RTX 3090!!

I had before this twin rtx 2080ti and i dont play games just flight sims so it really looks the same to me and frame rates still the same ....

I had before this twin rtx 2080ti and i dont play games just flight sims so it really looks the same to me and frame rates still the same ....

Well considering the new Flight is very CPU bound. The 3090 can only do so much.

Why would it feel good to spend $1,500 USD (and I imagine some effort to win a F5 battle or in line to a physical location) if it end up looking the same at the same frame rate ?

Why would it feel good to spend $1,500 USD (and I imagine some effort to win a F5 battle or in line to a physical location) if it end up looking the same at the same frame rate ?

Only cost me 450 bucks !!! and its only money at the end of the day remember when we die we cant take the cash with us.. Only pay pal up there !!!

Wow, do any flight sims require that many cores?
I am not good with tech stuff but prob not any of the flight sims that have been out. I am about to downloads the new microsoft flight sim now we will see if it uses more. When i built my rig there was a deal on the 2990 so i took it, figured better to have more then less!!

Only cost me 450 bucks !!! and its only money at the end of the day remember when we die we cant take the cash with us.. Only pay pal up there !!!

I am not sure how it could costed you $450 bucks (if it is because you sold a TI you had bought 1150-1200 or something like that, I get the point even if it is a bit like considering money you put in the pot has different than other player money put in the pot fallacy.

But that a different question, if it would have changed anything in exchange of just money, yes I could easily understand, if it changed absolutely nothing for $450 USD plus the work, I am not sure why it would feel particularly good.

I am not good with tech stuff but prob not any of the flight sims that have been out. I am about to downloads the new microsoft flight sim now we will see if it uses more. When i built my rig there was a deal on the 2990 so i took it, figured better to have more then less!!

I have bad news, that new MS FS2020 is not very well optimized and won't take advantage of your HW.

I have bad news, that new MS FS2020 is not very well optimized and won't take advantage of your HW.
Y is it bad news it is what it is, i don't have any problems with any fl. sims so far i am able to run every option at max and runs fast and smooth.. But really love xplane in virtual reality omg it's insane !!!

Wow, do any flight sims require that many cores?

Depends which we are talking about, Flight Simulator 2020 for example do not seem to use much of the extra core going from a 3300x to a 3950x (directx 11 I think so rely heavily on single thread performance):

Going from 2 core with HT to 6 core do not seem to help Xplane 11 (if nothing changed since 2018):

I am not sure how it could costed you $450 bucks (if it is because you sold a TI you had bought 1150-1200 or something like that, I get the point even if it is a bit like considering money you put in the pot has different than other player money put in the pot fallacy.

But that a different question, if it would have changed anything in exchange of just money, yes I could easily understand, if it changed absolutely nothing for $450 USD plus the work, I am not sure why it would feel particularly good.
Sorry should of just said how i bought crosair gaming rig for 2,300 with the 3090 in it and switched the cards to the 1080ti blk edition and sold the rig for 2,300 to a local guy ...Oh and i bought the 1080 from ebay and free shipping

Last edited:
You can use a 64 core processor at 3.9GHz and it'll perform the same as a 8 core at 3.9GHz for a flight sim
Yes i know speed counts more!! Like i said up till now it has been running great we will see with fs 2020 im downloading it now looks like its going to be an hour down load!!

Good, huh?

Oh well. If that's all it is, then I'll wait for AMD Radeon 6000.

Im not making this claim, however, it is going to be funny as literal F if the 6900xt is faster than the 3090 at half the price.

Im patiently waiting to drop my paypal account immediately on a 6900xt if it proves it is between the 3080 and 90 at half the price.

I am also using a 3960x in my main rig but I might make it strictly my workstation and run a Zen 3 5800x and 6900xt as my gaming rig. October is a good month, even if 6900xt doesnt pan out, the Zen 3 chips are already leaking to be much much faster than the 10900k.

And if it is almost as fast as my Threadripper ... I will sell the Threadripper and just run a lighter but faster core setup. I love my 24 cores though. Damn I cant get over how powerful this cpu is.

Im not making this claim, however, it is going to be funny as literal F if the 6900xt is faster than the 3090 at half the price.

Im patiently waiting to drop my paypal account immediately on a 6900xt if it proves it is between the 3080 and 90 at half the price.

