S27B970 Impressions.

No, the 970D will be a downgrade in terms of blacks & will also be extremely reflective. If you want the 850D to match the 970D's preset color accuracy get an i1 display pro colorimeter and calibrate it instead of selling it for a loss.

The NEC P242W's coating is basically the same as the 850D's . Example 2 Think of the NEC as a smaller version of the 850D.

Thanks. I like my 850D but I will probably not get around RMA'ing it and i'm afraid the problem will happen again. Is image retention common for PLS panels?

I went afk for like 1.5 hours and just left one Windows Explorer window open on the Desktop. When I came back and changed from Desktop to Windows 8 Start screen a shadow frame of the Explorer window was burned in and it took a long time to go away.
In the past I never had problems like that with this Monitor.

I read the tftcentral review for the 970D and it seemed great but I kinda start thinking my 850D is better, I really like the design over the Apple'ish 970D design. Any other comparable 27" 1440p options?

Best regards

Edit: I had the chance to test the S27B970D at home today. You were so right, it feels like a downgrade from the S27A850D. I'm going to order another 850D and use it until my first come comes back from RMA, might as well keep both to work with dual screen, I always had that in mind. For gaming however a single 1440p screen is all I want.

Last edited:
Back