RTX 3xxx performance speculation

Fedex just dinged me, Zotac 3090 I ordered from Provantage a few weeks ago just shipped, due 9/24.

Should have upgraded to overnight shipping.

Wow. I didn't know they could ship in advance like that. I thought they had to wait for the 24th to make them available for sale. (which is why I hadnt even started looking yet)

Looks like Linus was chosen for the nvidia sponsored 3090 review.

Freakin WOW that 3090 FE cooler almost.....almost makes one not want to WC hahaha.........and that 8k....wooooooo
Ill wait for 8k when they do 8k120 + 4k240hz! Until then I will go be poor with my 3080 + 48CX!

Not surprised since Zotac as much as admitted their Trinity models are junk. MSI Ventus is also known as bottom of the barrel. I suspect as they said in the article these cards are being pushed too hard.
The cards appear to be over boosting 2+ GHz stock, and then becoming unstable obviously.
Manually underclocking to a reasonable speed fixes the issue.

The cards appear to be over boosting 2+ GHz stock, and then becoming unstable obviously.
Manually underclocking to a reasonable speed fixes the issue.
I'm glad I don't have to underclock my CPU, SSD, RAM, bus speed, and monitor frequency to keep them from crashing.

My Aorus 2080 ti rock stable no issue with messing clocks like here i read

You want a 3090. So far there haven't been any reports of overboost for that GPU. Buy what you want. The cheap cards from MSI and Zotac are messed up. Meh.

You want a 3090. So far there haven't been any reports of overboost for that GPU. Buy what you want. The cheap cards from MSI and Zotac are messed up. Meh.
Never MSI. I had in past 5x from a row 770 Lightnings. All cards was crashing on stock in Unigine HEaven. Then i went to Gigabyte and no issues.

Possibly the real reason behind the delayed reviews, a quick patch applied.

That Rtx 3090 is fk big damn me. But i have big tower Cooler Master COsmos C700P ,so easily. But i am worried a bit about that reports with card crashing on 3080. Hope on 3090 will be fine.

Looks like Linus was chosen for the nvidia sponsored 3090 review.

of course they would test Doom Eternal as that game is ridiculously optimized and works well on older video cards...so it makes 8K look obtainable when pretty much no other game will run like that

of course they would test Doom Eternal as that game is ridiculously optimized and works well on a potato video card...so it makes 8K look obtainable when pretty much no other game will run like that

Crysis "remaster" would be funny at 8k.

not a smooth launch for Nvidia...might be good that so many people were not able to get their hands on one...you'd probably be reading about more complaints with AIB cards
I still want one. Does that make me a loser? It's ok, you can lie to me.

Using NVidia settings taken off a page as well in NVidia recommended games. Surprised the thumbnail of the video isn't him deepthroating the gpu while Jensen spanks him with a Spatula.
ok and? it was pretty obvious that the video was sponsored by nvidia as he mentioned that like 10 times, they sent him a 30K tv and a 3090. So yeah the video has to be on nvidias terms. He didnt give an opinion on the performance at all and instead said to stay tuned for the performance video that will come out tomorrow at 9AM EST.

If nvidia offered me the same offer i would say yes for sure. Linus has already made about 40 grand off that video.

ok and? it was pretty obvious that the video was sponsored by nvidia as he mentioned that like 10 times, they sent him a 30K tv and a 3090. So yeah the video has to be on nvidias terms. He didnt give an opinion on the performance at all and instead said to stay tuned for the performance video that will come out tomorrow at 9AM EST.

If nvidia offered me the same offer i would say yes for sure. Linus has already made about 40 grand off that video.

Digital Foundry did something similar and got a lot of flack for it. Yes we're all aware it was basically an nvidia sponsored advertisement. A stupidly priced TV in conjunction with a videocard that will have barely any availability for some time to come. Colour me unimpressed and honestly, bored of paper launches that are the norm now.

Back