Rosewill Armor - video card clearance?

stop!theradio

2[H]4U
I've been searching and searching but have gotten no definitive answer yet. I'm purchasing an ASUS HD 6950 DCII 2GB video card and want to get the Rosewill Armor case while I'm at it. My only question is - will it fit inside that case? I've seen a few posts while Googling for an answer and while I've seen some say that they have the Armor case as well as the ASUS card working together - I've read reviews saying the clearance isn't quite enough for the huge card to fit well in the case.

Is there anyone - anyone at all - that has any experience with this case and its true video card clearance specs so I can get some sort of definitive answer? Thanks a ton!

Review here says there is "10 inches to work with", and it shows a "9"" card installed (though it looks like you could fit a 10.5" card in there... That card is 11.7", so doesn't look good unless you don't mind sawing out part of the 5.25" bays (would be simple to do!).

Yeah I've read that which is why I'm all confuzzled over it. Someone on another forum who had a faulty ASUS hd6950 said they "know it's not an airflow problem, because my case is the Rosewill Armor case".

I'm sitting here like "wtf? so will this card fit or not???" :p

I looked up the asus 9600 GSO, and it's length is listed as 22.86cm so 9"

The space on the picture from the PCI bracket to drive bays is 249px, and the card PCB ends at 212px. Soo if 22.86cm is 212 pixels...

22.86/212 = 1 pixel is 0.1078301886792452830188679245283cm x 249 pixels = 26.85cm or 10.57 inches. There are smaller 6950s, like this one which would fit, though be pretty tight! I think that 11.7 inch model is out without some case modding! :(

Thanks a lot for the information! I've also got it confirmed with someone who owns both here on the forums and they also said it will not fit. Crisis averted; I will simply go for a different case as I don't feel like cutting up a brand new case right now :p

Thanks again!

Back