Rule the Seas

I think he was purchasing either weapons or armor to try and fend off the attacks...it didn't work out as well as he thought.

He sent me a message saying he gave up :)

Well I needed money so I decided to sell some points, someone bought all 20 of my points and then I was promptly mugged and lost all of the money before I had a chance to deposit it in the bank.

Dang pirates.

Aye, unfortunately the only good way to deal with money is to get yourself killed so you're in the Injury Ward and not attackable.

I think all market transactions should go through the bank, but that's just me.

I might add that I was mugged 47 times in a 1 minute time span :eek: while I was reading a e-mail.

Oh well time to vote again to get some more points :D

A couple days ago I took some money to play slots while in the hospital. I finished all 250 spins, ended with about 850k. This was at work so I have to drop what I'm doing sometimes. I had to leave my desk for a few minutes. Come back, like 350k was mugged from me. Vicious game.

There should be a "cool down" period after mugging someone, like you can only mug them once a minute or something. Doesn't make sense to keep hitting up someone and taking the same amount of cash. The second time around you'll be more prepared, no? :p

People open up multiple tabs and just mug/tab/mug.

JasonX is the wench that did it to me. Bought 20 points from me for 3 mil and before I knew it (10 secs or less) I had 1.2 mil left.

so is seamanship worthless at lower levels? what are the benefits of buying a ship?

i'm level 6 right now, i'm a noob. leveling takes a while. i followed someone's advice and i just do the 1 nerve crimes.

also, for the herbs and stuff, are the buffs permanent or will they wear off on me?

Seamanship only affects ships and battling other ships, so don't train in it until you wanna hit the open waters.

I don't know about herbs and buffs. I've never used them.

yeah seamanship is worthless until you actually have a ship. I'm lvl17 and I still dont have a ship, I can afford one, but I'm a cheap bastard. I dont know if there are any benefits or not.

The buffs wear off, they last for 20 minutes I believe, maybe 30.

Ships allow you to travel from port to port for free,but it also opens you to attack from other ships (unless you buy the rowboat). I don't think owning a ship is anything special, and I believe you get the same experience from attacking someone in a ship as you do attacking them normally.

I wouldn't worry about a ship until you're level 30+ with tons of cash to spare. What's more important right now is your housing. The better the housing, the more effective your training will be.

You can be killed in your rowboat though. I learned the hard way. Some jackass shot me!

Need advice on how to mug.

50/50 is addictive. One minute your over 3 mill (pirates mugging you left and right) and then your stealing pigs for extra cash. :(

If you want to gamble, get yourself killed. You can't be attacked when you're in the Injury Ward.

Whats the best way to get into the Ward? Attack someone much higher level?

Theoretically, but level doesn't really matter. At all. Since all you need to train is energy, which regenerates no matter what, a level 10 pirate can kick a level 20 pirate's ass. Level just raises your capacities, but doesn't reflect how strong or weak you are.

Your best bet is to attack someone much higher though.

That begs the question, how do you raise (train) your energy level?

Thanks

Leveling.

Just saying, even low-level pirates can be much stronger than you think. I'm not saying it would be easy. It would in fact take a much longer time to raise their abilities than someone of a higher level.

I have a small flat but I've got almost 30m so I can afford a plantation, but I don't wanna go back to being almost broke, especially since my gear isn't very good. I'm thinking about accumulating the interest from the 30m for awhile so I'll have a good chunk of cash left, but I really need to train. And I don't have an awake potion.

Arm Cannon
Breastplate
Plumed Hat
Breeches

Strength: 7,441
Defense: 5,784
Speed: 7,847
Seamanship: 21
Total: 21,072

Whaddya think?

First off, how in the world did you level up so fast?

Second, dont worry about your gear, you're better equipped than I am (however, my stats are better than yours). I'd say get the Plantation, but thats just what I would do. The sooner you get it the sooner you'll be able to train to the full extent of it and then you'll be able to get your stats up faster.

My Stats:
Strength: 21,973
Speed: 20,141
Defense: 6,375
Seamanship: 10
Total: 48,499

how do i contribute more to the gang?

i see gang crimes and stuff, how do i help w/ that?

also, how does the vault work?

Gang crimes are independent of gang members. It's just a function to get the gang money. The leader initiates them. He gave me the power to initiate them as well.

You can contribute by donating items, points, money, and attacking other gang members to get gang experience. Click the Details link to see what I mean.

Once you reach level 10 you can initiane gang crimes. This can be found under your gang>manage gang crime. No actual participation is required from gang members, but the type of crime varies by how many gang members we have. Each crime takes a specified amount of time to complete and if the crime succeeds then money is placed into our account.

The vault is a repository of points, money and items that have been donated to, or purchased by, the gang, to provide a cache of weapons and armaments that can be loaned out to gang members for use.

To best benefit the actual gang, you can choose to donate money, points and items you don't need for use by other members, and when attacking to make sure you're attacking members of other gangs. Attacking members of other gangs increases the experience and level of our gang.

Man I am getting tired of people buying items on the market from me at like 3:00am then mugging me for the next 2 hours.

Are you in the hospital when you're dealing with money and selling items? And they're actually hanging around for hours to mug back their cash?

That sucks. I've never had that problem, but make sure you bank your money as soon as you sell something or a minute or two before you're out of the hospital. Also, never leave items in the market. You could sell them and have a bunch of cash in your hands and be a mugger target.

Just started, pirate's name is MrCoffee. Have no clue what i'm doing, and it sucks only having 5 nerve :/ Selling my points I got from voting at the start to get some cash, and hopefully will hit level 2 eventually?

Just started, pirate's name is MrCoffee. Have no clue what i'm doing, and it sucks only having 5 nerve :/ Selling my points I got from voting at the start to get some cash, and hopefully will hit level 2 eventually?

Don't forget to apply to join our gang.

So, how fast does nerve regenerate? and how can I get it back faster without spending points?

And i see there are some Swashbuckler's pants in the vault. Any chance I could nick those until I can afford to buy my own? :D

Gotta wait it out. It's somewhat slow. It seems to regen faster as you level (but mainly 'cause you get more per 'pulse'). If you become a Respected Pirate, your Energy regenerates twice as fast though.

And just so everyone knows. if you upgrade your house, your Awake goes down to like 5 when you sell your old one. Now i've got 1,100 awake to replenish :[

Yeah, we know. Most of us find out the hard way, too. It sucks. You'll have to acquire an Awake Potion (it regenerates excruciatingly slowly), or use some Points to refill it.

I went into the Tavern a couple times to see if someone could donate one out of pity or charity, or whatever. Schmooze someone. It worked once.

So I've been playing this for maybe a couple of weeks now and have been leveling and stuff, but I don't really see how to get ludicrous amounts of money. What are all of you guys doing to make like millions and billions?

Asterr told me he works the Items market, and tries to get Awake Potions for around 15m to sell for 20m (takes patience I'm sure). He probably makes a good chunk attacking too.

I've been merchanting the Points market, trying to buy for $150,000 or less and selling for more obviously. The money isn't that great though. Haven't broken 100m yet.

or make the slot machine do all 250 pulls at once

That would kill the server, but maybe ten spins at once wouldn't be bad. Plus you'd need a lot of money on hand, pretty much your bet x 250. I've always come out way ahead with the slot machine, but you never know.

yeah I cant get there either

All I've done for money is Lucky Dip and sell my points...I'm up to 110mill in the bank, but I want to save up even more to get more than just 2 houses above mine.

Back