...as such, a character created on consoles can be shared to PC and vice-versa...the global Saints Row community will get to vote on character designs and follow their favorite designers
Source:
https://exputer.com/news/games/saints-row-boss-factory-on-june-9th/

I checked out the character creator, and it doesn't even work without a controller, there are no keyboard controls mapped for the customization. -> Utter trash.
PC software & games without re-bindable keys & buttons are usually trash ports. Tip of the iceberg for this woke SR I think.

Did you download the PC version? From what i understand, there was supposed to be a character creator download for consoles and then one for the PC.

Yes I downloaded the PC version, from the EGS no less, since the game is also EGS exclusive to add insult to injury. Of course the console version would need a controller, I would not complain about that.

As a side note, I also learned that once you download a demo like this on EGS, it is permanently in your library, you can't get rid of it. Unless you open a support ticket and ask them to remove it. But even that is limited to 5 titles apparently. And they wonder why people hate their garbage launcher.

Last edited:
Yes I downloaded the PC version, from the EGS no less, since the game is also EGS exclusive to add insult to injury. Of course the console version would need a controller, I would not complain about that.

As a side note, I also learned that once you download a demo like this on EGS, it is permanently in your library, you can't get rid of it. Unless you open a support ticket and ask them to remove it. But even that is limited to 5 titles apparently. And they wonder why people hate their garbage launcher.
They stay on your account in Origin, too, but you can at least hide them there.

I've removed demos from the game list in EGS before. But I cannot recall how. I did not ever open a ticket.

1658515605370.png

1658515554688.png

I got the game code for free buying an AMD video card, looks like it's designed to run at 30fps in 4K for the consoles.

Looks okay. I just don't like the supporting character design. Seems like it will be another generic open world driving/shooting 3rd person game much like the 3rd and 4th game.

Back