RTX 3090!!

We can't know for sure what he's doing. What we do know is he's running bots which is why none of us regular users have half a chance of buying a card.
Or your can learn how to bot. Might be a fun project while we wait for inventory. Might help for future releases.

Or your can learn how to bot. Might be a fun project while we wait for inventory. Might help for future releases.

I'm not going to bot. It's how we're in this mess to begin with. That's why we have that cottage industry of scumbags now paying for a bot service just so they can scalp on ebay.

We can't know for sure what he's doing. What we do know is he's running bots which is why none of us regular users have half a chance of buying a card.

If he used a bot to secure himself ONE card for his own personal use, I see nothing wrong with what he did. He didn't prevent you from getting a card, what he did do is provide one less card for bad actors/scalpers using bots for nefarious purposes. Those are the folks who are part of the problem. Not someone who is simply trying to maximize his/her chances to get one for their own personal use.

If I REALLY wanted one ASAP, I'd figure out how to bot also... Thankfully, my hardware/gaming situation isn't quite that critical and with 20GB rumors, Navi around the corner, and stability concerns, I'd rather just let the dust settle anyway and make a more informed purchase.

I have zero issue with anyone using their own bot to buy one card. Well, at least as long as they're not instantly re-selling the card for a huge profit.
Hell, I seriously considered it last Thursday myself. I lucked into EVGA's website actually working, but had I missed out I probably would have assumed a bot was the only option.
As long as you aren't screwing over the community, you do you.

some good is coming out of this situation. The bot groups are already regretting encroaching on the PC components. They could get by doing this on consoles and iphones but the sites they are targeting now are learning and making there bots a little less effective each week. Neweggs ip/account lock for repeated queries is already cause a huge head ache because they aren't able to instantly grab everything. Once the techniques spread to shoe or collectibles sites it's going to hurt long term.

some good is coming out of this situation. The bot groups are already regretting encroaching on the PC components. They could get by doing this on consoles and iphones but the sites they are targeting now are learning and making there bots a little less effective each week. Neweggs ip/account lock for repeated queries is already cause a huge head ache because they aren't able to instantly grab everything. Once the techniques spread to shoe or collectibles sites it's going to hurt long term.

Yeah at least the other assholes had to wait outside for 2 days.

Even with all the feels I get from your post I hope you can get one . Seriously try for a 3090 I've posted before when I've gotten notifications and at least one person got it. The bots aren't going to be stopped until inventory is available. Sad thing is the channels I've access to they are planning on forcing an extended fake shortage. The step-up program maybe people's better bet for a while.

In reply to the stress caused by a shortage:
There is this thing called sunshine. Its wonderful. It provides you warmth and your skin can synthesize Vitamin D. It lowers depression and it allows you to work outside and have a nice looking presentable yard and property. Getting some real ray tracing is far superior to hitting f5 all day long and all night long waiting and hoping for a card that simulates what is free 30 foot away.

Go outside and enjoy nature. Eventually your ultimate video game card will be available.

There is this thing called sunshine. Its wonderful. It provides you warmth and your skin can synthesize Vitamin D. It lowers depression and it allows you to work outside and have a nice looking presentable yard and property. Getting some real ray tracing is far superior to hitting f5 all day long and all night long waiting and hoping for a card that simulates what is free 30 foot away.

Go outside and enjoy nature. Eventually your ultimate video game card will be available.

You might think that's what I'm doing, but it couldn't be further from the truth. Once I saw people were deploying bots I lost interest. I just know there are lots of decent people out there who want to buy one and the scumbag scalpers/botters have made that virtually impossible for them.

You might think that's what I'm doing, but it couldn't be further from the truth. Once I saw people were deploying bots I lost interest. I just know there are lots of decent people out there who want to buy one and the scumbag scalpers/botters have made that virtually impossible for them.

And I agree but we cant stop cancer can we? Scalpers are cancer. So until then dont let it wreck your happiness either. Its just a GPU. If you make money with GPUs a 2080ti works very very well and is plentiful in supply. At least until you can walk in a best buy and choose the brand of 3080 you want.

Do we know if the instability issues also affected 3090's, or just 3080's?

I've seen mixed reports. Seems like most articles only specifically mention the 3080's.
At first I thought my 3090 was affected, but after re-seating the card, re-plugging everything in, and re-installing my video drivers I've been bulletproof. This is even before the recent drivers. I think I might have just been sloppy when I installed the card originally.

hey does anyone know if i got the card in the pci 2nd slot does it make a difference ? i am having a problem with slot 1 i spilled coffee in it lol!! i think it shorted out but the other slots are good just wondering does it take away from proformance in slot 2?
thanks

hey does anyone know if i got the card in the pci 2nd slot does it make a difference ? i am having a problem with slot 1 i spilled coffee in it lol!! i think it shorted out but the other slots are good just wondering does it take away from proformance in slot 2?
thanks

Coffee is a speed enhancer as it has caffeine.....Your pci slot 1 now runs at pcie 5 speeds!

I live in the PNW, we barely ever get sunshine. :p

However, I do take Vitamin D supplements, so...

thanks

Depends on the motherboard but I think usually both slots are capable of doing full PCI-E 16x, so you should be fine.

if its at x16 it should be good. I wouldn't want to use a 3080/3090 at 8x for a long period of time.

and yall shitting on him when he's happy with his system suck. he's probably more [H] with better hardware than you, stay jelly.

if its at x16 it should be good. I wouldn't want to use a 3080/3090 at 8x for a long period of time.

and yall shitting on him when he's happy with his system suck. he's probably more [H] with better hardware than you, stay jelly.

Well he can use 8x all day long if its version 4 lanes. That is the same bandwidth as 16 ver 3 lanes.

Depends on the motherboard but I think usually both slots are capable of doing full PCI-E 16x, so you should be fine.
i have asus x399-e and i just looked at the book, good thing i asked u guys so slot 1 and 3 are x16 2 and 4 are x8 so i moved it to slot 3 and wow yes i gained over 15 fps!! thanks

Back