I am also using a 3960x in my main rig but I might make it strictly my workstation and run a Zen 3 5800x and 6900xt as my gaming rig. October is a good month, even if 6900xt doesnt pan out, the Zen 3 chips are already leaking to be much much faster than the 10900k.

And if it is almost as fast as my Threadripper ... I will sell the Threadripper and just run a lighter but faster core setup. I love my 24 cores though. Damn I cant get over how powerful this cpu is.
Wish i had the first clue what you are talking about!!! lol!! Zen and 10900k ?? lol A All i know is u bring me 10,900k and i will take u to a massage parlor here in brooklyn and set u up with 3 asian ladies that will make u feel zen 100!!!

Hey, I suddenly had a need for a 3rd 30 series card so I just bought one for the wife.the 3090's have been easier for me to buy. We will do this dance again next launch.

Hold on now, I can use that 10-15%! I am trying to get away from 1440p dependency. When I look at 4k charts, the 3090 will get me into that golden range of 90-120 FPS more easily than the 3080. Yeah, the price difference is gross. Good luck finding a 10GB 3080 in stock for the next few months, only to swap it for a 20GB model later. I just want the top dog now for my CX. Jensen knows this all too well!

Last edited:

That's not going to happen. AMD's quarterlies and yearly financials are tiny compared to Intel and nVidia. Remember, AMD was only about to beat Intel using "chiplets" and can still not touch Intel in single threaded performance, but that could change on the 8th. We will see. AMD's GPU's? Doubtful. There are a lot ... a lot of reports of performance leaks and the new AMD GPU's will have to compete on price and "mohr memory" and not raw performance. AMD has a lot less money for R&D, less engineers which means, less performance. But, I am open to being surprised. Means I can take my $1800 RTX 3090 back. But I really doubt AMD will give me that reason, but, would be nice.

Are you botting?
I botted the first one, second is just waiting in line for a step-up. The 3090 was just by hand, they are easier to get vs 3080. I'm sure less bots want to touch alot of 3090's. The 3080's are going to be more profit for them now. If you are specific about the 3090 its not bad getting one manually. a few people I work with have been able to get them also just with getting the restocking notifications.

These three are for personal use, I may have a 4th coming in but I have already reached out to another person on the forum to buy it for what I paid and only the fees for paypal and shipping. I tried for a week before I got one by using a bot. If I wanted another 3080 I would use a bot again.

Last edited:
I botted the first one, second is just waiting in line for a step-up. The 3090 was just by hand, they are easier to get vs 3080. I'm sure less bots want to touch alot of 3090's. The 3080's are going to be more profit for them now. If you are specific about the 3090 its not bad getting one. a few people I work with have been able to get them also just with getting the restocking notifications.

Thanks for being part of the problem.

Reactions: Mylex
like this
That's not going to happen. AMD's quarterlies and yearly financials are tiny compared to Intel and nVidia. Remember, AMD was only about to beat Intel using "chiplets" and can still not touch Intel in single threaded performance, but that could change on the 8th. We will see. AMD's GPU's? Doubtful. There are a lot ... a lot of reports of performance leaks and the new AMD GPU's will have to compete on price and "mohr memory" and not raw performance. AMD has a lot less money for R&D, less engineers which means, less performance. But, I am open to being surprised. Means I can take my $1800 RTX 3090 back. But I really doubt AMD will give me that reason, but, would be nice.
Sometimes you can do a lot with very little. Just take a look back and compare what AMD did coming from Vishera to Zen. Then within less than 2 years Zen 2 already has higher IPC than Intel's fastest and only loses in in single threaded situations where Intel has a massive clock speed advantage. Even then AMDs superior IPC can still trump the Intel CPUs in some workloads.

If AMD can rise from the ashes with Ryzen and prove to the world they can not only be relevant still but actually competitive, then why would that not be possible with their GPUs as well?

He isn't reselling them. The one he is selling isn't for profit.

We can't know for sure what he's doing. What we do know is he's running bots which is why none of us regular users have half a chance of buying a card.

We can't know for sure what he's doing. What we do know is he's running bots which is why none of us regular users have half a chance of buying a card.
Even with all the feels I get from your post I hope you can get one . Seriously try for a 3090 I've posted before when I've gotten notifications and at least one person got it. The bots aren't going to be stopped until inventory is available. Sad thing is the channels I've access to they are planning on forcing an extended fake shortage. The step-up program maybe people's better bet for a while.

Back